Going to be a big day for Cessna @ Kansas

Chase Elliott is a new pilot and has an older single engine Cessna I believe it is. I believe he will be due for an upgrade soon? How about young Blaney?

Yeah I can hear Chase talking to Bill and Ryan talking to Dave this weekend saying something like "Heck, Dad, I didn't even know Cessna made aircraft as I was all set on getting a Beachcraft. Now I have been made aware of Cessna, because they sponsored Kyle's truck, I think I will avail myself of Cessna's no money down 0% APR for 60 months and fly me one home.

My only advice to Chase would be once he gets home don't let Aunt Sheila play with the dials.

Yeah I can hear Chase talking to Bill and Ryan talking to Dave this weekend saying something like "Heck, Dad, I didn't even know Cessna made aircraft as I was all set on getting a Beachcraft. Now I have been made aware of Cessna, because they sponsored Kyle's truck, I think I will avail myself of Cessna's no money down 0% APR for 60 months and fly me one home.

My only advice to Chase would be once he gets home don't let Aunt Sheila play with the dials.
I'm pretty sure Chase knows who Cessna is.

In January 2008, he bought his current Conquest II in Ohio, after owning several Cessna jets. “I asked myself, ‘Why did I ever leave this thing?’ I can’t recall many trips where I’ve had to stop for gas. And the Conquest can go into any short field. It’s a great plane with all the benefits of my Cessna jets but none of the problems.“

upload_2017-5-10_10-18-17.png

I'm pretty sure Chase knows who Cessna is.

In January 2008, he bought his current Conquest II in Ohio, after owning several Cessna jets. “I asked myself, ‘Why did I ever leave this thing?’ I can’t recall many trips where I’ve had to stop for gas. And the Conquest can go into any short field. It’s a great plane with all the benefits of my Cessna jets but none of the problems.“

View attachment 26470

Well I guess that Cessna's presence won't impact Chase but maybe all of Cessna's employees, vendors and prospective clients will beam with pride watching Kyle take the checkers.

You might be a redneck fan, but outside of every Nascar event there are at least 100 closer to 200 really fine aircraft at the closest runway. They charge 1000 bucks a day parking at Daytona. Big market for Cessna and right down the road from K.C. is their home base. Brochures are great, but a tour of the facility and the whole whine and dine of a prospective buyer gets good results
I don't think any prospective buyers attending the Truck race are going to be moved by sponsorship of a KBM truck, esp. not drivers, owners, or others who know how sponsorship works. I don't think even Kyle would be impressed enough to pick up a bird with just that as motivation.

Enlighten me; who do you think they're wooing? Who are they wooing that wouldn't already be impressed with their semi-regular sponsorship of a Cup car?

Enlighten me; who do you think they're wooing? Who are they wooing that wouldn't already be impressed with their semi-regular sponsorship of a Cup car?
hmmm, how about inviting people who can afford to buy a multi million dollar plane to the race. Have a whole big a/c suite and the booze a flowing..deals are made there. I'm sure it wouldn't sway you one bit, but all of the teams and almost all of the drivers have planes. Having an aero sponsor in the series might sway one of them to buy from a company that supports what they are doing I would think?

Cessna throwing chump change at Kyle Busch for 1 truck race was supposed to indicate that Nascar is a robust organization with sponsors looking to get into the series. Like I said I could not make that sort of thing up.
Please post a link to that article. Many journalists and reporters are totally clueless about business matters. The good ones know it and draw the line on what they say. Others just make stuff up to fill in the gaps. I'm interested to learn what reporter would draw the conclusions you describe.

hmmm, how about inviting people who can afford to buy a multi million dollar plane to the race. Have a whole big a/c suite and the booze a flowing..deals are made there. I'm sure it wouldn't sway you one bit, but all of the teams and almost all of the drivers have planes. Having an aero sponsor in the series might sway one of them to buy from a company that supports what they are doing I would think?

As Skoal noted, the teams and drivers are already aware of Cessna and its involvement. They're not going to be swayed by a one-off in a supporting race. They're not going to be in that suite anyway, other than McMurray doing the usual pre-race suite visit. Wouldn't the 'civilians' in that suite be more impressed with watching the #1 in Cup race?

I don't think any prospective buyers attending the Truck race are going to be moved by sponsorship of a KBM truck. I don't think even Kyle would be impressed enough to pick up a bird with just that as motivation.

The initial theory being floated was that Nascar and its teams were in fine shape because a company like Cessna would sponsor a Kyle Busch in a truck race which is absolute silliness given the sponsorship challenges several cup teams are having. Then the deflecting started with the narrative being turned to hospitality and that just maybe Ryan Blaney and Chase Elliott would want a Cessna due in part to Kyle Busch truck sponsorship yada yada. Now it is that maybe because a truck is being sponsored well heeled clients may be enticed to buy another Cessna. It will be fun to see where it ends up.

Most of the people Cessna will be wooing are most likely from a diverse range of corporations, and most will have little to no knowledge about Nascar, I suspect. There will be a number of Cessna people, mostly having sales jobs, and each of them will invite a handful of clients and/or prospective clients to the race. Probably after golf in the morning, followed by lunch. You know, normal B2B stuff.

Most of the people Cessna will be wooing are most likely from a diverse range of corporations, and most will have little to no knowledge about Nascar, I suspect. There will be a number of Cessna people, mostly having sales jobs, and each of them will invite a handful of clients and/or prospective clients to the race. Probably after golf in the morning, followed by lunch. You know, normal B2B stuff.
And it's a 2 race event. Pay The Shrub some money and have a competitor in each race for the people in the suite to identify with.

Or go all Skoalbandit and put up some cardboard cutouts of a 172 on the concourse. Cheaper and much more "cost effective". Clueless or baiting ... either works.

BTW they have sponsored the Shrub for 5 truck races. Have to get 5 cutouts ready lol

Busch will make his 2017 Truck Series debut Saturday March 4 at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway and will also race May 12 at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, May 20 at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway, July 29 at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway and Aug. 12 at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn.

Kyle Busch Can’t Wait To Race His Truck At Kansas This Weekend
The owner-driver is a wizard in the NCWTS with 46 wins, second all-time in the history of the series.
“I’m looking forward to a great race week in Kansas. We’ll get things started on Wednesday at Textron Aviation’s corporate headquarters in Wichita, where we’ll show our appreciation to the employees from the Cessna, Beechcraft and Hawker brands that are represented on our No. 51 Tundra this season by providing lunch and giving those folks an up-close look at the truck that I’ll be racing at Kansas SpeedwayFriday night.

http://workingonmyredneck.com/index...ait-to-race-his-truck-at-kansas-this-weekend/

Back
Top Bottom