F1 Silly Season news, rumors, and other clag

Reports in Germany claim Nico Hulkenberg has signed a deal to return to Force India

"Hulkenberg has been vying with Pastor Maldonado to replace the Ferrari-bound Kimi Raikkonen at Lotus, but has seemingly lost patience with the Enstone outfit's dallying."

And from the same article at Sky1 Sports:

Who's where in 2014?
Red Bull: Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo.
Ferrari: Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen.
Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.
Lotus: To be confirmed.
McLaren: Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen.
Sauber: To be confirmed.
Force India: To be confirmed.
Williams: Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas.
Toro Rosso: Jean-Eric Vergne and Daniil Kvyat.
Marussia: Jules Bianchi with second driver not yet confirmed.
Caterham: To be confirmed.

Only 13 seats are confirmed? And here I was thinking Sergio Perez is an odd man out.

Just read that Lotus has picked up Pa$tor Maldonado over Hulkenburg..

Hulkenburg to Force India with Perez possibly? That is a hell of a driver line-up.

IKE7aIZ.jpg

Team Principal Ross Brawn is to leave Mercedes, the team have confirmed.

Easily as big as any driver scuttlebutt. Brawn's rise equals that of Adrian Newey, as Ross started out designing racecars with an eye for detail and keen to optimize aero minutia. The best to me is his leading the resurgence of the scraps that Honda left, into a two-time world championship winning team.

"Brawn, who masterminded Ferrari's long run of success in the 2000s and guided his eponymous team to a double title triumph in 2009 following Honda's sudden exit from the sport, has been linked with McLaren, Williams and, most sensationally of all, a return to the Scuderia after being spotted in talks with Stefano Domenicali at the season-ending Brazilian GP."

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/1...rawn-to-leave-mercedes-at-the-end-of-the-year

IKE7aIZ.jpg

Team Principal Ross Brawn is to leave Mercedes, the team have confirmed.

Easily as big as any driver scuttlebutt. Brawn's rise equals that of Adrian Newey, as Ross started out designing racecars with an eye for detail and keen to optimize aero minutia. The best to me is his leading the resurgence of the scraps that Honda left, into a two-time world championship winning team.

"Brawn, who masterminded Ferrari's long run of success in the 2000s and guided his eponymous team to a double title triumph in 2009 following Honda's sudden exit from the sport, has been linked with McLaren, Williams and, most sensationally of all, a return to the Scuderia after being spotted in talks with Stefano Domenicali at the season-ending Brazilian GP."

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/1...rawn-to-leave-mercedes-at-the-end-of-the-year
Brawn to McLaren Honda 2015. :)

Kind of wanted to see him in IndyCar (I know, that old gag) but glad he got another gig in F1.
My initial reaction was "Hell no!", but a Mexican or South American driver would be good for Indycar going forward. The series needs more pure racing fans, not just brand lovers or casual viewers, to start building things back up. It will never be the way it was even twenty years ago, but everything is changing, and it's for the best it try to keep up.

Personally, I'd much rather see Daly or Kyle Larson step into one of A.J.'s or KV's rides, but they're both seeking success elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom