Gordon's Statement during the 600 is too telling

You went from talking about a new car today, to throwing out quick facts about cars from over a decade ago. Can you do this without moving the goalposts?
It's been a moving of the goalposts the whole time to where there's zero cohesive argument and the only thing I can personally get from this conversation anymore is somebody repeatedly saying, "I'm mad".

I can't believe you guys a spending so much time with this guy. It's a lost cause.

You don't seem to understand that just like in F1, NASCAR teams are constantly in development, and although it's not a "new car" each year like F1, the cars are different enough year over year to effectively be "new". Like, a Gibbs car in 2021 is going to have a lot of different tricks and findings under the skin that you can't see on TV compared to a 2018, 2019, 2020 car, as engineers find small gains in different areas of the car and NASCAR closes loopholes. Look at SHR losing their wheel well advantage this year causing them to lose downforce. Their 2021 car is a "new" car because of that.

In regards to the bolded text above, I recommend an idea for you called "letting things go".
Yeah, I do get that...and you would understand that ALL of the F1 cars are new every year...Right?

I truly appreciate your concern for how I interface with this forum, but trust me when I tell you that I am fine. Very kind of you.

You went from talking about a new car today, to throwing out quick facts about cars from over a decade ago. Can you do this without moving the goalposts?
I'm not alone in this...right? I have seen other replies that reference back in the day stuff....but whatever.

It's been a moving of the goalposts the whole time to where there's zero cohesive argument and the only thing I can personally get from this conversation anymore is somebody repeatedly saying, "I'm mad".
I 100% am not.....and I have really enjoyed this. Truly. While I categorically disagree with just about 100% of what has been said contrary to my opinion, I do enjoy the back and forth. It's what makes this sport great.

I can't believe you guys a spending so much time with this guy. It's a lost cause.
I don't think it's ever a lost cause to interact with people who love this sport. Just because we don't see eye to eye....I promise you, we could sit together at a race and have a fantastic time. I'd buy the beer. That's how I roll.....

I don't think it's ever a lost cause to interact with people who love this sport. Just because we don't see eye to eye....I promise you, we could sit together at a race and have a fantastic time. I'd buy the beer. That's how I roll.....
You can by all of the ice cold beer you want and I will probably drink it... but if you start babbling and whining like you do here then I'm moving down a few seats....and I'm taking a couple of beers with me for having to listen to it..

You can by all of the ice cold beer you want and I will probably drink it... but if you start babbling and whining then I'm moving down a few seats....and I'm taking a couple of beers with me for having to listen to it..
I seriously doubt that. I have never had an issue with anybody I have ever sat with, and have made many, many friends after having done so....most of them driver-centric or fans of other OEMs....but if you move, there will ALWAYS be somebody to take your place. I love this sport, and I love the fanbase.

I seriously doubt that. I have never had an issue with anybody I have ever sat with, and have made many, many friends after having done so....most of them driver-centric or fans of other OEMs....but if you move, there will ALWAYS be somebody to take your place. I love this sport, and I love the fanbase.
If I didn't type so fast I wouldn't have missed the u in "buy" and the "smiley face" in that post and you would have known I was just kidding. The big difference between you and I is you take everything so serious as a fan and I don't. I quit taking it serious the day I retired from the sport and became just a fan. Now if you ever come to a race in California again then I will be glad to buy you a beer if I'm there.:cheers:

If I didn't type so fast I wouldn't have missed the u in buy and the smiley face in that post and you would have known I was just kidding. The big difference between you and I is you take everything so serious as a fan and I don't. I quit taking it serious the day I retired from the sport and became just a fan. Now if you ever come to a race in California again then I will be glad to buy you a beer if I'm there.:cheers:
I hear you man. I certainly do take it seriously....but in a fun way I think. In person, I am like a kid on Christmas morning. Would love to have a beer with you man.

Back
Top Bottom