Gordon's Statement during the 600 is too telling

BREAKING: Larry Mac just said that Jay Fabian told all of Chevy to not bring the nose from Nashville to Pocono--or anywhere else for that matter. The reason? BONDO! Did you hear me @StandOnIt? B-O-N-D-O! My God....a whole new car, and Chevy still has to pull this ****! OUTSTANDING! Let's hope it matters this weekend!

Gordon forgot the 13 year run Chevy went on didn't he?
Chevy’s run is brought to you by drivers like Dale Earnhardt, Darrell Waltrip, Jeff Gordon, Terry Labonte, Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart, and Kevin Harvick. Literally some of the best drivers the sport has ever seen. Unlike today, it’s not all car. Chevy’s history at recruiting the best talent in NASCAR has been critical to their success.

Chevy’s run is brought to you by drivers like Dale Earnhardt, Darrell Waltrip, Jeff Gordon, Terry Labonte, Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart, and Kevin Harvick. Literally some of the best drivers the sport has ever seen. Unlike today, it’s not all car. Chevy’s history at recruiting the best talent in NASCAR has been critical to their success.
Never seen one drive itself yet

Unlike today, it’s not all car.
Then, I would think that a car build to this rules package would be pretty critical today. Larson is pretty good though...

and that’s their own fault.
BS. Three manufacturers with all new cars for one year. Good idea for the sport? Probably not. Throw Chevy the bone--NASCAR changed the rules for them....but then let's change the rules for the guys trying to catch up too. Shall we? I think Fabian might be trying to help with banning the Nashville BONDO noses so that's a start.

There was absolutely nothing preventing Ford or Toyota teams from attempting the exact same thing Chevy teams did over the offseason. Your claim is that NASCAR wants teams to shorten spending and that Chevy spent more to build a car for this season’s package while Ford and Toyota didn’t. As if Ford and Toyota listened to NASCAR’s request while Chevy didn’t.

Am I correct in this?

BS. Three manufacturers with all new cars for one year. Good idea for the sport? Probably not. Throw Chevy the bone--NASCAR changed the rules for them....but then let's change the rules for the guys trying to catch up too. Shall we? I think Fabian might be trying to help with banning the Nashville BONDO noses so that's a start.
Your mistaken. Nascar didn't change any rules. They brought the cars to the wind tunnel (which they do on occasion) and the Chevy's aero numbers were the worst of all three. In turn they allowed Chevy to make aero changes. I posted that a few pages back as you continue to spiral around in a continuous circle.

There was absolutely nothing preventing Ford or Toyota teams from attempting the exact same thing Chevy teams did over the offseason. Your claim is that NASCAR wants teams to shorten spending and that Chevy spent more to build a car for this season’s package while Ford and Toyota didn’t. As if Ford and Toyota listened to NASCAR’s request while Chevy didn’t.

Am I correct in this?
Well, nothing other than the fact that attempting the same thing could mean a death spiral fo the sport. Why Next Gen? Well, because the OEMs agree that spending needs to be reigned in. Apparently, Chevy changed their minds. Why? Because their first shot at it in '18 was pathetic.

Your mistaken. Nascar didn't change any rules. They brought the cars to the wind tunnel (which they do on occasion) and the Chevy's aero numbers were the worst of all three. In turn they allowed Chevy to make aero changes. I posted that a few pages back as you continue to spiral around in a continuous circle.
Yeah, a whole new car is a pretty big "aero change." LOL. Why were Chevy's numbers bad? Betcha the TRD and Ford Performance engineers in attendance knew, and had a great laugh walking out. Chevy embarrassed themselves. There were consequences, but short term. Until Fabian stung them with their BONDO games, it was clear sailing. A new car AND cheating? Just wow.

Yeah, a whole new car is a pretty big "aero change." LOL. Why were Chevy's numbers bad? Betcha the TRD and Ford Performance engineers in attendance knew, and had a great laugh walking out. Chevy embarrassed themselves. There were consequences, but short term. Until Fabian stung them with their BONDO games, it was clear sailing. A new car AND cheating? Just wow.
I must have missed it, did FORD and TOYOTA see CHEVROLET numbers?

Did anyone check on @Revman after the race to see if he had a meltdown out after MY chevys kicked ass today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle Busch lead the most laps today, held off Kyle Larson with four fresh tires at one point, and basically had the car to beat but got behind on track position. Aero games won the day.

But tell me again about how Chevy has such a distinct advantage.

JGR isn’t winning but that gap is closing each weekend.

Did anyone check on @Revman after the race to see if he had a meltdown out after MY chevys kicked ass today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Revman is good. Chevys weren't allowed to cheat (thank you Jay Fabian), and MY Toyotas took a step. Back in the hunt until my boy Jay finds the next thing that Chevy is doing to find performance in those pieces of **** Camaros. WE have some hope!

Kyle Busch lead the most laps today, held off Kyle Larson with four fresh tires at one point, and basically had the car to beat but got behind on track position. Aero games won the day.

But tell me again about how Chevy has such a distinct advantage.

JGR isn’t winning but that gap is closing each weekend.
My boy Jay took the BONDO away, and TRD took a step. The astute NASCAR observer would know that in an interview with Kelly Crandall, David Wilson said they moved up enhancements 2-3 weeks out to right ****** now. All hands on deck! MY boys are coming!

I think he is working on an "as Rev sees it" to the tweet above from Pockrass.
Did you hear what Jeff Andrews said? Do you know who Jeff Andrews is? Nevermind, you won't reply.

My boy Jay took the BONDO away, and TRD took a step. The astute NASCAR observer would know that in an interview with Kelly Crandall, David Wilson said they moved up enhancements 2-3 weeks out to right ****** now. All hands on deck! MY boys are coming!
NASCAR didn’t issue a single order to Chevy or HMS to change anything for the race today lol.

Although I’m glad you’re finally realizing that racing advantages aren’t set in stone in the summer.

I was always a Hendrick guy except I was a 5 fan, and then 88. Being for HMS for years and years but never really a 24 or 48 guy - which was where most of the winning was. But still, all in for HMS and the Chevy stable.

After Dale retired it was weird for a while. Liked Alex in the 88. Like Blaney but a Penske Ford just doesn’t feel right. So for this year, I was stoked the 5 was gonna race again - but Larson, as good as he is, just seems bland. Meanwhile the 88 becomes the 48 and it feels right.

It’s been a good time when Alex and wins after the show today, it’s clear - the 48 is my car now. Declaring it here, seems as good a place as any. 😁

Bondo huh? Toyota being beat at their own game it seems.

Bondo huh? Toyota being beat at their own game it seems.
Well, I guess that's how some might spin it. Really, all of the spending, cheating, blah, blah, blah....It's all Toyota's fault. All of it. Even aero push.

I was always a Hendrick guy except I was a 5 fan, and then 88. Being for HMS for years and years but never really a 24 or 48 guy - which was where most of the winning was. But still, all in for HMS and the Chevy stable.

After Dale retired it was weird for a while. Liked Alex in the 88. Like Blaney but a Penske Ford just doesn’t feel right. So for this year, I was stoked the 5 was gonna race again - but Larson, as good as he is, just seems bland. Meanwhile the 88 becomes the 48 and it feels right.

It’s been a good time when Alex and wins after the show today, it’s clear - the 48 is my car now. Declaring it here, seems as good a place as any. 😁
Get a tattoo.

NASCAR didn’t issue a single order to Chevy or HMS to change anything for the race today lol.

Although I’m glad you’re finally realizing that racing advantages aren’t set in stone in the summer.
They did with the Twisted Sister, and I betcha you won't find that documented either--except with Evernham quips. You know how this works. NASCAR goes all official, and then guys like me squeal for DQ's which they will never do. When I realize something, I will let you know. No inference necessary with me.

A new car. That is what is different. Everybody builds a new car for one year, and we are looking like F1 excess, and nobody wants to go there. Chevy should have just took their medicine for building a piece of **** in '18.....and at the very least, Toyota and Ford should be able to fight back. So, EXACTLY what I want is NASCAR to open things for development. up so this doesn't become a complete joke. What I want is Chevy to build a car to the same rules package as its competitors. Is Chevy's **** really together? A huge advantage with the new car......and we all know that. Why is this so hard to acknowledge? I really don't get it.

Let me add another thing....Do you remember the **** I listened to in '19 when Toyota was crushing everybody? Where is that now? Where? Do you see the same bias I do? I mean come on....If I am going to listen to Bondo this and Bondo that, then isn't it fair to remind everybody of the insane advantage Chevy has? BTW....this is not the year to measure Chevy's reorganization. Next year will be very, very interesting, however.
You don't seem to understand that just like in F1, NASCAR teams are constantly in development, and although it's not a "new car" each year like F1, the cars are different enough year over year to effectively be "new". Like, a Gibbs car in 2021 is going to have a lot of different tricks and findings under the skin that you can't see on TV compared to a 2018, 2019, 2020 car, as engineers find small gains in different areas of the car and NASCAR closes loopholes. Look at SHR losing their wheel well advantage this year causing them to lose downforce. Their 2021 car is a "new" car because of that.

In regards to the bolded text above, I recommend an idea for you called "letting things go".

They did with the Twisted Sister, and I betcha you won't find that documented either--except with Evernham quips.
You went from talking about a new car today, to throwing out quick facts about cars from over a decade ago. Can you do this without moving the goalposts?

Back
Top Bottom