F1 2022 News/Misc.

Not sure I agree with you on the tire thing, there are 3 types and they are specifically engineered for their individual optimum performance, this is a good thing.
Except you are required to run at least two of them. Wait....... the "option" tire is mandatory?

What team in their right mind would deliberately put the wrong tire on unless the rules called for it?

Just think how more boring some races would be if it wasn't for a tire strategy.
Maybe it's just me, but I'de rather see the race instead of managing deg. I also despise pit stops because it's easier to under/overcut than it is to execute a clean pass. Pit stops break up the racing, and I think we would all rather see them wheel to wheel passing each other on the track instead of while one of them is stopped.

If you want to offer them 2, 3, or even 10 different compounds, let them run what they want to run when they want to run it. I'de rather see less strategy and more wheel-to-wheel action.

Formula One cars were racing a full Grand Prix distance 50 years (or more) ago. I don't believe Pirelli can't make a tire that does not last two hours. If you want to see what these tire companies are capable of, look to endurance racing and all the triple stints they run on Michelins. Al Unser sr won the 1987 Indianapolis 500 on a single set of Goodyear Eagles. It's hard to believe 35 years later we can't make a tire that will run an entire GP.

My opinion is racing is ruined with fake things like the tire game and DRS. Ditch those things and let's get back to being real.

On the tire deg discussion , which is really good by the way, I think
the current tire requirements helps a little bit in evening the playing field.
If we just went with no tire deg strategy requirements I think we would
get boring racing from the high dollar teams. Pit stops and tire strategy
are exciting in F1 and add a level of fun.

On the tire deg discussion , which is really good by the way, I think
the current tire requirements helps a little bit in evening the playing field.
If we just went with no tire deg strategy requirements I think we would
get boring racing from the high dollar teams. Pit stops and tire strategy
are exciting in F1 and add a level of fun.
Fuel already isn’t a limiting factor, if tires weren’t either that’s one less thing for the drivers to manage and that’d probably make for a very boring race. They tried eliminating tire changes in 2005 with much harder tires but I think it only lasted the one year.

Fuel already isn’t a limiting factor, if tires weren’t either that’s one less thing for the drivers to manage and that’d probably make for a very boring race. They tried eliminating tire changes in 2005 with much harder tires but I think it only lasted the one year.
I'de like to see them run non-stop and race instead of relying on the over/undercut. Give them a tire with minimal deg that will go the distance with a little care.

We sort of knew this might be coming: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...sedgntp&cvid=64016df0cf2a48dfbfc8aca1e2910963

Binotto officially resigns effective 12/31. He may not have been a good fit as Team Principal but he’s a fantastic engineer and will be a loss for the Scuderia. Ferrari still have systemic issues that will be difficult for any TP to overcome. This will be what, their fourth or fifth change since Todt?

Binotto officially resigns effective 12/31. He may not have been a good fit as Team Principal but he’s a fantastic engineer and will be a loss for the Scuderia. Ferrari still have systemic issues that will be difficult for any TP to overcome. This will be what, their fourth or fifth change since Todt?

If I'm Mercedes, I would be blowing Mattia's phone up.

Damn, I'm gonna miss his interviews. He's a cool guy. It's not his fault the strategy team made mistakes. I'm surprised he didn't get offered a different role within the team.

I just hope for Max that he will be better in his own personal life as an adult
He can't do a lot worse than his dad.

I dispised Max for his dirty driving, but he didn't pull a dirty trick all year. Either the rules changed, or Max realized he was too good to need to do that, but either way he drove like a worthy champion. I know some people are still upset over 20202. but there was no question this year.

Max does act like a mighty butthole on the radio, but that's between him and the team, and when you are busy winning 15 races, team members will get over that pretty quickly. Max' only bad moment was when he tried to defend Piquet, but then again, that's his girlfriend's dad and Max got put in a no-win position. He still handled it pretty well, so I am going to give him a pass on that one too.

While I am at it, I participate on a few different forums, and I appreciate the friendly and non-combative atmosphere here. You're all a bunch of good guys and you make this a good place.

Noticed this at work today.

20230810_085106.jpg

Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom