Garage/Pit Lane COVID Protocols

I would like to see the whole garage area vaccinated- but I don't think it should be mandatory. Spend a little time educating all teams on the pros and cons of it. I got the vaccine, I want stuff to go back to normal! I want to go to clubs and see live music! As for being concerned about what's in it- I'm a recovering alcoholic/addict(coming up on 18 years)- I didn't give a single thought about what the crappy coke I got at 3 in the morning was cut with so I didn't really worry too much about the vaccine. And and I had zero side effects from either shot.

It was nice to see no masks in the pit lane area this past weekend at Dover.
It was nice to the conditions exist to make that possible. More of these conditions please. Get stuck/mask up.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
Y'all keep living in fear, I will live my life to the fullest.
Exactly! Last year was a typical travel year again for us. I figured I have about 15 good retirement years and I certainly wouldn't give up one of those years for such a small risk. Never did know anyone that got it.

Exactly! Last year was a typical travel year again for us. I figured I have about 15 good retirement years and I certainly wouldn't give up one of those years for such a small risk. Never did know anyone that got it.

Yeah just have to know your health and risk it accordingly. That’s why them forcing things the way they did was so absurd. And of course they’re slow to pull back all these things with half of adults vaccinated in this country

The one thing I'll say about this topic is whether are people are still afraid of dying if they get it or just afraid of getting sick. I had it just over a year ago and it seemed like a bad case of the flu. One person I know called me as I was starting to get over it and asked me if I ever felt like I was going to die. I said no. At the time, that was the thought process. I know that's changed some since then. I'm still there are healthy people that believe that as much as this was talked about in the media.

I'm like DIDIT was last year. Once I recovered, I was full bore like any other year. I probably went to more races than I have in a long time. We went on vacation, went to a couple of movies before the theaters closed back up, and all the home games to the college basketball team in my town that I've had season tickets to for several years. I think people need to take a look at what's going on around them and make their own decisions and not let the news people and talking heads tell you what to think. I'm glad we're getting closer to normal. I'm ready for some football games this fall and more trips.

I hope I didn't say anything to get people mad or get this post or topic poofed. I know many people died from this and are still having some lingering issues. Many of us had little to no issues with it. Make your own informed decision and live life while you still have it.

Struggling with the stupidity of NASCAR clearing Haley to race, but unwilling to mandate the vaccine. That doesn't make sense. Shouldn't Haley have been allowed to do whatever in the hell he wanted? How can NASCAR tell him he can't race, but can't make the vaccination a condition of a license.

Struggling with the stupidity of NASCAR clearing Haley to race, but unwilling to mandate the vaccine. That doesn't make sense. Shouldn't Haley have been allowed to do whatever in the hell he wanted? How can NASCAR tell him he can't race, but can't make the vaccination a condition of a license.
What Nascar has done with other drivers is test them days later to see if they are continuing to test positive or are they clear. I wouldn't think Haley would be allowed to test positive and be allowed to race.

What Nascar has done with other drivers is test them days later to see if they are continuing to test positive or are they clear. I wouldn't think Haley would be allowed to test positive and be allowed to race.
He never tested positive. He was around some family members that later tested positive and they went to nascar and told them of it. He clearly wasn't trying to get away with anything

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pat
He never tested positive. He was around some family members that later tested positive and they went to nascar and told them of it. He clearly wasn't trying to get away with anything

You think that makes sense to miss two races and not be testing positive? Good luck with that one.

You think that makes sense to miss two races and not be testing positive? Good luck with that one.
Listen to Chris Rice discuss the whole thing on Door Bumper Clear. He missed 2 races 2 days apart, not 2 weeks apart......

Listen to Chris Rice discuss the whole thing on Door Bumper Clear. He missed 2 races 2 days apart, not 2 weeks apart......

I believe I have listened to every Chris Rice Door Bumper Clear episode. Can you post that podcast I can't seem to find it?

[Door Bumper Clear - Dirty Mo Media] 214 – Chris Rice: Change is Coming #doorBumperClearDirtyMoMedia
https://podcastaddict.com/episode/123231013 via @PodcastAddict

23 minute mark

cool I don't get that one on Youtube. His family had it,
Justin told Chris Rice family members had it and he had been hanging out with them. Chris let Nascar know and Nascar tested him and he had to be quarantined for a bit. Doesn't look like he or any family member had serious problems. Interesting that Chris himself had Covid over Christmas and he said he felt like he was going to die, so he knew this was real and something to be taken seriously.

cool I don't get that one on Youtube. His family had it,
Justin told Chris Rice family members had it and he had been hanging out with them. Chris let Nascar know and Nascar tested him and he had to be quarantined for a bit. Doesn't look like he or any family member had serious problems. Interesting that Chris himself had Covid over Christmas and he said he felt like he was going to die, so he knew this was real and something to be taken seriously.
I guess my point is....NASCAR dictates when a driver can and cannot be in the garage due to illness, but cannot mandate preventing the illness in the first place. That is absurd. Remember when Bill Sr. said that a driver isn't bigger than the sport itself? Let's get back to that and get the Mr. Squinty/Douchey and The Chosen stuck. They are pretty important to The Show, so if they aren't willing, there is a line of drivers who I am guessing would be. Betcha their attachments aren't so big that they give the finger to the sanctioning body.

I guess my point is....NASCAR dictates when a driver can and cannot be in the garage due to illness, but cannot mandate preventing the illness in the first place. That is absurd. Remember when Bill Sr. said that a driver isn't bigger than the sport itself? Let's get back to that and get the Mr. Squinty/Douchey and The Chosen stuck. They are pretty important to The Show, so if they aren't willing, there is a line of drivers who I am guessing would be. Betcha their attachments aren't so big that they give the finger to the sanctioning body.
You can't mandate something that's still considered experimental. No matter how you want to twist this there's no long term research on it. Since we don't know how long the shot is good for, not to mention there's 3 vaccinations that could potentially have 3 different shelf lives do we have expiration dates that they kick you out of garage again?

If they say you dont have to quarantine due to close contact if you're vaccinated and you're ok with having to quarantine if not vaccinated why does it matter?

I look at it a lot differently. Drivers/teams are independent contractors. They race at a Nascar event. Nascar can control their event and not allow anyone on the premises that tests positive. There isn't any way to prove if anyone has been vaccinated or not but if Nascar didn't protect themselves, one bad apple could spoil the whole bunch and shut down the season. It's the independent contractors responsibility or lack of to take precautions. If they don't and become infected it is a huge mess. In Justin Haley's case, they didn't have hardly any time to replace the driver..sponsors were jacked up, Haley is tiny so the seat.pedals had to be modified and they couldn't use Gralla who is pretty large and they got Zane Smith who was smaller. Nascar didn't get the blame/responsibility for the lack of protection a driver chose to do.

You can't mandate something that's still considered experimental. No matter how you want to twist this there's no long term research on it. Since we don't know how long the shot is good for, not to mention there's 3 vaccinations that could potentially have 3 different shelf lives do we have expiration dates that they kick you out of garage again?

If they say you dont have to quarantine due to close contact if you're vaccinated and you're ok with having to quarantine if not vaccinated why does it matter?

Your assertion that the vaccine is "experimental" is inaccurate....and this kind of narrative is damaging in getting more people vaccinated and thus preventing the spread of the virus IMO. The research is solid because the scientist say so rather than others who have reason to spread misinformation to the contrary. My point from the beginning has been that if NASCAR is mandating vaccines for all guests of the garage and pit lane, then that goes for the drivers too. Nothing says the the drivers are bigger than the sport than that, and saying that is a very slippery slope.

I look at it a lot differently. Drivers/teams are independent contractors. They race at a Nascar event. Nascar can control their event and not allow anyone on the premises that tests positive. There isn't any way to prove if anyone has been vaccinated or not but if Nascar didn't protect themselves, one bad apple could spoil the whole bunch and shut down the season. It's the independent contractors responsibility or lack of to take precautions. If they don't and become infected it is a huge mess. In Justin Haley's case, they didn't have hardly any time to replace the driver..sponsors were jacked up, Haley is tiny so the seat.pedals had to be modified and they couldn't use Gralla who is pretty large and they got Zane Smith who was smaller. Nascar didn't get the blame/responsibility for the lack of protection a driver chose to do.
NASCAR controls the whole show. They require annual licenses....right? If you use drugs, you get banned....even if you agreed to testing prior to each event to ensure safety. They kick your ass out, and send you on the "Road to Recovery" because they care about drivers as human beings (laugh), right? What is happening here is that NASCAR is going to control who they can control, but are worried about the big timers who have grown larger than the sport. They are concerned about a political narrative. It's bull****.

Your assertion that the vaccine is "experimental" is inaccurate....and this kind of narrative is damaging in getting more people vaccinated and thus preventing the spread of the virus IMO. The research is solid because the scientist say so rather than others who have reason to spread misinformation to the contrary. My point from the beginning has been that if NASCAR is mandating vaccines for all guests of the garage and pit lane, then that goes for the drivers too. Nothing says the the drivers are bigger than the sport than that, and saying that is a very slippery slope.
No one said they're bigger than the sport. They can say if you've been in close contact with someone or test positive you can't be here.

As far as experimental I'm sorry but I strongly have to disagree. There's a lot of things experts said were safe in the past that now turns out weren't. Until you know long term effects of something it's "experimental". Do they think it will be safe? Yes. Do they know for certain 10-20 years down the road people will not have issues? No.

This is the same reason so many employers are hesitant to make it mandatory. Can you only imagine the legal ramifications if people start developing issues from this in 10-20 years? Then the story turns into yeah remember when 20 years ago nascar doomed all the drivers and garge workers future health?

Its simple you take a known risk getting the vaccine (no matter how small it is) or you take the consequences of not taking it. When I got my shots back in February one of the first things I had to do was sign a waiver. Like the one below.

Screenshot_20210523-104423_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Most companies in the country followed this policy for over a year. If you were in close contact with someone who had covid, you had to quarantine for 2 weeks out of an abundance of caution, no matter what the tests came back as. After 14 days if you had two negative tests back to back you were cleared to return to public activities.

It’s a little outdated now that the testing technology is more accurate than in the opening months of the pandemic, but better safe than sorry.

NASCAR controls the whole show. They require annual licenses....right? If you use drugs, you get banned....even if you agreed to testing prior to each event to ensure safety. They kick your ass out, and send you on the "Road to Recovery" because they care about drivers as human beings (laugh), right? What is happening here is that NASCAR is going to control who they can control, but are worried about the big timers who have grown larger than the sport. They are concerned about a political narrative. It's bull****.
How you going to prove it? The vaccine resistant can obtain forged documents that say the have got their shots. Much better to do independent testing at the site to screen out the obvious people who rest positive.

How you going to prove it? The vaccine resistant can obtain forged documents that say the have got their shots. Much better to do independent testing at the site to screen out the obvious people who rest positive.
The real vaccine card has control numbers. Can be confirmed or not with vaccination center.

Mine has a lot number for each dose. But that is the only number other then the CVS store number.

No one said they're bigger than the sport. They can say if you've been in close contact with someone or test positive you can't be here.

As far as experimental I'm sorry but I strongly have to disagree. There's a lot of things experts said were safe in the past that now turns out weren't. Until you know long term effects of something it's "experimental". Do they think it will be safe? Yes. Do they know for certain 10-20 years down the road people will not have issues? No.

This is the same reason so many employers are hesitant to make it mandatory. Can you only imagine the legal ramifications if people start developing issues from this in 10-20 years? Then the story turns into yeah remember when 20 years ago nascar doomed all the drivers and garge workers future health?

Its simple you take a known risk getting the vaccine (no matter how small it is) or you take the consequences of not taking it. When I got my shots back in February one of the first things I had to do was sign a waiver. Like the one below.

View attachment 55525

Let's just not....

• Haha

People assume they hear a driver miss that he/she tested positive. Look at Jimmie Johnson. It was said he had it, then got it again. He either had a false positive the first time or was around someone that had it and people assumed he had it.

Rules are continuing to be less restrictive starting with the All-Star race.

Back
Top Bottom