Fidipaldi to race next week in 44

P

pettyfan4life

I think thats how you spell it but I heard it on espn

That will be interesting. Since the ride is open, and since they are thinking of fielding him part-time next year, why not give him some seat time?

Thats interesting are you sure its next week? I don't think it is true he might be TESTING at Phoniex. Or he could be racing his BGN car!

Kyle Petty said on trackside on friday that PE will be 2 full time winston cup teams in 2003 and the 44 WILL be C.F.'s ABC car but will still be run the same as the cup team just basicly runnign ARCA , 12-20 BGN races and up to 7 cup races, and possibly full time cup in 2004.

So the 44 is not looking for a driver in 2003 they already have one, and the team is venturing off for a year. The only thing that PE has to deal with now is still signing a sponcer for the 44 car which it sounds like it is about done but with who i have no idea.
Hotwheeks possibly since PE is closing the truck team.

* Phoenix Testing and Fittapaldi to run #44 next week: Out West #24-Jeff Gordon Was Practicing at Phoenix along with #10-Johnny Benson, #49-Derrike Cope, and CART driver Christian Fittapaldi, Who is going to attempt to qualify the Petty Enterprises #44 Georgia Pacific Dodge there next week.(PRN's Garagepass Radio Show)(10-29-2002)

HUM????
Thats cool!!
Not what i would have thoguth but thats cool

I will leave my other post up there alone to show people that my way of thinking is wrong sometimes...:D

Hotwheels had wanted to continue sponsoring Kyle Petty, but became an associate when Kyle wanted to move over to his son's car. They are probably a very likely sponsor for that team.

I think they sait it would be hotwheels, ben and jerrys ice cream orharley davidson

That was for the 45 car when Sprint announced they were leaving the 45. I can see Hotwheel of mexico sponcering CF like they did Carlos, Not sure about Ben&Jerry. Harley I seriously doubt

weve seen them announce the deal with Georgia Pacific and all that......and say that this guy will be driving the 44......but as anyone heard anything about the sponser on the 44 next year....is it going to continue to be GP and be on 2 PE cars.....or does it not have a sponser at all?

That would be great to see Christian at Phoenix, Its good to see people from around the world making their way into Nascar:)

NO GP is on Kyles car only, They will be assoicate sponcer on the other 2 cars but not primary.
I have read that the 44 car does have a sponcer lined up and everything is being put together now and should be announced in a month or two.

Kyle made it sound like Jerry Nadeau is his full time driver for the #44 in Cup on the "trackside" show that I saw Friday night, and I also heard there is an announcement coming before seasons end with regard to next years sponsor for that team. Christian is a good choice for a fill in driver for Phoenix this year because PE would not be in a position to be "interviewing/recruiting" for that ride since they appear to have it all worked out already.

I hope he does well, he has not had much chance to get any seat time to speak of in a Stock car.

Kel

I'm sort of suprised to see a name like Fitippaldi jump ships to join NASCAR, but it just goes to show how much respect this series has by a wide variety of racers.

Watch out Nascar, Michael Schmacher could be coming over next!

He would want a teammate, though...

PIR.....flat and with it's third turn is a great place for Fitipaldi to give it a go. The 44 sits 39th in owner points so unless they burn their last prov at The Rock. and expecting a low team turn-out for Pheonix, Christian is in there.

And even if they do go there with no provs, Christian might just pull out a hot lap to make the race anyways.

Will be interesting to see Fitipaldi in the #44 at Phoenix. I hope he does well, and a deal can get worked for him to at least race part-time if not full-time next year.

I can imagine that not too many people are hoping the best for him. Just another outsider or hired gun. As a general rule (imo of course) nascar fans don't like the out of towners. Especially those that are a threat to the idea that Cup drivers are the best in the world.

How far back did the Earnhardt's finish when they tried the Rolex 24?

They finished third overall I think and that was with a fraction of the test time that most of the other teams had. So your right maybe I am not giving Christian enough of a chance considering the lack of seat time. If the Earnhardt's could jump into an unfamiliar ride, with competition that they were very unfamiliar with and finish that well, well go for it Christian!!!

I like him, I liked him in Open Wheel and I suspect that I will like him in Stocks.

Kel

Originally posted by DEIfan
weve seen them announce the deal with Georgia Pacific and all that......and say that this guy will be driving the 44......but as anyone heard anything about the sponser on the 44 next year....is it going to continue to be GP and be on 2 PE cars.....or does it not have a sponser at all?

It was confermed that there will not be a 44 next year IF John andretti leaves, if he leaves the driver that weould be in the 44 will be in the 43 since Cheerios still has one more year on their contract

wow kel, I thought they finished a lot farther back than that. Third overall or third in class? Third in class seems a bit more reasonable. A Corvette right? Like GT-1? Third overall woulda gone to a Can-Am it seems to me, and I thought for sure they drove a coupe.

Originally posted by pettyfan4life
It was confermed that there will not be a 44 next year IF John andretti leaves, if he leaves the driver that weould be in the 44 will be in the 43 since Cheerios still has one more year on their contract

Where did you see that! I thought Kyle made it clear that the 44 is Christians ride next year. And there is not going to be 3 full time cup rides. Kyle sounded like the 44 will run 7 races with Christian and most of the ARCA seris, and 12- 20 BGN races. At least thats how it sounded on Trackside when KP talked.
This is how PE will look in 2003
43- John Andretti/Genral Mills/Cup
44- Christain F./???Hotwheel???/ABC
45- Kyle Petty/ GP/Cup

I seriously dount KP would move CF up to cup that soon if john left, Which I don't think he is(wish he would ).
Jerry is in the 36/01 next year. And all the other rides are now taking up so If John leaves he will only have one place to go and that is another series.

To hell with eight Winston Cup championships. Dale Earnhardt might want to conquer the 24 Hours of Le Mans next. NASCAR put a resounding stamp on the 39th Rolex 24 At Daytona Sunday at Daytona International Speedway as Ron Fellows, a driver with fervent NASCAR aspirations won overall honors and Earnhardt and son Dale Earnhardt Jr. finished fourth overall and second in the GTS class in the Grand American Road Racing Association season opener.

http://www.daleearnhardt.net/reports/2001/02_03.htm

Hey Kel, as long as we believe it to be true when we say it, it's an honest mistake. No problem. I had em finishing waaaaaaaay back. I musta been thinking time wise cause as I recall JR. put the car off track more than once.

So if Andretti ends up leaving, Fittapaldi could end up driving that car. Now that would be interesting.

I think the biggest sticking point for Andretti, other than the poor results that team has had this year, is that Kyle Petty wouldn't let him race in the Indy 500 this year. Andretti had to turn down a number of good offers this year, and that's probably not going to change this year.

Originally posted by 71Fan
As a general rule (imo of course) nascar fans don't like the out of towners. Especially those that are a threat to the idea that Cup drivers are the best in the world.

Someone out there actually believe's this?

Fittapaldi
Fitipaldi
Fidipaldi

Not one of you can spell one of the most famous names in motor racing correctly?

Its Christian Fittipaldi! I bet if he was a distant cousin to the late great Dale Earnhardt, you'd get it right... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am a horrible speller that why whn i talk about him I most just type CF

Took me years to learn how to spell Ern....Earn....Earnd.....

er Dale.:eek:

Originally posted by WindyCityRacer
Someone out there actually believe's this?

Not a chance, if a driver can beat cup drivers, then I want to see him race more.

Cf will run full tiem busch and only 6 or so nascar races

Originally posted by Ciggie
Not a chance, if a driver can beat cup drivers, then I want to see him race more.

This reads like Yoda speak. Can you clarify your position Ciggie?

Nascar fans can barely handle it if a driver is from a state above North Carolina. Never mind if a driver is from a different country, they basically stop all bodily functions and crap themselves out of pure fear.

Back
Top Bottom