FOX "Crank It Up" Question

19USMC69

Team Owner
This must have a reason for existing other than just getting me to actually crank it up. Do the announcers use this few minutes to take a bathroom break or just take a break from talking or...?

This must have a reason for existing other than just getting me to actually crank it up. Do the announcers use this few minutes to take a bathroom break or just take a break from talking or...?

I don't know, maybe? Could be the time they eat for a little bit and get back to work. or maybe even something else. But they probably do use it for something since like they sometimes have them go so long.

There’s a reason it always happens during a long green flag run. Run out of **** to talk about

I mean they've been doing it forever

I have to say, this year so far I’ve been enjoying the Fox Crew. IMHO...they’ve done a pretty good job and feel like DW/JG are finally comfortable working with each other.

I have to say, this year so far I’ve been enjoying the Fox Crew. IMHO...they’ve done a pretty good job and feel like DW/JG are finally comfortable working with each other.
DW spent over 100 laps today promising the tv viewers they’d see the best racing they’d ever seen. The inorganic hype gets old.

DW spent over 100 laps today promising the tv viewers they’d see the best racing they’d ever seen. The inorganic hype gets old.
Eh I’m looking past that, and it’s just DW being DW. I was pretty entertained the last 100 laps though. Especially the last 30 or so.

Eh I’m looking past that, and it’s just DW being DW. I was pretty entertained the last 100 laps though. Especially the last 30 or so.
The racing was entertaining. The coverage was ass. Battle for 2nd blocked by the stupid position bar. Stayed on the spread out top 5 and missing the battles from 8th on back. Have to replay everything in full screen for some reason. Missed the final lap in favor of Sam Cam.

The racing was entertaining. The coverage was ass. Battle for 2nd blocked by the stupid position bar. Stayed on the spread out top 5 and missing the battles from 8th on back. Have to replay everything in full screen for some reason. Missed the final lap in favor of Sam Cam.

I’ve said it before, the racing is fine. The TV coverage is what’s hurting NASCAR.

The Crank It Up segment is one that I hope they actually keep for the foreseeable future.

I chuckled a little when I saw the pit camera focused on Joey Logano even though the number said 78.

I’ve said it before, the racing is fine. The TV coverage is what’s hurting NASCAR.
Eh

Racing is fine at short tracks :D

2 scripted old farts that are severaly behind the times and another who is a far more talented driver than commentator does not help.

Find some local short track commentators and throw em in the booth.

digger-01.jpg

The commentators are annoying. But the worst part of the broadcasts to me is the production. They focus on the wrong things. Shameless plugs, drivers wives, fake controversies, reporters standing in front of an eBay pit box...anything but the racing on track.

This is the representation of the NASCAR product out on screen for the national audience every week. It’s a problem.

I've dislike the segment from Day One. My complaint with it is that the camera angles used are lousy for showing me what's happening, especially the ones at ground level inside a turn. A car could pick up three spots in one corner but you'd never see it during CIU.

I dunno if there's a reason behind it but I know I always leave the volume down a bit to leave room to turn it up when it comes on.. then just leave it louder for the remainder of the race.

Back in the day it was sponsored by Winston and the announcers all stepped out of the booth for a cigarette and to discuss how things are going...or, they would do this when they couldn't get Ryan Preece on the phone for an interview.

You all will be bitching by lap 75 of the Firecracker 400 at Daytona when NBC takes over.

Never said this was a FOX only issue. All current NASCAR programming is lame.

Crank It Up is a segment that lets you "feel" the race. The sounds. The speed. The smells. You can smell the burning rubber and the burning race fuel, can't you? I can. I like Crank It Up.

You all will be bitching by lap 75 of the Firecracker 400 at Daytona when NBC takes over.

IMO, the problem with Nascar telecasts is that they are not professional but Fox seems harmless enough to me. NBC is just flat out awful as Letarte and Burton think they are paid by the word and the closer you get to the end of the season the worse things get.

IMO, the problem with Nascar telecasts is that they are not professional but Fox seems harmless enough to me. NBC is just flat out awful as Letarte and Burton think they are paid by the word and the closer you get to the end of the season the worse things get.
The current announce team on NBC makes me miss Bill Weber, and that's saying something

It's an attempt to give you a sense of the sound at the track. If you have a decent sound system it sounds impressive (some times - other times not so much).

I completely agree with your professional standard point. I previously said it looks like they get an intern producer from the local technical school each week to be in charge. Quite often during the race I would like to comment in the race thread about this, but we are kind of discouraged from doing that...Something I have been noticing more of is that they can't seem to focus on anyone or any aspect of the race for more than a handful of seconds and feel they need to move to something else. That has to be difficult for the announcers to keep up with.

Rick Allen is a nomination for me in the worst announcer in sports category. I can’t even focus on Letarte and Burton with Rick spouting off catchphrases and yelling.

I do get a chuckle when Rick goofs up his own catchphrases though, like what was it....”Around Goes Adversity” lmao that still cracks me up

Back
Top Bottom