Goodyear 400 @ Darlington

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
1620073959243.png

1620074031667.png

Watching 2003 Darlington at the moment, one of the greatest finishes in NASCAR history, and I am reminded of Gordon hitting the wall with 10 to go, getting hit in the back by Kenny Wallace, then limping around the apron of the track with a tire going down while he made his way back to the pits. I feel like modern day officiating would have robbed that exciting finish from us because NASCAR is so quick to throw the yellow nowadays with their preference to "stack up the field" with a double file restart instead of letting things play out naturally.

Also, I love DW, but watching this race also reminds me of how annoying he could be in the booth at times.

#9 team will be looking for their first win and redemption from last season.

Darlington 1, while having the best car with the freshest tires, they got walled by the #18.

Darlington 2, while in the lead they got walled by the #19.

Watching 2003 Darlington at the moment, one of the greatest finishes in NASCAR history, and I am reminded of Gordon hitting the wall with 10 to go, getting hit in the back by Kenny Wallace, then limping around the apron of the track with a tire going down while he made his way back to the pits. I feel like modern day officiating would have robbed that exciting finish from us because NASCAR is so quick to throw the yellow nowadays with their preference to "stack up the field" with a double file restart instead of letting things play out naturally.

Also, I love DW, but watching this race also reminds me of how annoying he could be in the booth at times.
back to back races on FS1 tonight :punkrocke

Darlington 1, while having the best car with the freshest tires, they got walled by the #18.

Chase and the Hendrick boys always seem to get screwed by the 11/18/19 :mad:

Yet another reason why I can't stand that trio.

Chase and the Hendrick boys always seem to get screwed by the 11/18/19 :mad:

Yet another reason why I can't stand that trio.
Just remembered this is Darlington 2 & 3 rather that 1 & 2. Yeah, Chase had a rough stretch with those boys but got the ultimate win later.

And now I'm pissed off again. The world's greatest driver ever (just ask him) blatantly hooks the 9 head on into the wall IN THE MIDDLE OF A STRAIGHT, then quintessential MTJ with the "I can't believe someone wouldn't roll over and give me the lead with a handful to go because I'm MTJ" schtick. There's no explaining the KyBu incident unless he just flat out screwed up or it was malicious, neither will ever be admitted. As for MTJ, it's enraging because he would have gotten Chase anyway had he just been patient. He didn't need to ruin both their nights then whine.

Man, I love Darlington.

R-F members rated last year's three Darlington races at 8.69 (4th), 8.46 (7th), and 7.96 (14th). The first two were the first races after the season resumed, and the first without practice or qualifying.

The forecast for Sunday has been consistent: sunny, mid-80s.

Can't frickin' wait.

Keselowski has the knack for this iRacing, running 3rd so far at Darlingon, never practices.

Smokey Robinson is singing the national anthem this Sunday. He looks amazing for being past 80. Now there was some good music. :cool:

Smokey Robinson is singing the national anthem this Sunday. He looks amazing for being past 80. Now there was some good music. :cool:
The guy from Deep Purple did a hell of a job singing it for the iRace heck of a voice.

Suarez wasn't too happy with the 20 at Kansas and he isn't somebody who loves all things JGR.
Never heard Suarez ever say anything bad about JGR. Have you? Queue the "family" rant.

Never heard Suarez ever say anything bad about JGR. Have you? Queue the "family" rant.
Probably get the crying baby or some other nonsense but like I said, he isin't somebody who loves all things JGR like yourself and he wasn't happy with the 20 blocking him (that's the reality out of the bubble)

Daniel Suarez: "I never felt I had everything to win" at JGR​

Probably get the crying baby or some other nonsense but like I said, he isin't somebody who loves all things JGR like yourself and he wasn't happy with the 20 blocking him (that's the reality out of the bubble)

Daniel Suarez: "I never felt I had everything to win" at JGR​

I love Daniel. Good piece. If he actually wins in Cup, then he can look back and objectively evaluate whether or not he had what he needed. Must have been the same deal at SHR?

I love Daniel. Good piece. If he actually wins in Cup, then he can look back and objectively evaluate whether or not he had what he needed. Must have been the same deal at SHR?
You've drifted off subject once more.

I did a quick google search and only thing I could find was "reduced capacity".

Southern 500 on Labor Day weekend will be full capacity though :cool:
Yeah, 'reduced capacity' was all I could find too, and that was from February. I'm trying to figure out how full the parking lot will be.

Back
Top Bottom