Harvick ... One more and out.

He probably talking about hoping to win Bristol when the dirt is down.
Could be. Dirt wasn't in my playbook for Harvick when he was announcing his retirement. I don't think of dirt and Harvick in the same sentence :D

Kevin is the last active Cup driver who started his career before I was born. I only started watching in 2016 but I think I still got to see him in his prime.
Hopefully he can get a few wins in his final season.

Zane Smith maybe?
Making me feel old.

He certainly was one of the drivers / Superstars from when I first became a fan.

No disrespect to the stars of the 80s, 90s and today, but the crop of drivers from 1999-2005... Their prime years from 2005-2013 (pre playoffs) was peak nascar. It's sad they're all retired.

NASCAR is still great today, and there is some decent personalities in the sport, but I don't think the cup series has ever been as talented as it was from 2000-2015.

There was so much championship caliber talent and not enough championships

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

There’s some personalities like Ty Gibbs, Zane Smith, Bubba Wallace still but I fully agree.
I think even the younger NASCAR drivers generally have more interesting personalities than most F1 drivers.
All F1 drivers (except maybe Alonso and Hamilton) have extremely boring personalities but apparently Netflix manages to make them appear interesting.

Like I said in the pre Harvick retirement thread, I am not really surprised , some of the interviews he gave this you could just sort of tell he was ready to hang it up. Id like to see him get at least a few more wins this year.

Sad that we are losing two veterans in a span of a couple of years, first Busch , now Harvick , him being the last Cup driver that was racing in the 90's ( Truck Series) when I started watching, sigh, starting to feel a bit old here.

I've been pretty much offline and for the most part and when I turned on XM NASCAR this morning to the Daniel Trotta and Larry Mac show it sounded like Trotta was eulogizing Harvick for the first 5 minuets of her monologue, using every comment about him in the past tense and Literally for those few minuets I thought he was dead. Her delivery was somber and full of memories then FINALLY she mentioned his interview he just had with Moody about his retirement. I had to turn it off, it was so over the top.

The Closer. It's the end of an era my friends, I'm glad Harvick's going into the booth with Bowyer though, he's been good in there and Keelan coming up the ranks might even get to announce for him years down the road.

That's one of my favorites as well. Harvick was fast up top all day long that day but in what was his typical fashion in the 29, he didn't lead till the last lap.

The Closer. It's the end of an era my friends, I'm glad Harvick's going into the booth with Bowyer though, he's been good in there and Keelan coming up the ranks might even get to announce for him years down the road.

So pissed that day. @StandOnIt boy dominated the **** out of that race, and lost some of the handle at the end. Eddie D'Hondt referred to his experience of spotting that race for Kyle as "being in the presence of greatness." Anyway, kind of forgot Harv's great drive on that day.

Was just listening to stacking pennies and Kevin made it very clear that at the end of the year he'll be done making cup starts. Said doing that and keeping the legacy is important to him

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Harv has done well, he's been the number one driver everywhere he went. Long term marriage, two good kids, owns a sports management company, and he recently bought a stake in a racing series and I bet he gets a lot of TV time announcing Nascar races. There is plenty there for haters to be jealous of lol.

Harv has done well, he's been the number one driver everywhere he went. Long term marriage, two good kids, owns a sports management company, and he recently bought a stake in a racing series and I bet he gets a lot of TV time announcing Nascar races. There is plenty there for haters to be jealous of lol.
If this is directed at me, Hell yes I’m jealous of him. I’m jealous of EVERY driver out there. But his childish antics and attempts to be a “tough” guy have never sat well with me. No class until recently when he seems to have grown up. Then Chase brought it all out again and led to his hilarious self destruction at Charlotte. Epic day.

Back
Top Bottom