F1: Round 3 China

The championship is certainly a lot more interesting now due to all of this zaniness.

Vettel has pulled some idiot moves too. But that dive bomb by Verstappen (while claiming that Vettel locked up?) was bad even by his standards.
The worst is he absolutely never admits fault and Horner is often right alongside him. The excuseapalooza PR babble about why he wrecked last weekend was some of the fruitiest stuff I've ever heard.

Just let Max by. He's going to be an idiot for sure.

Verstappen needs a good beatdown. Wish these guys were more ballsy like the NASCAR drivers.

I have a love / hate relationship with races decided by 'freak' strategy calls, but happy for Ricciardo.

That was fun. Too many different turns of fortune to remember. I'll probably actually watch that one again.

Verstappen needs a good beatdown. Wish these guys were more ballsy like the NASCAR drivers.

Nah, sport doesn't need that. Most of that is just posturing anyway.

Vettel didn't deserve his fate today at all. He didn't deserve his first win of the year either. But the sight of Carlos Sainz Jr. bearing down on Vettel in the race's final corner was a humorous one.

Is drinking from your worn out shoes healthy at all?

I wouldn't chance it. I throw up a little every time I see that.

I'll give Mercedes one more race. If they dont win the next race, they are finito.
I'll admit it is early, but they really seem to be lacking something this year. May be that it's the first full year where the team/car has no Rosberg influence. As controversial as he was, Rosberg could develop a car and push Hamilton much better than Bottas can.

Fortunately for them, in the WCC, they have an even weaker #2 at Ferrari in Kimi. And Ferrari are more than capable of throwing races away as the last decade+ has shown. As for the WDC, Vettel is tough but it seems like he's been more prone to making mistakes at Ferrari than he was at Red Bull. Hopefully the championship stays as interesting as it is.

As much as I appreciated what NBCSN was trying to do, this is excellent coverage now that ESPN has gotten the hell out of the way. It will probably be lacking something for the American viewer when they get to the U.S. and Canadian Grands Prix, but there is a reason this is the primary worldwide broadcast.

If this is what F1 broadcasting in America is for the foreseeable future is I'm more than happy with it. This is as good as it'll ever get.

I've about forgotten F1 TV at this point. It sounds like NBC Playmaker is going to help deliver it anyways so it's a rare win all around.

I'll have to watch the replay, I'm at work atm.

I watched Riccardo overtake Hamilton and Bottas. Bottas knew it was inevitable, better to put up a bit of a fight, but not too much and get that second place.

At the same time, I think Ferrari and Mercedes are heavily considering Riccardo now.

Che
Bottas drives so passive. I mean, no one was stopping Riciardo but at least fight?

I like him but he needs to drive harder sometimes.

He squeezed him to within an inch of the grass. Anything more than would have been dirty. The rule is you have to leave a car width.

I have to admit that was not a bad race.

That race went nuts after about lap 20. Verstappen and Vettel into it again. Yikes

That was an awesome race. It’s a shame Bristol will probably be rained out or this could be a heck of a race day

I'm watching the replay.

Kimi got got absolutely ****** over by Ferrari's strategy and not reacting soon enough. That was a horrendous call by the engineers.

I'm watching the replay.

Kimi got got absolutely ****** over by Ferrari's strategy and not reacting soon enough. That was a horrendous call by the engineers.

To be fair, both teams did it. Vettel stayed too long, allowing Bottas to undercut him perfectly.

With Kimi, I thik they were hoping for an Australian repeat but the safety car didn't come in time for them.

Che

He squeezed him to within an inch of the grass. Anything more than would have been dirty. The rule is you have to leave a car width.

I have to admit that was not a bad race.
I think he defended too late, actually under braking. Should've positioned himself sooner.

Not that it would've mattered though because Dan would've gotten around soon enough regardless.

Is there anyone that Verstappen hasn't screwed?

However, great to see Mercedes finally get beat straight up.
FLo2HrL.png

I think he defended too late, actually under braking. Should've positioned himself sooner.

Yeah, it was real close to unacceptable, but since he didn't get a penalty, it must be ok.

Honestly, I hate all the chopping, blocking and swerving, but the rules allow it, or at least it will until it causes a colossal accident.

I wouldn't feel too bad for Kyvat just yet. He's got a Ferrari development deal so we might see him back in F1 after all.

That was of the most entertaining races I have seen in a while. Those double pit stops
by Red Bull were just genius. For those of you that were around when M. Schumacher
came on the scene back in the 90's, he drove exactly like Max Verstappen is now. I was
a little mad with the young Schumi then to, but what we are seeing is a future champion
being born. Just my opinion. Could not be any happier for Ricciardo. He is such a breath
of fresh air for the sport.

I have to give credit where it's due. Watching the whole race without commercials is a dream come true. Thanks ESPN, for getting out of the way.

I was shocked that the ESPN stayed with the entire race (even through the post race show) without commercials. I had it DVR'd and had to scan through the entire race a second time to make sure that I had really seen it without commercials!

That was of the most entertaining races I have seen in a while. Those double pit stops
by Red Bull were just genius. For those of you that were around when M. Schumacher
came on the scene back in the 90's, he drove exactly like Max Verstappen is now. I was
a little mad with the young Schumi then to, but what we are seeing is a future champion
being born. Just my opinion. Could not be any happier for Ricciardo. He is such a breath
of fresh air for the sport.

I agree 100 %. Best F1 race I have seen in a long, long time. I was extremely impressed at how Red Bull put their engine together the previous day when it looked as if they wouldn’t make it to qualifying and went from there to winning the race on Sunday. The double stack pit stops were impressive also and Ricciardo’s passing was incredible.

It’s also great to finally see races where it isn't just Lewis Hamilton starting on pole and just leading the rest of the field around the track for the rest of the race.

One more bonus was that it was all done by ESPN without commercials!

ESPN Is being forced to go commercial free because the UK feed is non stop so cutting to commercials is not as easy when they control the cameras and have their own broadcasters get their cues for the commercials.

The first race was a joke. They were hitting hard breaks constantly and cutting off awkwardly from the feed.

I was pretty disgusted with F1 and ready to turn it off, but this race has got me a little more excited again.

I'm really looking forward to the race on the magnificent Baku circuit. I hate street racing but this track is defiantly one of the finest ones ever. Both races they have had there have been crazy. The GP2 race is always a carnage.

That place would really be fun in the rain. All those high speed sweepers would be treacherous and challenging.

The worst is he absolutely never admits fault and Horner is often right alongside him. The excuseapalooza PR babble about why he wrecked last weekend was some of the fruitiest stuff I've ever heard.

Too much money involved in Formula 1 for everyone to be honest. Look at the drivers and team managers as no different than politicians really.

Back
Top Bottom