Goodyear 400 @ Darlington

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
1620073959243.png

1620074031667.png

2 Sweet

Legend
Watching 2003 Darlington at the moment, one of the greatest finishes in NASCAR history, and I am reminded of Gordon hitting the wall with 10 to go, getting hit in the back by Kenny Wallace, then limping around the apron of the track with a tire going down while he made his way back to the pits. I feel like modern day officiating would have robbed that exciting finish from us because NASCAR is so quick to throw the yellow nowadays with their preference to "stack up the field" with a double file restart instead of letting things play out naturally.

Also, I love DW, but watching this race also reminds me of how annoying he could be in the booth at times.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
#9 team will be looking for their first win and redemption from last season.

Darlington 1, while having the best car with the freshest tires, they got walled by the #18.

Darlington 2, while in the lead they got walled by the #19.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Watching 2003 Darlington at the moment, one of the greatest finishes in NASCAR history, and I am reminded of Gordon hitting the wall with 10 to go, getting hit in the back by Kenny Wallace, then limping around the apron of the track with a tire going down while he made his way back to the pits. I feel like modern day officiating would have robbed that exciting finish from us because NASCAR is so quick to throw the yellow nowadays with their preference to "stack up the field" with a double file restart instead of letting things play out naturally.

Also, I love DW, but watching this race also reminds me of how annoying he could be in the booth at times.
back to back races on FS1 tonight :punkrocke

2 Sweet

Legend

Darlington 1, while having the best car with the freshest tires, they got walled by the #18.

Chase and the Hendrick boys always seem to get screwed by the 11/18/19 :mad:

Yet another reason why I can't stand that trio.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
Chase and the Hendrick boys always seem to get screwed by the 11/18/19 :mad:

Yet another reason why I can't stand that trio.
Just remembered this is Darlington 2 & 3 rather that 1 & 2. Yeah, Chase had a rough stretch with those boys but got the ultimate win later.

Dr_B_UNC

Team Owner

And now I'm pissed off again. The world's greatest driver ever (just ask him) blatantly hooks the 9 head on into the wall IN THE MIDDLE OF A STRAIGHT, then quintessential MTJ with the "I can't believe someone wouldn't roll over and give me the lead with a handful to go because I'm MTJ" schtick. There's no explaining the KyBu incident unless he just flat out screwed up or it was malicious, neither will ever be admitted. As for MTJ, it's enraging because he would have gotten Chase anyway had he just been patient. He didn't need to ruin both their nights then whine.

Man, I love Darlington.

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
R-F members rated last year's three Darlington races at 8.69 (4th), 8.46 (7th), and 7.96 (14th). The first two were the first races after the season resumed, and the first without practice or qualifying.

The forecast for Sunday has been consistent: sunny, mid-80s.

Can't frickin' wait.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Never heard Suarez ever say anything bad about JGR. Have you? Queue the "family" rant.
Probably get the crying baby or some other nonsense but like I said, he isin't somebody who loves all things JGR like yourself and he wasn't happy with the 20 blocking him (that's the reality out of the bubble)

Daniel Suarez: "I never felt I had everything to win" at JGR​

Revman

TRD
Probably get the crying baby or some other nonsense but like I said, he isin't somebody who loves all things JGR like yourself and he wasn't happy with the 20 blocking him (that's the reality out of the bubble)

Daniel Suarez: "I never felt I had everything to win" at JGR​

I love Daniel. Good piece. If he actually wins in Cup, then he can look back and objectively evaluate whether or not he had what he needed. Must have been the same deal at SHR?

Top Bottom