F1: Belgian Grand Prix

Max is such a dickhead. The way he talks to his team is disgraceful. Do the Verstappens secretly have a majority stake in Red Bull or something? Jesus

Finally Checo has a good qualifying result.

Max pulling a gap to P2 that’s bigger than the P2–P8 spread is ridiculous. Probably won’t take any longer than three or four laps to go to take the lead after the grid drop.

Hamilton was right last week. They ship all these sets of wet tires all over the world when it’s obvious, with modern cars and safety considerations, that they’ll never race in anything more than intermediate conditions. You want to cut down on rubber, get rid of those.

Drivers are in their cars, but there is standing water in the run off outside of the entry to Eau Rouge. The drainage system is spurting up water, so it's going to take some time before the water dissipates. I can't imagine they would race with the runoff flooded. If they do run, I will probably be too afraid to watch. To run it like it is now would be insane.

Last year they completely rebuilt the place, with special attention paid to drainage at the bottom of the hill. It must have been a hell of a deluge to flood out the drainage system.

The spray is bad enough. Racing with standing water is unacceptable . It's not on the racing surface, but we've seen cars go off there before, and going over standing water is guaranteed to cause a nasty aquaplane....in the run off no less. If they can get this off I'll be surprised, and if they run it like it is now, I'll be shocked.

Don’t like that penalty on Lewis at all. Sucks it damaged Checo’s car but that’s just racing.

Alpine needed a good result, even a Mickey Mouse podium for Gasly in a Sprint must feel quite nice.

This was pretty good once they got going. Wish Alonso hadn’t wrecked and then Max would’ve had to pass Piastri properly rather than mug him on the restart.

Alpine may as well fire everyone because it's working!

Yeah, domination sucks, but we're seeing a level of greatness from Verstappen that rivals Senna's.

Alpine needed a good result, even a Mickey Mouse podium for Gasly in a Sprint must feel quite nice.
I'm sure Omar's value just went up.

This was pretty good once they got going. Wish Alonso hadn’t wrecked and then Max would’ve had to pass Piastri properly rather than mug him on the restart.
Uncharacteristic error by Alonso.

I don't think the safety car made much difference. That Red Bull is so fast on the straight that Oscar had no chance.

I think Piastri could have stood a chance if the Safety Car didn't come out.
The penalty for Lewis was stupid. Risky maneuver but that wasn't what ruined Perez' day.
The sidepod and floor damage pretty much made Checo’s car undrivable and ended his day. I don’t think it was punishable though. It’s just a tight corner made even trickier in slick conditions. It wasn’t anything egregious.

image0.jpeg

Sure it was silly, but the sprints are getting better. Verstappen won, certainly, but at least now he has to fight for it.

Sure it was silly, but the sprints are getting better. Verstappen won, certainly, but at least now he has to fight for it.
I’ve liked the last two Sprints at Spa and Austria but they were also wet. Baku was pure crap.

Overall I’d rather not have them.
With all the delays, my PVR ran out on lap 5. This could be part of my sadness 😁

The sidepod and floor damage pretty much made Checo’s car undrivable and ended his day. I don’t think it was punishable though. It’s just a tight corner made even trickier in slick conditions. It wasn’t anything egregious.

View attachment 71902
I didn't see Checo got damage, this makes the penalty more understandable .

I'm sure Omar's value just went up.

Uncharacteristic error by Alonso.

I don't think the safety car made much difference. That Red Bull is so fast on the straight that Oscar had no chance.
Spa historically has been one of Alonso's weakest tracks. He has now 6 or 7 DNFs there.

Talent exhibition right now. Can't put intermediates on with all the fast corners...but sketchy as all hell on slicks

Back
Top Bottom