follow Kyle Larson

Larson was testing a dirt late model at I-55 speedway.

y.
BTsSr66.jpg
ilUbSk2.jpg

I think it was at Cherokee speedway in SC.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200817-214001_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200817-214001_Facebook.jpg
    696.4 KB · Views: 182
Ok yeah it might have been. Somebody on 4m said I-55 so I just figured that was where they were.

yes in the 19 car on sunday.finish 12th the only other time he raced there.watching sprint car on a mile dirt track is really cool.i got to meet tony stewart on a plane,when he was on his way there years ago.i went to the race and the us nations the same weekend. does anyone if this will be televised or on the web??

crazy he,s races the woo races tonite and sat,then the hooter 100 on sat.got passed late,repassed coming off the last corner,got number 25 win and that just in sprint cars,good luck to for the rest of th weekend,

at the woo race they asked sweet what he was going to get larson for christmas. he said he hoped it will be a trip back to nascar.

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series

6m
·

#LucasDirt - Rumble by the River Round 3 (Results): 1-Larson.K 2-Sheppard.B 3-Satterlee.G 4-Ferguson.C 5-McCreadie.T 6-Pearson.E 7-Owens.J 8-Strickler.K 9-Zeigler.M 10-Eckert.R 11-Richards.J 12-English.T 13-Scott.S 14-O'Neal.H 15-Clanton.S 16-Bronson.K 17-Erb.T 18-Bruening.T 19-Ivey.T 20-Moran.D 21-Moyer.B 22-Covert.J 23-Pierce.B 24-Davenport.J 25-Flinner.C

That will shut the arrogant portion of late model fans up quickly. I like late model racing and think they put on great races. It's its own specialty with a lot of quirks and experience usually reigns supreme. However, nothing in dirt racing compares to a 410 sprint car. Few things in racing do period. Everything else has training wheels by comparison, in terms of the amount of power vs. grip that you're dealing with. Most full bodied car drivers won't even think about getting in a sprint car. The ones that will would need to run several races in a 305 or similar first.

Tony Stewart ran some late model races in the '90s and won at least a couple. I believe it took him considerably longer than Larson. What Larson just did this weekend is ludicrous, and nobody else could do it.

Whether Larson is the best oval racer alive is questionable. Whether he is the most talented and instinctive is not.

Husets Speedway next on tap Saturday and Sunday. Taking the 5th wheel there Friday morning!

He's the guest on the first episode in several months of Open Red, the World of Outlaws podcast. Good interview recapping his exploits this summer and the recent late model experience.

is there away to see were he is racing?he closed all of his sites.the klr web site looks like its only showing where carson macedo is racing.

I believe he'll be Huset's Speedway in SD with the Outlaws tomorrow and Sunday for $20,000 to win. I don't think he has a schedule posted publicly.

The Husets/Larson curse continues. Husets 3 Larson 0. Not a good night of racing at my favorite track. But this is a beautiful sight to wake up to from our camper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 181
he did a great job saving his tires,but that did not work out.i liked he guys that tried to blow there tires early so they could get a new one,

he did a great job saving his tires,but that did not work out.i liked he guys that tried to blow there tires early so they could get a new one,

I was rooting for Haudenschild to win, but the way it played out was kinda depressing. **** happens, but it sucks that Larson's amazing streak of top five finishes and podiums ended that way. He was the only one near the front who even came close to saving his tires for the duration. Apparently the winds really picked up and affected the track badly. Today will be a better race.

thanks for keep up on him,i was looseing track.any guesses thats next?

Larson sweeps the weekend with WoO at Port Royal, a track he has been dominant on (that's also where his late model win came). He got lucky last night with a timely yellow after he got passed with 3 laps to go, but he's the man regardless.

Back
Top Bottom