Fall/Winter Weather Thread (2014-2015)

That's just crazy! I can't imagine people still go on about their daily lives in those temps. :eek:
That is a rarity here. Like today, when the temps hit below zero highs or single digits schools and some other functions are cancelled. As cold as it was on the thermometer we had little wind so it didn't feel that bad. Tell that to our vehicles though. While my Jeep fired right up, everything was stiff with the fluid levels temps being so low. My GM 2500HD Diesel fired up and sounded like a champ. The transmission however said no, your not going anywhere. Finally got it maneuvered into the garage and have some heat on it. It'll be fine once it get some heat in her. A day in the life of a single digit world. :mad:

Last edited:
With the license plates around here in the winter I often feel as if I'm living somewhere above 40 degree's Latitude.

Is that anywhere near here?
Funny-town-names_24-500x333.jpg

My mom just left here back for Vancouver 3 days ago.
We had to throw a towel down for her as it was too hot on this west coast beach ......which happens to be 8 miles from an east coast beach. Lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424478084.910182.jpg

It's actually 29 here today...stuff is melting. We were s'posed to get 1-3" but got 6"...just came in from cleaning the driveway. Sun is shining it's not too bad outside. Better than -11 with wind.

How much snow did you get, or... how much do you have on the ground??

Winter just refuses to end. It's 1 day of decent weather and then 10 days of f*** this s*** weather. Global warming my ass.
Our normal highs are 40 and normal lows are 20 this time of the year. So, basically we are 40 or so degrees below normal this morning.

Our normal highs are 40 and normal lows are 20 this time of the year. So, basically we are 40 or so degrees below normal this morning.
Practically the same story here. I suppose the good news is we haven't had much snow this year. We get a half inch here and there, but nothing major like 6+ inches every 3 days like last year.

Practically the same story here. I suppose the good news is we haven't had much snow this year. We get a half inch here and there, but nothing major like 6+ inches every 3 days like last year.
We've still got more than a foot on the ground. Haven't seen the yard in about 6 weeks. The deer are eating all of my shrubs and border trees. We need this snow to melt and soon.

We were supposed to get wintry mix dusting and ended up with nearly a foot (and it's still snowing)

I'm sooo sick of this!

Right now our average temperature for February is 18.5°f and we're lacking [HA, lacking...] just 2 more inches of snow to break the snowfall record of 52 inches IIRC,
Even for New England and being used to winter this past month has been extremely brutal.

My brother lives just north of Boston, they've received, officially, 104 inches of snow.

Out my back door this morning. Everything is closed today. But I'm working from home this week, so no snowday for me. This is the most snow I have seen for a long long time, and the longest I've seen snow stick around for even longer.
Backyard_n.jpg

Right now our average temperature for February is 18.5°f and we're lacking [HA, lacking...] just 2 more inches of snow to break the snowfall record of 52 inches IIRC,
Even for New England and being used to winter this past month has been extremely brutal.

My brother lives just north of Boston, they've received, officially, 104 inches of snow.

That's because the Americans reneged on our Free Trade deal and now they are taking all our snow to make water. LOL

Back
Top Bottom