Fictional Racetracks

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
We had a thread with tracks we designed...but I can't find it or remember what it was called...if someone can we can merge them.

But anyway,

I give you my unnecessarily long 5.17 mile 28 turn Philadelphia Street Circuit home of the Philadelphia Freedom 476
20210611_010813.jpg

We had a thread with tracks we designed...but I can't find it or remember what it was called...if someone can we can merge them.

But anyway,

I give you my unnecessarily long 5.17 mile 28 turn Philadelphia Street Circuit home of the Philadelphia Freedom 476
View attachment 55879
The "U-turn" in front of the Museum Steps would be very fun to watch. In a fantasy world that this course would happen you could find me watching from the museum steps in my Jason Kelce-esk mummers costume :biggrin:.

If somebody could find the thread OP is referencing that would be cool, im very interested to check it out.

This has always been my idea. A 1.25-1.75 mile track with a long/sweeping 1 and 2 a la California or Michigan. 3 and 4 are high-banked like Winchester or Bristol. The backstretch is a flat, very tight inverted dog-leg that requires drives to get off the throttle.

Attachments

• drawisland.png
    drawisland.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 117
If I win the lottery my dream has always been to build a racetrack. My vision is a 2.25 mile concrete paperclip as wide as Auto Club. 8 degree progressive banking in turns 1 & 2 and 35 degree banking in turns 3 & 4 with the straights having 0 degrees of banking. Turn 1 would be 50 feet lower than the beginning of the front stretch out of turn 4 (very heavy high-speed braking zone with tons of room to pass). Pit road entrance would start in the middle of 3 & 4 and the end of pit stall #1 would align with the start/finish line.

Back
Top Bottom