fox not on dish anymore

Hulu live tv package is $40, YouTube tv is $50. Fubo is also an option and you can add Mavtv for the few arca races. None of those options have half the channels traditional carriers carry. Personally, my local cable company(midco) hasn’t had a true, channel blackout dispute in nearly 10 years, plus they’re the same price as dish. Seems like these nationwide companies cannot go a month without something being blacked out.
Thanks!

i wonder if nascar is going to do anything about this???there are truck races coming soon.

Firestick + Sportztv = never worry again
How's that saying go again? You can lead a horse to water but you can't..... something or other.

I tried for some time in @AndyMarquisLive's Cable Cutting Thread to help people save some $'s giving them tips on streaming advice but it mostly fell on deaf ears. It's refreshing to read that someone else gets it though. I'll soon be beginning my 3rd year of IPTV streaming while saving over $100/month over my old Dish Network bill.

The Firestick is my preferred device. Every television that I own has a Firestick attached or is already a Fire Tv. I have Roku's as well but they are not near as well a developed product.

Sometimes some of these ideas don't work, when it's more than one person living in a house, with more than one tv, etc.

Sometimes some of these ideas don't work, when it's more than one person living in a house, with more than one tv, etc.
I'm not even sure what this means. There are three of us living in my home. Sometimes four. No limits on what or when any of us can watch whatever we choose to. Ten televisions in my home including those in the man cave. Each are capable of watching whatever's being televised.

What I really like about a streaming device, like a Firestick, is the portability. Wherever I have an internet connection I have the same programming that I have at home. I drive for a living and my television in my truck has a Firestick. When I stay overnight at a Pilot/Flying J, Travel America or Luvs Travel Stop I have WiFi internet service. If we go camping or stay in a hotel, the same applies. No internet connection, no problem..... As long as we get a Verizon signal. Either a phone or a tablet will do just fine to watch the sporting event of choice.

spotter and dspkimmel i have had no luck with iptv. They get shut down all the time and steal your money. At some point you will get tired of always searching for the latest and greatest just when you think you find it only for that to get shut down too.

I don't know where this fits in, but I heard an interesting conversation recently. It was about how more and more of the content providers are starting to have their own streaming platforms and it will come with much more exclusivity, meaning that in order to have access to ALL of the programming you desire, you may have to subscribe to SEVERAL different platforms, and in the end, the total price for many will rival current cable/satellite charges. Honestly I don't know enough about that to have a real opinion about it, but I thought I'd throw it out there. It IS hard to imagine that the current major content generators and providers are just going to allow people to have what they have now at a fraction of the price without a major battle. I have always been one in favor of a la carte cable pricing, but of course the sad truth is that many channels, including some I like would likely not exist if they had to survive solely on their own subscriptions.

spotter and dspkimmel i have had no luck with iptv. They get shut down all the time and steal your money. At some point you will get tired of always searching for the latest and greatest just when you think you find it only for that to get shut down too.
I'd simply be repeating myself over and over again with what I've already posted in the actual Cable Cutting Thread that @AndyMarquisLive created. I'll stop polluting the Nascar section with non Nascar related info. I can say that our experiences differ dramatically. Maybe luck has been on my side?

I'm not even sure what this means. There are three of us living in my home. Sometimes four. No limits on what or when any of us can watch whatever we choose to. Ten televisions in my home including those in the man cave. Each are capable of watching whatever's being televised.

What I really like about a streaming device, like a Firestick, is the portability. Wherever I have an internet connection I have the same programming that I have at home. I drive for a living and my television in my truck has a Firestick. When I stay overnight at a Pilot/Flying J, Travel America or Luvs Travel Stop I have WiFi internet service. If we go camping or stay in a hotel, the same applies. No internet connection, no problem..... As long as we get a Verizon signal. Either a phone or a tablet will do just fine to watch the sporting event of choice.

Would you not have to buy a few things for that? I mean how can one fire stick work on more than one TV? Plus, as I said already it can happen with them streaming services as well, if they are owned by these companies anyway. I mean Sling is one I hear people talk about all the time, guess what? Dish owns them so anything Dish wouldn't get, they wouldn't either. There isn't any "safe" bet to not losing channels, just some do it less than others.

I always have an antenna hooked up, even with YouTube TV.
I've tried two different ones in the last couple of years and couldn't pick up squat with either. I gave one of them to my parents when they were in a house about three miles south of me; they picked up eight or nine stations.

Back
Top Bottom