Going to be a big day for Cessna @ Kansas

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Kyle Busch will be driving the 51 in the Truck race at Kansas, the only cupper in the race. Wichita based Cessna is his sponsor.

I wonder how many of those fans that whine and complain about ticket prices can afford to purchase that sponsor's products?
don't think that is for many fans, but drivers and teams? oh yeah. Going to be many Cessna employees smoozing in the suites also.

Talk about shooting fish in a barrel, I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle's truck gets the full treatment of "non performance enhancements" I think that is what they call it these days

It must be confusing if you're a Jamie McMurray fan trying to support your driver, and you don't know whether you should go out and buy a Big Mac or a plane.

No, usually Jaime is ready for lift-off into your favorite drivers bumper jettisoning them into the wall.

Or complaining on radio.

Would you like fries with that?
McDonald's Drive-Thru Clerk: "Sir, could you please check the screen to make sure your order is correct?"

McMurray fan a Drive-Thru: "Let's see...Big Mac, large fries, large Coke, Cessna 172, apple pie...that looks right."

My only hope is for another John Hunter Nemechek bonzai move..this time on the dreaded #51

upload_2017-5-9_10-53-14.jpeg

https://www.bjtonline.com/business-jet-news/jamie-mcmurray

Carl flies a Cessna Citation CJ3

Kenseth Citation 501

of course after Nascar dies..they will be flying old piper cubs right?

Last edited:
If there is any justice Kyle will blow up on the parade laps.

I was hoping for John Wes's return at Kansas, anything that gets in the way of the 51 truck works for me, I won't go as far as eating my shorts like Kiante has stepped out and said, but it would make my day if a backmarker took out the 51. The absolute best would be if his other truck with Bell in it wiped him out. Bell needs to find another bunch to drive for anyway IMO.

I was hoping for John Wes's return at Kansas, anything that gets in the way of the 51 truck works for me, I won't go as far as eating my shorts like Kiante has stepped out and said, but it would make my day if a backmarker took out the 51. The absolute best would be if his other truck with Bell in it wiped him out. Bell needs to find another bunch to drive for anyway IMO.

KBM provides him the best equipment in the series and he has a 10 race deal with Gibbs in Xfinity. Maybe he should go the bubba route and drive a sponsorless roush Ford? :confused:

I was reading somewhere that some folks believe Cessna sponsoring Kyle Busch for 1 truck race indicates Nascar is healty. I am not making this up I swear.

The drivers can.
Like I said before, I think a brochure may have been the cheaper route if Cessna is there just to advertise for the drivers. I'm just a simple redneck kind of fan. The kind of fan that knows no other fans that could possible think about purchasing a Cessna. Budweiser, now that's a sponsor that I and most of my friends can relate to. Multi million dollar aircraft? Not so much.

You might be a redneck fan, but outside of every Nascar event there are at least 100 closer to 200 really fine aircraft at the closest runway. They charge 1000 bucks a day parking at Daytona. Big market for Cessna and right down the road from K.C. is their home base. Brochures are great, but a tour of the facility and the whole whine and dine of a prospective buyer gets good results

Like I said before, I think a brochure may have been the cheaper route if Cessna is there just to advertise for the drivers. I'm just a simple redneck kind of fan. The kind of fan that knows no other fans that could possible think about purchasing a Cessna. Budweiser, now that's a sponsor that I and most of my friends can relate to. Multi million dollar aircraft? Not so much.

You make a good point as it probably would have been more effective for Cessna to set up a product display the drivers and the well heeled could look over but it was probably cheaper just to throw chump change at a truck team. I can relate more to Tide laundry detergent and Jimmy Johns than Cessna.

Chase Elliott is a new pilot and has an older single engine Cessna I believe it is. I believe he will be due for an upgrade soon? How about young Blaney?

You make a good point as it probably would have been more effective for Cessna to set up a product display the drivers and the well heeled could look over but it was probably cheaper just to throw chump change at a truck team. I can relate more to Tide laundry detergent and Jimmy Johns than Cessna.
A catered race experience in a large suite filled with clients and business to business partners. And someone/thing to cheer for.

These things are common in many sports.

You might be a redneck fan, but outside of every Nascar event there are at least 100 closer to 200 really fine aircraft at the closest runway. They charge 1000 bucks a day parking at Daytona. Big market for Cessna and right down the road from K.C. is their home base. Brochures are great, but a tour of the facility and the whole whine and dine of a prospective buyer gets good results
I'm thinking if they saw me standing in line for the factory tour in my jr shirt, jorts, crocs while holding my Budweiser koozie, I may just be denied entry. :cool:

A catered race experience in a large suite filled with clients and business to business partners. And someone/thing to cheer for.

These things are common in many sports.

No **** Sherlock! Read what I posted!!!

Back
Top Bottom