Go Joey Logano!

Sheeeesh, I had Joey to win today and Harvick next week. I could still be good for 50/50.

#TeamLogano

Hope he gets his second title

I mean he has to be considered a co favorite with Hamlin I would think
Brad and Denny.

Brad has had the two most dominant wins outside of Kevin's wins.

And the car he is bringing to Phoenix has raced on the cup circuit twice this year. NH and Richmond. Both races were butt whoppings.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

As long as Logano doesn’t get a bum set of tires and get lapped in 20 laps
as long as Hamlin doesn’t get a piece of tape the size of a small tv
as long as Kez team doesn't put rIshtar side tires on the left

maybe Elliot will win

I don't see a clear cut favorite at all, just as I didn't today. I think Chase has gotten hot, Denny has cooled off, and Brad and Joey have been very good at times, but have struggled with long run speed. at times. Throw in all the 2020 variables, and throw in some non-final four guys that easily play into the mix, and I don't think we'll know until quite late who is the likely champion.

I don't see a clear cut favorite at all, just as I didn't today. I think Chase has gotten hot, Denny has cooled off, and Brad and Joey have been very good at times, but have struggled with long run speed. at times. Throw in all the 2020 variables, and throw in some non-final four guys that easily play into the mix, and I don't think we'll know until quite late who is the likely champion.

Hamlin's there because of that bullsheot in Talladega.

One bad race can be a death sentence now. **** the playoffs.

Yeah, but two bad races in a row with all of those points...and Phoenix waiting. He has to be better. Shocking...really.

I'd like to see Brad get another title. We all know Hamlin is gonna choke really hard as usual.

If he drove a Toyota, he would've had NASCAR bail him out. ;)

Oh hell yes. ;) I think you have followed my posts this season....Harvick has been unbelievable. Damn good year...and every reason to believe that he will be there at the end next season. Hang in there.

I like Chase Elliott the most, I just want to watch the world burn.
Well, you see, this season has been painful enough. Lol. While I see what you’re doing here, I don’t think I can get with it because I’m gonna be part of the world that’s burning! XD

Think the Penske duo is gonna be tough to beat at Phoenix, the championship is coming down to those two. The inaugural Phoenix Bowl is going to have a Penske champion when the checkered flag flies. I just think the Penske machine with Ford backing behind it will be too much to overcome for the other 2 participants

Hard pass on Joey. Chase or watch the toyota fan fireworks with Denny.

Yeah maybe Joey winning could change this stupid system since everyone hates him

Nightmare scenario is the Penske cars wreck each other racing hard and Hamlin gets by for the win or position to win.

Unpopular opinion... there is nothing wrong with this system. At all.

It rewards season long performance without giving dominant drivers a ridiculous advantage while also making all the drivers have to perform when it matters regardless of how well they did in previous races.

Contrary to what most people say about NASCAR and playoffs I think they do belong here.. and in every other sport the athletes have to step it up when it matters regardless of how they did before that.

I hope it stays the same forever.

And that, in spite of all the prognostication, is racing and why we watch.

What I don't like about it is a cut tire can screw a dominant team up on that last race. Just a cut tire...no fault of anyone.

As much as I take joy in the fact the 4 team screwed the pooch, they should be in the top 4 competing so a screw up also can doom you.

Racing has far too many variables that are outside of a competitor's control to declare a champion from one race.

You don't get a chance to compete for the cup at the last race by accident.

16 years worth of complaining has resulted in SFA.

What I don't like about it is a cut tire can screw a dominant team up on that last race. Just a cut tire...no fault of anyone.

As much as I take joy in the fact the 4 team screwed the pooch, they should be in the top 4 competing so a screw up also can doom you.
Kenseth slides up and runs into Harvick, Harvick is over as far as possible, and gets a cut tire out of the contact. Then the race fixing by JGR happens. The week before the 4 car was leading the race at Texas, was the first to hit the wet and damages his car. They had days to fix it back, but Nascar wouldn't let them. Week before that Logano blocks him from winning for 40 laps. :idunno: They probably should have just ran the thing into the wall and gone home early. Same result

Kenseth slides up and runs into Harvick, Harvick is over as far as possible, and gets a cut tire out of the contact. Then the race fixing by JGR happens. The week before the 4 car was leading the race at Texas, was the first to hit the wet and damages his car. They had days to fix it back, but Nascar wouldn't let them. Week before that Logano blocks him from winning for 40 laps. :idunno: They probably should have just ran the thing into the wall and gone home early. Same result
4 team got beat by the 22. Other than that the others are pretty much outside their control. Except the car and prep they bring to Martinsville.

Unpopular opinion... there is nothing wrong with this system. At all.

It rewards season long performance without giving dominant drivers a ridiculous advantage while also making all the drivers have to perform when it matters regardless of how well they did in previous races.

Contrary to what most people say about NASCAR and playoffs I think they do belong here.. and in every other sport the athletes have to step it up when it matters regardless of how they did before that.

I hope it stays the same forever.

Well in other sports, you can’t be taken out by teams not in the playoffs.

Football you aren’t going to have a game between the Bills and the Chiefs, and the Jets come out and cost the Bills a win.

Racing is NOTHING like these other sports. Every team every driver is out there every single race.

Game 7 moments are more special when it just happens.

Do you know why the 92 season is looked at which such amazement? Because it happened naturally.

Tbh. If we got to have something that’s not the full season, give me the old 10 race Chase again.

Because picture this. Joey has an amazing season. Kicks a lot of ass, and under any other system he’s champion. He makes the championship 4, is having a great race. Then someone he pissed off during the season wrecks him. Ends his day, totally out of his control. That’s not fair to him. He didn’t do anything other than piss some driver off earlier in the season. As a Joey fan do you say “Welp that’s fine, Joey should’ve performed when it mattered!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well in other sports, you can’t be taken out by teams not in the playoffs.

Football you aren’t going to have a game between the Bills and the Chiefs, and the Jets come out and cost the Bills a win.

Racing is NOTHING like these other sports. Every team every driver is out there every single race.

Game 7 moments are more special when it just happens.

Do you know why the 92 season is looked at which such amazement? Because it happened naturally.

Tbh. If we got to have something that’s not the full season, give me the old 10 race Chase again.

Because picture this. Joey has an amazing season. Kicks a lot of ass, and under any other system he’s champion. He makes the championship 4, is having a great race. Then someone he pissed off during the season wrecks him. Ends his day, totally out of his control. That’s not fair to him. He didn’t do anything other than piss some driver off earlier in the season. As a Joey fan do you say “Welp that’s fine, Joey should’ve performed when it mattered!!”

I see your point, and agree it shouldn't come down to one race but I HIGHLY doubt NASCAR would allow that. Like threatened to be parked for the 500 if it was determined it was intentional.

I see your point, and agree it shouldn't come down to one race but I HIGHLY doubt NASCAR would allow that. Like threatened to be parked for the 500 if it was determined it was intentional.

You can’t really make a threat after the fact. If the driver doesn’t hint at anything you can’t really do much before hand you know?

You can’t really make a threat after the fact. If the driver doesn’t hint at anything you can’t really do much before hand you know?

yeah? using the Kenseth precedent, they fined the hell out of him and sat him two races for intentionally wrecking Logano..like so what, slap his hands. What would they do if that happened in a championship race? It's more like what could they do? Not a hell of a lot. To me it points out just how goofy it is trying to force a stick n ball system in a racing series. That doesn't come up in stick n ball.

Back
Top Bottom