Get out of the way Logano

Lagano was running full out like he would normally run and that is fine. But while logging laps he should stay out of the way of the race leaders. (Did he pull off the track late in the race when there was nothing to gain)?

I recall Lagano having a fit when he ran over Morgan Shepard - a car laps down at New Hampshire. He wrecked himself out of a win that race.

Lol and now we're comparing Stewart/Edwards tiebreaker to Logano running 24 laps down. I give up.

The only way Logano was going to gain any positions on track was if drivers wrecked/had mechanical problems. He was 24 laps down, 25 would not have made a difference. It’s Logano’s right to race like a turd furgison if he wants. Just like the inevitable retaliation from an angry driver is their right as well. Joey has whines and complained for far, far, less. Captain Hypocrite

The only way Logano was going to gain any positions on track was if drivers wrecked/had mechanical problems. He was 24 laps down, 25 would not have made a difference. It’s Logano’s right to race like a turd furgison if he wants. Just like the inevitable retaliation from an angry driver is their right as well. Joey has whines and complained for far, far, less. Captain Hypocrite

I believe that "hypocrite" is part of the Driver Code that Denny spoke of year's ago -- or maybe it's in their DNA. :)

This must be a thing over there at Penske. Remember when Brad took out the front of the field while racing the leaders at Talladega a few years back when he was 6 laps down?

I believe that "hypocrite" is part of the Driver Code that Denny spoke of year's ago -- or maybe it's in their DNA. :)
yeah for sure. Speaking of hypocrites, Hamlin has no room to talk. Surely with the 10,000 races he says he has run he surely was accused of racing somebody too hard, or out right wrecking them on purpose.

Funny, that Logano won the war the last time Hamlin and Truex got upset at him.

I'm genuinely concerned about the 22 team, they have not shown the same speed they had from the first half of the season. Dega is in Penske's wheelhouse, it would be a great turn-around for Logano. I expect him to turn the wick up to 11 come next week, its going to be a bloodbath next week. A lot of take and no give.

Logano was racing trying to get everything out of their ruined day. How he raced is a product of the system in place, its what NASCAR wanted. These guys are playing the hand they are given and every point matters no matter on lap or twenty plus laps down. I didn't have a problem with it, but once again if Truex is complaining about traffic, again. I'm not surprised IMO, but emotions run a high at the same time.
Joey was bad fast at Vegas.. ran second to a ridiculously fast Harvick at Indy.. was in the top 3 at the roval before damage and finished 10th.. fought bad handling at Richmond and still finished 11th and then had a parts failure before the race even started at Dover.. there is no need to worry about speed it's just circumstance. Not many of his finishes outside the top 10 lately have been because he didnt have speed.

Do you really think Truex or Hamlin will retaliate against Joey? For that?!... I seem to recall them having issues with him not working out for them very well in the past. Just saying. I'm genuinely unconcerned about them in that manner.

What I am concerned about is him wrecking out of Dega due to someone else's mistake.. if that doesn't happen he will finish top 5 or win. If he finishes the next two without incident he'll move on to the next round for sure.

Joey has whines and complained for far, far, less. Captain Hypocrite
I'll call BS on that. Seriously, what has Logano whined about. What has he said or done that is hypocritical?

I think for him to race the leaders so hard while 25 laps down was a mistake, showing disrespect for the leaders... but I can't think of examples of Joey whining or being hypocritical. I think that is a cheap shot.

Joey is a straight shooter with an unfiltered personality that is refreshing. It is one of his attributes, IMO.

I'll call BS on that. Seriously, what has Logano whined about. What has he said or done that is hypocritical?

I think for him to race the leaders so hard while 25 laps down was a mistake, showing disrespect for the leaders... but I can't think of examples of Joey whining or being hypocritical. I think that is a cheap shot.

Joey is a straight shooter with an unfiltered personality that is refreshing. It is one of his attributes, IMO.

Joey couldn't pass Chase for position at Darlington, got frustrated and tried to rub him, STILL couldn't pass him, then cried on the radio about putting him in the wall when he gets the chance.

Joey couldn't pass Chase for position at Darlington, got frustrated and tried to rub him, STILL couldn't pass him, then cried on the radio about putting him in the wall when he gets the chance.
It's not right to criticize a driver for what he says on the team radio during battle. I don't even use that to criticize KDB, who always offers plenty of low hanging fruit on the team radio.

Joey is "out there" a lot, available for post-race interviews, appearing on Race Hub nearly every week, etc. You need to do better than cite a frustrated in-race radio comment if you're calling a guy a whiner and a hypocrite.

It's not right to criticize a driver for what he says on the team radio during battle. I don't even use that to criticize KDB, who always offers plenty of low hanging fruit on the team radio.

Joey is "out there" a lot, available for post-race interviews, appearing on Race Hub nearly every week, etc. You need to do better than cite a frustrated in-race radio comment if you're calling a guy a whiner and a hypocrite.

Fair point, that's just the first that came to mind since it was recent.

His interview after a really frustrating race and yeah he wasn't happy, but he wasn't blaming it on anything or anybody. It was more of a sheet happens we'll get them next week. I do hope that when Joey is done, he joins the media, he already has a good grasp on it and he freely gives of his time on the racing shows.

Joey was being an a$$hole there. That is all. Not saying that that is bad. Just stating what was up. He and anyone else can justify it with, he was racing hard, he's in the playoffs, etc.

This must be a thing over there at Penske. Remember when Brad took out the front of the field while racing the leaders at Talladega a few years back when he was 6 laps down?

But did he have something to gain? :sarcasm:

Do you really think Truex or Hamlin will retaliate against Joey? For that?!... I seem to recall them having issues with him not working out for them very well in the past. Just saying. I'm genuinely unconcerned about them in that manner.

What I am concerned about is him wrecking out of Dega due to someone else's mistake.. if that doesn't happen he will finish top 5 or win. If he finishes the next two without incident he'll move on to the next round for sure.

I don't think straight up retaliation, they'll race accordingly if the roles are reversed though. And, he won't be getting cut any breaks from Hamlin at Dega or anywhere else the rest of the way, that's for sure.

Unless they need each other for a late race Restart at Dega. :)

These Drivers are opportunistic -- they'll adjust accordingly.

Joey was bad fast at Vegas.. ran second to a ridiculously fast Harvick at Indy.. was in the top 3 at the roval before damage and finished 10th.. fought bad handling at Richmond and still finished 11th and then had a parts failure before the race even started at Dover.. there is no need to worry about speed it's just circumstance. Not many of his finishes outside the top 10 lately have been because he didnt have speed.
The actual data doesn't support that rose-colored assessment of Logano's speed in recent weeks. For the last nine races, the 22 has been among the 10 fastest cars only twice... based on Central Speed Rank which is actual lap times adjusted to exclude caution laps, pit stops, mechanical failures, and crash damage.

Aggregating the four playoff races, Logano ranks 13th in speed... which is slower than all the other remaining playoff drivers except Alex Bowman. Joey was 2nd fastest at Las Vegas, but that's just one race. He also ranked 20th at Richmond, 13th on the Roval, and 17th at Dover. If Joey or Todd Gordon have a magic switch to turn on the speed, now would be the time.

My boy Sliced throwing it down tonight! Getcha some of that! I like it!!!!

The actual data doesn't support that rose-colored assessment of Logano's speed in recent weeks. For the last nine races, the 22 has been among the 10 fastest cars only twice... based on Central Speed Rank which is actual lap times adjusted to exclude caution laps, pit stops, mechanical failures, and crash damage.

Aggregating the four playoff races, Logano ranks 13th in speed... which is slower than all the other remaining playoff drivers except Alex Bowman. Joey was 2nd fastest at Las Vegas, but that's just one race. He also ranked 20th at Richmond, 13th on the Roval, and 17th at Dover. If Joey or Todd Gordon have a magic switch to turn on the speed, now would be the time.

pretty inaccurate way of doing it to me, this isn't the Bonneville salt flats. I bet using that last year they had Logano counted out 5 races before the last race.:D

I don't blame Logano for racing like a hard ass myself, quite frankly it annoys me that more people AREN'T doing so more frequently. This is what we got with these resets is every point mattering.

Denny's always so worried about what everyone else is doing.

Let's go lol

We'll get 2 for 20 ;)

I feel like I should say though about this Logano thing, this may seem a very small thing, but it's small things like this that really irk me. That plays into being a fan and being overly passionate at times. I created the topic to share my views on the discussion board. This was a topic of discussion on NASCAR America yesterday as well, so I don't think I was shouting about nothing. However small of a something I think is a matter of opinion. I like to discuss things and see other points of view, that is why I'm here.

We'll get 2 for 20 ;)

I feel like I should say though about this Logano thing, this may seem a very small thing, but it's small things like this that really irk me. That plays into being a fan and being overly passionate at times. I created the topic to share my views on the discussion board. This was a topic of discussion on NASCAR America yesterday as well, so I don't think I was shouting about nothing. However small of a something I think is a matter of opinion. I like to discuss things and see other points of view, that is why I'm here.

I luv you too

Still not very concerned.. they're good when they have to be.. maybe it wont work like that this year but you cant count him out until he's actually out.

I don't think straight up retaliation, they'll race accordingly if the roles are reversed though. And, he won't be getting cut any breaks from Hamlin at Dega or anywhere else the rest of the way, that's for sure.
I doubt he would have anyway.. and I doubt he expects it. He knows better than all of us that he will get raced the way he races. That's what he expects. I've seen him say it many times.

Back
Top Bottom