field fillers

"If a driver has the faster car, and the better skill, there should not be a major problem passing a car that is 20 mph slower. when I hear drivers complain that another car won't move over I have to wonder just how much skill they actually have."

Man...you have took the words right out of my mouth, FT! :cheers:
I have tried to make that point time after time after time. Some people argue the tired old line: 'sometimes the only way around a guy is to bump him.' To which I reply: PURE BS! Any driver with half-skill should be able to pass without that crap.

The only reason I can see for "punting" another car is if they are doing some serious blocking. Then they may deserve to get that "chrome horn".

Originally posted by Flametamer@Mar 22 2004, 04:06 PM
The only reason I can see for "punting" another car is if they are doing some serious blocking. Then they may deserve to get that "chrome horn".
And again Flame took the words right out of someone's mouth!!! Mine!! :cheers: :cheers:

Words right out of your mouth, hmm, that explains all these extra teeth. :lol:

Man...you have took the words right out of my mouth, FT! 
I have tried to make that point time after time after time. Some people argue the tired old line: 'sometimes the only way around a guy is to bump him.' To which I reply: PURE BS! Any driver with half-skill should be able to pass without that crap.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you're a Kurt Busch fan!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry 97 just really hit a funnybone there. :D

Actually, the thing I dislike about Kurt the most is his Earnhardt like way of using his bumper. I much prefer a driver use skill rather than those tactics----and that includes those I like as well as those I don't care for.
Honestly, I don't play favorites where that is concerned. :cheers:

Who has Kurt hit this year?

Who did Tony miss last week?

Well Tony missed a couple.............Johnny took care of them though!! :D

Originally posted by Flametamer@Mar 23 2004, 01:57 AM
Words right out of your mouth, hmm, that explains all these extra teeth. :lol:
HAHAHA I liked that one. :cheers:

U Guys are toooooooooooo funny :lol: Truth is stranger than fiction at times though ;) :D

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Mar 22 2004, 04:09 PM
Anyone else notice that the two drivers who were the most vocal about it would never have an idea what it's like to be in Hillenberg's shoes? Whiny little punks.
Maybe if Hillenberg had been constantly competitive in ARCA or the Busch Series, he might also have top equipment on the NEXTEL NASCAR Series. After 14 races in the NNS, Hillenburg has an average finish of 36th. Not something a team owner might be willing to sacrifice a top notch car on. Unless the driver brought a multi-million dollar sponsor with him. But don't look for any investor or team owner to put him behind the wheel of a first class ride. According to his record in the Busch Series and NNS, he hasn't earned it no matter how much he pays in "dues".

Both Stewart and Gordon had to work thier way up through the ranks. I've followed Gordon since he was twelve and Stewart several years before entering NASCAR and driving in the open wheel ranks. In both cases, the good equipment rides came after they proved they were worthy of them.
Neither of them stepped from the cradle into racing with a primo ride. They might have had mediocre equipment but they certainly paid thier dues until proving themelves in less than first class rides.

They paid thier dues by traveling two or three days straight to try to make races on the opposite coast, by sleeping in a pickup for a couple of hours after driving all night. They ate thier share of race track hot dogs and greasy fries.

Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon have paid thier dues.

For those who do not agree, please, please, tell us in your words, what you feel constitutes "paying your dues" and explain where Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart fell short.

So all of that gives them the right to shoot off their mouths about other drivers who are still struggling? As soon as we make the big time and get these nice rides, we're gonna forget the racetrack hot dogs and greasy fries some guys are still stuck with?

If they had all that talent, they oughta be able to miss a slower car. I don't hear them carrying on so when they get in a wreck and roll some piece of duct-taped junk out on the track just hoping to gain three more points. What I hear then is how they have every right to be out there in the way as a rolling safety hazard. But it's different for them in some way, I suppose.

Brats.

“I wiggled a little trying to give the ‘20 car’ (Stewart) some room,” said Hillenburg, who had started the race at the very end of the 43-car field. “I got over into him when he had a head of steam. It wasn’t his fault.

“We need to get our car faster so that it’s not one of the slower cars.”

So in Andy's words (and watching replays you see it clearly) he wiggled and got into Tony while Tony was passing him with a full head of steam. So WTF is the leader of the race supposed to do? Stop in the middle of the track while a car atleast 20 mph slower decides where he can handle his piece of junk?

Kasey said he pinched Tony to the wall for the first hit, then yes Tony did teach him a lesson.

I don't know about the pit road thing with Biffle, I didn't see it. Maybe Tony had a legitimate reason for being pissed, maybe not. But you don't know that either.

Sounds to me like it doesn't matter "who" or what the incident really is if there's away to bash Tony some here are going for it with both feet just for the sake of bashing. I usually try not to get into these types of things. I try to just post an intelligent statment towards any of the drivers cause they're all someones favorite. To bad some others didn't just post their feelings and let it go. To come back time after time just for the sake of bashing is nothing more than trying to instagate an argument shows the lack of intelligent facts to base their opinions.

Soapbox.gif
:dual9mm:

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Mar 24 2004, 05:28 PM
So all of that gives them the right to shoot off their mouths about other drivers who are still struggling?  As soon as we make the big time and get these nice rides, we're gonna forget the racetrack hot dogs and greasy fries some guys are still stuck with?

If they had all that talent, they oughta be able to miss a slower car.  I don't hear them carrying on so when they get in a wreck and roll some piece of duct-taped junk out on the track just hoping to gain three more points.  What I hear then is how they have every right to be out there in the way as a rolling safety hazard.  But it's different for them in some way, I suppose.

Brats.
I think you missed the point in my post.
However, I'll respond to the followup. The "field fillers" do have the right to be on the track until NASCAR changes the rules.
For now, there is no minimum speed for qualifying. The rules at present are, pass inspection, qualify, if you can't qualify, take a provisional. I can see no other way to rectify the situation without a change in the rules.
Any change must consider the prospect a fully funded team trying to compete every week might go home. My thought is if NASCAR were to change the rules to be fair, a minimum qualifying speed must be attained during qualifying and on the track. Provisionals done away with or new rules established the manner in which provisionals are awarded, in an effort to keep it fair and non-discriminatory.

Until changes are made, every driver has a right to participate.

Being born with a silver spoon nor coming from the wrong side of the tracks is a prerequisite for a driver and thier right to air complaints. The difference is determined by the listener who makes the choice in thier own mind and deciding. After all, what is whining to one might be music to another.

For those who do not agree, please, please, tell us in your words, what you feel constitutes "paying your dues" and explain where Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart fell short.

Careful now. Some people might throw Lil'E into that equation of paying their dues... :p

QUOTE [ So all of that gives them the right to shoot off their mouths about other drivers who are still struggling? As soon as we make the big time and get these nice rides, we're gonna forget the racetrack hot dogs and greasy fries some guys are still stuck with?}QUOTE

Interesting question but I don't think either Tony or Jeff could be accused of forgetting where they came from. Tony and Jeff have each brought drivers from the lower ranks into the series. Maybe they do remember the days of race track hot dogs and greasy french fries after all. Ya think maybe???

And speaking of race track hot dogs. The absolute best I ever had were the hot dogs sold in the pits at the old Nazareth Speedway. I'm not sure if it was because I was hungry when I ate them or if they were really that good, but the absolute best hot dogs under normal race conditions, Martinsville and those Jesse Jones hot dogs with chili !!!!! UMMMMMMMM, UMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!! Really good washed down with a cold bottle of Coors Light.

Back
Top Bottom