Fall/Winter Weather Thread (2014-2015)

Tom Sorrells @tomsorrells
Snow cover map has snow on ground in 49 states...but not Florida. Carry on.

B-uFHWjWoAEhdak.png:large

Went from 52 yesterday to 18 when the northerner blew in. Not supposed to be above freezing all weekend. I hope it is the last blast, I am getting tired of cutting wood and cold weather..Time for spring, saw some geese heading north, good sign. Better than that bucked tooth rodent.:)

Went from 52 yesterday to 18 when the northerner blew in. Not supposed to be above freezing all weekend. I hope it is the last blast, I am getting tired of cutting wood and cold weather..Time for spring, saw some geese heading north, good sign. Better than that bucked tooth rodent.:)

The geese here don't leave.

They stay all year around.

We were having a very mild winter with temperatures well above normal, very light snowfall and with the end of January in sight somebody PO'd Mother Nature.18.5°f average temperature, 50 some inches of snow IIRC in the shortest month of the year.
Forget 70°f people will lose their minds when it hits 50°f+

Bobw, same here. Nice mild winter then BAM! We got WINTER !
Had misty rain most of the afternoon, which turned into a skim of ice on my porch and steps. Took Big Dog out for his late night potty break
and did the cartoon slide on my butt down the steps. My own fault -- I had spread gravel on one side of the steps to use, and tried to walk
down the other side -- just didn't think. Even the dog was slipping.
Sore spots and bruises this morning, but we made it down for the walk this morning. This morning, even the grassy areas are icy.

Average here this time of year is low's 50s highs 65+. This month is lows 20s 30s highs 40s. Sucks

Calling for 12-18 more inches of snow this week. Had about 8 inches yesterday. All heavy, wet snow. Spent about 3 hours, with a tractor hauling all of the snow out of my and my dad's driveways this morning. All clear now just in time for the next wave of snow to arrive.

Here's some pics from after I finished both driveways this morning. Believe me, those pics do not do the depth of that snow justice. I am running out of places to dump the snow. All of those piles of snow are 5-8 foot high. The snow on the ground has been more than a foot for at least a month now.

Leaving for Martinsville soon. That stuff better be outta here by then.

20150302_105759.jpg 20150302_105941.jpg 20150302_105944.jpg 20150302_105954.jpg 20150302_110010.jpg

Calling for 12-18 more inches of snow this week. Had about 8 inches yesterday. All heavy, wet snow. Spent about 3 hours, with a tractor hauling all of the snow out of my and my dad's driveways this morning. All clear now just in time for the next wave of snow to arrive.

Here's some pics from after I finished both driveways this morning. Believe me, those pics do not do the depth of that snow justice. I am running out of places to dump the snow. All of those piles of snow are 5-8 foot high. The snow on the ground has been more than a foot for at least a month now.

Leaving for Martinsville soon. That stuff better be outta here by then.

View attachment 18377 View attachment 18378 View attachment 18379 View attachment 18380 View attachment 18381
I live in Florida so don't look at me side-way's when I ask this question. How do you safely get that much snow off of the top of the RV without damaging the roof?

I live in Florida so don't look at me side-way's when I ask this question. How do you safely get that much snow off of the top of the RV without damaging the roof?
The sun, warm temps and a little bit of rain should do the trick. If that doesn't work, a twelve foot stepladder and a garden hose will suffice. If all of that fails, a trip down the highway @ 55-65 mph will work..... Just don't ride behind me. :D

The sun, warm temps and a little bit of rain should do the trick. If that doesn't work, a twelve foot stepladder and a garden hose will suffice. If all of that fails, a trip down the highway @ 55-65 mph will work..... Just don't ride behind me. :D
Then I was right a few day's ago when I was being a smartass and said hook'er up and hit the interstate. :D :cheers:

Then I was right a few day's ago when I was being a smartass and said hook'er up and hit the interstate. :D :cheers:
Yeah, but that's only as a last resort. Our forecast went from 12-18 inches more snow to 13-21 inches over this week. There are already several different layers of ice and snow on top of that thing that hooking up and heading out may be the only way to get that roof clear.

Yeah, but that's only as a last resort. Our forecast went from 12-18 inches more snow to 13-21 inches over this week. There are already several different layers of ice and snow on top of that thing that hooking up and heading out may be the only way to get that roof clear.
Good luck man. I sure as hell don't envy you getting that thing ready for the Martinsville trip.

Good luck man. I sure as hell don't envy you getting that thing ready for the Martinsville trip.
We will wait a couple more weekends to turn the heat on and run water through the pipes. Fingers crossed that I did a good job winterizing after our return home from Martinsville last fall.

About the same here, Johali. Close to 70, then low to mid 20s tonight and tomorrow night.
Possiblity of rain/ice/snow --- I have plenty of sand to use on the steps. No more sliding for me, or the dog.
That's a good thing. Still black and blue huh?

That's almost the same forecast for us but a day later.

We will wait a couple more weekends to turn the heat on and run water through the pipes. Fingers crossed that I did a good job winterizing after our return home from Martinsville last fall.
You do use antifreeze don't you? or are you one that just blows them out?

You do use antifreeze don't you? or are you one that just blows them out?
Even down here I completely empty my lines and tanks. I also leave an electric heater on inside set at 50 degree's. And in the summer the air conditioner set at 80 degrees. The power bill goes up a bit but It's worth It to keep the humidity down in it. Mold is the beast's worst enemy.

Even down here I completely empty my lines and tanks. I also leave an electric heater on inside set at 50 degree's. And in the summer the air conditioner set at 80 degrees. The power bill goes up a bit but It's worth It to keep the humidity down in it. Mold is the beast's worst enemy.
You keep the air on all summer??? Holy smackers

We keep this one out in the country
398.gif

And this one we drag around

27RB.jpg

You keep the air on all summer??? Holy smackers
Most of the day's in the summer are 99 degree's and above with 99% humidity and a lot of winter day's have terrible humidity. The beast is 2 1/2 years old and would only be in top condition for 2 or 3 more years without the heat and air. My last one was 12 years old and in tip top shape when I sold it. The first person that looked at it bought it on the spot at my price.
This is the beast. :D

phoca_thumb_l_tr_sle_29.png

It's been about 5 months since I've felt 50 degree weather. Ugh...

Back
Top Bottom