Hamlin tweets on how to fix the cars/attendance

If races are shortened track attendance will suffer. Ticket prices are just part of the equation. I'm not a fan of Loudon but racing at Dover is good. Splitting expenses, gas, food, lodging.....and beer between 3 or 4 guys to go watch a 2.5 hour race? Seeya at Hooters!

Does NASCAR really want to go into the Land of Eco-Hippies and fight the locals -- for the right to unnecessarily burn fuel and make deafening noise at a track that was carved out of Mother Earth?

Yes ....... they can put the blame squarely on Kyle Busch and get rid of him for good :beerbang:

Broken record on my side...give fans a real connection to the sport and they will go to the races and watch on TV. By connection I mean either through sponsors, drivers, manufacturers or teams. There has been several years over the decades that I just watched NASCAR, but wasn't fully engaged. This year on Monday, I am already looking forward to the next race. The main reason is that I have known the Blaney family as racers since the 60's and now that Ryan is racing in the big show I have a real connection that I am passionate about. If Ryan was to lose his ride, I would go back to being more passive about NASCAR until I had another real connection. Over the years for various reasons I connected with Cale Yarborough, Tim Richmond, Alan Kulwicki, Ted Musgrave, Dave Blaney and now Ryan.

I say crap on the 2.5 hour race length. Now that I am retired, weeknight races are fine, but don't drop 4 races...because knowing NASCAR those would probably be some of my favorite races they would drop.

This is almost word for word the same story as mine!
We must be neighbors! LOL

Formula One has 20 races, Indy Car has 17 races. I think we're doing pretty well for a 36 race schedule. As I've stated before the overly long seasons of NASCAR, NHL and NBA have lost attendance in recent years

Oh Denny. shm. Why why why? Just drive the car.
And Brad? After last year's All Star race, your vague answer is understandable and acceptable.
NASCAR doesn't need to "do" anything.
They need to undo.

1. More stock appearing cars (probably not gonna happen)
2. More adjustability for handling, tuning, gearing (not gonna happen)
3. Bring back short tracks. Wilkesboro and The Rock (never gonna happen)
4. (BONUS) Have Lisa replace Brian!!!!!!!

Reactions: Pat
Get the cars off the ground and cap the race time at 2.5 hours sound perfect. The weeknight thing would be interesting but I think maybe Denny just wants some weekends off.

They literally can't give tickets away for the race and they used to have to hold a lottery to dole them out.
Some "traditions" need to die and next year's running would wrap up a quarter century of something that has run it's course.

Formula One has 20 races, Indy Car has 17 races. I think we're doing pretty well for a 36 race schedule. As I've stated before the overly long seasons of NASCAR, NHL and NBA have lost attendance in recent years
NASCAR won't trim the schedule until the TV contract runs out but they could easily manage to drop 6-8 races and I agree that the NHL and NBA could trim their schedules as well. I'm not even going to address MLB and their ridiculous 162 game marathon.

Weeknight race makes the most sense to me.

I stopped watching races for a while now because there is so much more I would rather be doing with my sunday afternoons in the summer, instead of watching this gong show they call racing.

Back
Top Bottom