F1 2023 News/Misc.

The more I think about the Las Vegas start times
the more unintrested I become. There is not much
positive press on any facet of this venture and now
I understand why. This will definitely be a dvr event
for me.

I dvr most of them anyway since the European races are before I get up. It might be bad or it might be spectacular. We're not going to have any idea how it is going to go until the first fews P sessions. I'm hoping the cold really shakes up the order.

Not F1, but this guy could eventually cary this buffoonery into F1 where he could kill someone, that is, if he doesn't kill someone in F4 or F3 first.

What an utterly complete total bozo, but when you let them get away with these things in the junior formula, they never learn how to race properly.

The FIA talks all the good good bullsht about safety, and then they let this kind of thig go on for decades now. They have cleaned it up in F1 pretty well, but the juniors are a real problem.

If there is any good news in this at all, this clown will have to answer to Marko.

Not F1, but this guy could eventually cary this buffoonery into F1 where he could kill someone, that is, if he doesn't kill someone in F4 or F3 first.

What an utterly complete total bozo, but when you let them get away with these things in the junior formula, they never learn how to race properly.

The FIA talks all the good good bullsht about safety, and then they let this kind of thig go on for decades now. They have cleaned it up in F1 pretty well, but the juniors are a real problem.

If there is any good news in this at all, this clown will have to answer to Marko.

I imagine this guy will get a multi-race ban. That’s absurd.

I dvr most of them anyway since the European races are before I get up. It might be bad or it might be spectacular. We're not going to have any idea how it is going to go until the first fews P sessions. I'm hoping the cold really shakes up the order.
I think there’s so much unknown that it should be an interesting race weekend. Teams are going to have to bring very different setups specific to this track and this weather. Everything from drag/downforce levels with denser air, cold tires with long straights and low ambient/track temps, and reduced cooling needs are going to present new challenges to the teams.

That’s not to say anything of how successful it’ll be as an event - definitely very controversial locally with it being as disruptive as it’s been.

I'm hoping the cold really shakes up the order.

Hopefully Red Bull gets the Singapore treatment and we get another team winning. Red Bull has had some issues firing up the tires to the right temps in time. This gives other teams some kind of hope. We’ll see.

SMH, what the he!! was he thinking!
The race for ya'll to see.

My final thoughts on Vegas is first, why not? This is going to be different and it's probably going to be fun.

We have only seen bits of pics and some sim video of the track, but ley's see how the real thing looks on TV. If it's as spectacular as Saudi, it will be righteous.

There's lots of gloom and doom about the temps and the track surface, but again, why not? These are the best driver in the world, so I'm sure they can deal with it. If not, at least we get to see them tear up a few million dollors worth of cars.

This event has all the earmarks of a Twighlight Zone race, and lord know we could use one of those after that last two years of Red Bull asswhippings. I want someone weird to win and maybe only two or three cars finishing with the rest bursting into flames.

So, I'm either going to enjoy a good race or a catastrophe. Either would be a welcome departure from another Red Bull asswhipping, but my guess is we'll get that too.

If it fails, it's somebody else's $500 million, so we may as well enjoy it.

With the F3 World Cup back at Macau this year and going lights out about as the Vegas GP is supposed to end, it could be some of the funniest three hours in open wheel racing all year this early Sunday morning.

GM and Andretti have done everything they’ve been asked of and then some - now committing to building their own PU from 2028 and beyond.

No more excuseapalooza from FOM and the teams.

Screenshot_20231115_200439_Facebook.jpg

Ticket prices plunging along with the temps.

>>...According to CNN, ticket prices have dropped 23 percent in just one week to below $1000. Just one month ago, the cheapest ticket was $1,645 meaning.

Tickets for practice and qualifying have also dropped dramatically and are down 70 percent from last month.

...Many of the F1 team principals and team members expressed surprise that it actually gets cold in the desert at night. Saturday’s temperatures are expected to be 38 degrees during the race, which would make it one of the coldest races in F1 history...<<

Article Link

If Mr. Stroll has sold his portion
of the team, whats next for Lance?
Indycar? IMSA?

Article Link

If Mr. Stroll has sold his portion
of the team, whats next for Lance?
Indycar? IMSA?
Lawrence Stroll is still majority shareholder: the value of the teams is high now because revenue from racing is greater than the cost cap. In other words: guaranteed money. When you have a money printing factory, people like to get a piece of that.

A look at the current points standings shows the first three sports are locked in. The last real battle looks like it is between Sainz and Alonso for fourth, currently tied at 200pts.

Mercedes and Ferrari are only four points apart for the constructor's so that will be the main point in interest at Adu Dabi. There are a few battles in the bottom five yet to be settled, so it's not over yet.

AMuS did some more digging on the 2026 regulations and generated a car rendering. Some newer findings are that the tires, halo, and ****pit are also all due to become a bit skinnier and the front aero is designed more of an inwash concept rather than the current outwash/downwash.

Couple items from the F1 board meeting this week at Abu Dhabi:

1) Considering a reverse grid idea for the Sprint races if they dont offer championship points.
(yes please)
2) F1 to abandon the tire warmer ban that was to go in effect 2025.
(thankyou)

1) Considering a reverse grid idea for the Sprint races if they dont offer championship points.
(yes please)
(thankyou)
I was looking forward to the tire blanket ban. I think it would allow for drivers to make more of a difference, IndyCar doesn't have tire warmers either.

I was looking forward to the tire blanket ban. I think it would allow for drivers to make more of a difference, IndyCar doesn't have tire warmers either.

I'd of been OK with it at some tracks/scenerios. I'm sure they'd still be trying to complete one lap under green if they couldn't use tire warmers at Vegas. I'm with you though, would've liked to see them run without tire warmers when conditions allow.

(yes please)
(thankyou)
I’ve argued from the outset the Sprints should have an invert. But I don’t think teams will ultimately go for it. I have a hard time seeing the big outfits go for something that could potentially take points off of them.

These tires have too narrow an operating window for me to care about the tire warmer ban being lifted at this point. Probably would’ve had a negative impact on strategy as well. Too much time wasted getting tires up to temp means strategies would probably converge upon whatever means the fewest stops possible.

2023 season across the Disney family of networks was down about 8% from 1.21M last year to 1.11M. A third of the schedule still managed to set viewership records despite the Verstappen dominance. Two years left on the current contract.

Anyone see an explanation on the penalties last weekend about the pit guys not wearing eye protection? Never heard of this penalty before and all of a sudden multiple teams were nailed for it. Odd.

Regarding moving near the McLaren factory:

“It wouldn’t have done anything,” he says. “No, it wouldn’t have done one thing. People are clueless.

I highly doubt any rookie driver has not moved within range of their team which means MA was probably the only driver to do so. To the team - that shows lack of commitment and there is no way around it. If you want the team on your side - to support you, you do what ever it takes.

Mario on the Italian GP:

"In Italy, he finished 3rd, a good 3rd. You know what I mean? You don’t discard somebody like that and tell him that, oh, he didn’t belong.”

It absolutely was not a good third.

Ayrton Senna - out with a collision
Michael Schumacher - out with engine issues
Alain Prost - out with engine issues
Gerhard Berger - out with suspenssion issues

Michael took a poduim based on unusual attrition from some heavy hitters.

Back
Top Bottom