F1 Jeddah Race thread

Reck

Team Owner
It's here.

What were they thinking with this track layout? I expect nothing but safety cars.

Sargeant sent it and crashed in practice:

That 22/23 complex looks extremely tough and easy to find the edge by carrying too much speed through there.

It's here.

What were they thinking with this track layout? I expect nothing but safety cars.

Bigger is better so they built for the longest track allowable (Spa was grandfathered in) and the fastest speeds. Expecting a number of safety cars for sure.

Red Bull have to be pleased with Max’s pace in FP1.

Red Bull have to be pleased with Max’s pace in FP1.

Max is there per the usual but Checo is completely and utterly lost.

15 Minutes to go in practice 2 and he's nearly a second off while Bottas is hanging with Max.

RIP Leclerc's car that granaded.

Hamilton called to the stewards for allegedly ignoring double yellow flags AND impeding a driver. Two separate problems.

Not sure how he gets out of this one. This might be championship over.

F1 built a track too quick for their own good. Qualifying was insane. And yep, a key player in this championship crashed while trying to go for pole.

This is the kind of racing I like in open wheel. Talent, front and center with a twist of low margin of error.
If Max has to start mid pack or further back because of repairs, he will be in the middle of the danger
zone when getting through T1 at the start. Going to be entertaining !!! Still would like to see Max the champion.

Close to ideal start for Mercedes. Not disastrous for Red Bull. I assume a Red Bull undercut will be coming, but how early?

The safety car eliminates the undercut possibility. Now Red Bull are really throwing a Hail Mary by staying out.

It's obviously the correct officiating call to halt the race for barrier repairs. If there is an issue, it's with the rule allowing tire changes under red. Crofty was sharp to point out that Hamilton previously benefited from the same scenario.

It's obviously the correct officiating call to halt the race for barrier repairs. If there is an issue, it's with the rule allowing tire changes under red. Crofty was sharp to point out that Hamilton previously benefited from the same scenario.
Yep. No work should be allowed on the cars during a red flag. The cars that pitted got screwed.

Proud of the field getting through T1 at the start.
I know the red flag appears slim shaddy but race
controll is being consistant with the other red
flag during the weekend in the same area as tv has pointed out.

I am still holding my breath on Max's gear box.
That was a pretty good wack it took yesterday.

Fun still to be had in this race. Standing re-start? Yes...here we go.
Just wow....red again. What a start for Lewis initially.

i'd rather have a rolling start on this next one.

Back
Top Bottom