Future of NASCAR

If I was other racing series like ARCA, World of Outlaws, etc. I'd be looking for an opportunity to edge in on NASCAR's territory as the premier stock car series and start chipping away at it.
Where would you race?

I enjoyed the heck out of the ASA stuff.

'N NASCAR was in a lot better shape when the ASA series was being shown.

We only have room for 40 drivers per race. We could lose another
half dozen to retirement next couple years and have their seats filled quickly
with some pretty good talent.
Since NASCAR has trouble getting 38 or 39 to enter most races, pretty soon it will be down to the 36 "franchise" slots.

Since NASCAR has trouble getting 38 or 39 to enter most races, pretty soon it will be down to the 36 "franchise" slots.
Which does not worry me . Some of that would be because of
budgets and economics. 36 would still be enough to entertain me.
Most other race sanctions have fields in the 20's and 30's.
Loss of grandstands/entries all part of the right sizing process.

Which does not worry me . Some of that would be because of
budgets and economics. 36 would still be enough to entertain me.
Most other race sanctions have fields in the 20's and 30's.
Loss of grandstands/entries all part of the right sizing process.
I'm not worried either..... because like Bobby Ford and a few others.... the excitement of it has pretty much waned for me... I watch it when it is handy now....

But... I can tell you this much.... If I was still wrapped up in it like I was for 50 years.... I would be totally worried about the loss of grandstands.. the drop in viewership and attendance and the number of entrants.... it's not a good sign no matter what anyone tries to make a smoke and mirror deal out of it.

As I said..... it's nothing to me anymore..... but.... it SHOULD be a big deal to the younger folks who are in line to enjoy years of racing.....

I'm not worried either..... because like Bobby Ford and a few others.... the excitement of it has pretty much waned for me... I watch it when it is handy now....

But... I can tell you this much.... If I was still wrapped up in it like I was for 50 years.... I would be totally worried about the loss of grandstands.. the drop in viewership and attendance and the number of entrants.... it's not a good sign no matter what anyone tries to make a smoke and mirror deal out of it.

As I said..... it's nothing to me anymore..... but.... it SHOULD be a big deal to the younger folks who are in line to enjoy years of racing.....
That's cool. I am a fan of so many racing sanctions its just crazy. I like NASCAR a lot but its not my end all.
For me though, it would be completely impossible not to follow NASCAR along
with all the other types of racing. There is some form of racing for everyone out there
if you have the need for speed (and noise)! Oh , and stomach the changes.
One of my favorite motorsports is starting up this weekend! Speedway GP. http://speedwaygp.com/
I better stop now before I veer too far off topic.

I love watching NASCAR. I will still watch NASCAR even if others wander off.

I don't care if they regress back to small crowds. I like cars and drivers mixing it up, sort of like UFC -- trash talk all you want, but when they close the cage it's time to go at it. NASCAR is giving the drivers and crew great latitude to settle it amongst themselves. That Big NASCAR Official could've moved tubby Kyle Busch earlier and save him a beatdown from Team Logano, but the Officials gave them ample opportunity to work it out until Kyle's violent conniption, and then he paid the price.

I don't like drivers getting along too well either, even though I appreciate respect for competition.

I prefer this to F1 and Indy (although I do enjoy the Indy 500). I don't like following other motorsports except for maybe Stadium AMA Supercross.

NASCAR is awesome -- even with Jimmie Johnson...

I was in a store today that had some old Nascar merchandise for sale.I bought a couple Mark Martin items with his Thunderbird and a Harry Gant collectable car.It shocked and saddened me how low the prices were on Nascar items.I don't believe the Nascar of today is sustainable,but there will always be some form of stock car racing.

I was in a store today that had some old Nascar merchandise for sale.I bought a couple Mark Martin items with his Thunderbird and a Harry Gant collectable car.It shocked and saddened me how low the prices were on Nascar items.I don't believe the Nascar of today is sustainable,but there will always be some form of stock car racing.

Last year I bought a 1989 Davey Allison 1:24 scale diecast for a dollar at a small town festival. That's all I really look for at festivals, antique malls, flea markets, etc. is old racing stuff. You're right, it's crazy how cheap prices are for vintage NASCAR merch nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom