F1: Round 4 Baku

Best Driver: Vettel for sure IMO, took pole and had the field absolutely covered. Ferrari shouldn't have pitted him IMO; everyone was struggling on cold tires and he would've had at least some degree of heat in his, and he also would've had restart control instead of letting Bottas control the field and force Vettel's divebomb into the first turn.

Worst Driver: Ericsson. Demolished by Leclerc in both qualifying and race, and also just drove straight into the side of Magnussen in the second corner of the race. Bizarre.

Best Team: Ferrari. Kimi should've had pole without his final-corner slide and given Ferrari a front row lockout. Vettel should've won. 2nd and 4th anyways. They're better than Mercedes right now.

Best Overtake: Renault double overtake of Red Bull - Sainz on Verstappen and Hulkenburg on Ricciardo.

Best Moment: 

DRS + Tyres: Tires seem like a handful to get a hold on at the moment. Verstappen was able to overcut Ricciardo after being overtaken. Hamilton never really seemed like he was able to get his tires working. Mercedes were trying to keep Bottas out there as long as possible because new tires just didn't work, especially as fuel load got lower and the car got lighter. DRS...the straight at Baku is so long anyways I'm not sure we need that one, or at least it may not need to be as long.

And the race in a sentence: Baku thrills yet again.

I rated it: 9

Maybe Danny has that Ferrari contract in his pocket, and with nothing to lose, simply rams the crap out of Verstappen, simply out of exasperation. I'll bet he feels better now and everyone in the paddock got a good laugh out it, well, except maybe Jos.

Just watched this race last night, wow. What a finish. I’m so ready for a Hamilton/Mercedes vs Vettel/Ferrari Title Fight. Can’t believe the two Red Bull’s wrecked each other, watching Horner walk up the steps ignoring the interview request humored me. Onto Spain, hoping to catch up with the season before Monaco

Back
Top Bottom