Has Joey Logano Passed By Kyle Busch As Nascar's Most Hated Driver?

I think people are about 50/50 on that. I actually think they're both to blame for what transpired last fall, Joey for being overly aggressive for a win he didn't really need, and Matt for going too far in his retaliation.
I didnt know there was such thing as a win you dont need.. pretty sure most race car drivers with that attitude wouldnt make it to the cup series to begin with lol

Johali doesn't hate any driver to the best of my knowledge although I think he might like to take Kyle Busch out to the woodshed and teach him some manners.

Unfortunately that win cost him the championship, hope it was worth it.

Even though it is difficult to do it is sometimes better to lose a battle and have a chance to win the war. No matter how people feel about the JLo/Kenseth incident no one can deny that JLo cost himself a shot at the championship by moving Kenseth that day.

good thing his accelerator wasn't stuck too like when Truex hit Kahne at Martinsville

Even though it is difficult to do it is sometimes better to lose a battle and have a chance to win the war. No matter how people feel about the JLo/Kenseth incident no one can deny that JLo cost himself a shot at the championship by moving Kenseth that day.
I have to agree with Sliced Bread...... had Joey just run around in the tracks of Kenseth and not tried to win..... that would have been disappointing.... every race is a potential for a driver.... no matter if they are locked into this stupid chase deal or not....... all this Chase deal does it encouraging sandbagging once a driver is locked in...... Joey wasn't happy with that...... as it well should be......

Joey didn't cost himself the Championship that day....... he drove the race he should....... Matt Kenseth cost Joey the Championship by acting like the spoiled Brat he evidently is...... The retaliation was totally uncalled for..... this really surprised me to see Matt act like a second grader on the playground..... I always liked Matt..... no more...... I wouldn't walk across the street to spit on him if he was on fire.......

***** losers giftwrap wins to other drivers because they don't "need" it. I could never root for a bitchboy driver that would do something like that.
Exactly right, FL.

I have to agree with Sliced Bread...... had Joey just run around in the tracks of Kenseth and not tried to win..... that would have been disappointing.... every race is a potential for a driver.... no matter if they are locked into this stupid chase deal or not....... all this Chase deal does it encouraging sandbagging once a driver is locked in...... Joey wasn't happy with that...... as it well should be......

Joey didn't cost himself the Championship that day....... he drove the race he should....... Matt Kenseth cost Joey the Championship by acting like the spoiled Brat he evidently is...... The retaliation was totally uncalled for..... this really surprised me to see Matt act like a second grader on the playground..... I always liked Matt..... no more...... I wouldn't walk across the street to spit on him if he was on fire.......

I agree with you as a racer should always want to win and do everything to win. Unfortunately with the chase in place once you have a win in the first 26 or in 1 of the chase segments ruffling feathers can be the worst long term strategy.

***** losers giftwrap wins to other drivers because they don't "need" it. I could never root for a bitchboy driver that would do something like that.

With Nascar's rules it may cause a driver in JLo's position to think long and hard about rattling someone's in the future. Kenseth was able to wreck JLo and didn't really pay a meaningful price for doing so.

Does+not+compute+am+i+the+only+one+having+trouble_bb96fc_4292074.gif

Bucky Brad and JLo can crawl back under that rock they came from. Very hateable.

What I like about Nascar. Forty different drivers. Forty different personalities . Forty different skill sets. All competing for every point they can get on the track .

Ever since he wreked Denny Hamlin that time a few years ago and Hamlin got hurt I actually started seeing people like him. Me included but by now his nonsense has kind of eroded all that good will. Nascar has so many drivers that make me sick. Hamlin,Edwards, Kenseth, Stewart, Biffle, Danica, Stenhouse and Keselowski are all the drivers I just can not stand. It is hard to watch a cup race because one of these guys will usually win. I miss Rusty Wallace, mark martin, harry gant and many others. Back when you could actually respect the drivers.

Kenseth was able to wreck JLo and didn't really pay a meaningful price for doing so.
Not yet anyway. What goes around can come around, and if Kenseth is ever in a position to win the championship, it wouldn't surprise me if Logano purposely takes Kenseth out as payback for what Kenseth did to Logano.

When a younger guy starts to upset the apple cart with regularity, he invariably faces a backlash. Everyone already has a favorite driver, and a sense of loyalty to their guy. When a newer guy starts grabbing a lot of trophies, that is not a welcome development. The first couple wins by a new guy are fine, but if it gets to be a regular thing, there will be animosity. And double that if the new guy seems a bit ****y. Then triple it if the young gun is an outsider, not from the bloodlines of an established Nascar family.

It has always been this way. DW became a prolific race winner, and detractors called him "Jaws," but Lennie Pond escaped the wrath. Pond beat DW for ROTY honors in 1973, but he only won one race in a career of largely mediocre results. Rusty Wallace got the same treatment as DW, while Greg Sacks (one career win) did not.

Dale Earnhardt. Jeff Gordon. Jimmie Johnson. Kyle Bush. Brad Keselowski. They all got showered with abuse from fans because they all committed the sin of grabbing too many trophies and championships. Logano has not yet amassed a Hall of Fame career, but he seems to be on his way, with 12 wins and 52 top-5's in the last three years. He led the league last year with six wins, and the year before that, his five wins trailed only his teammate Kez.

Talladega last fall... Logano is showered with beer cans after his win. Why? Because his win meant Dale Jr did not win, and Dale Jr owns Talladega, and owns Nascar too, by and large. The week after, when Kenseth put him in the wall, Logano was on his way to his fourth consecutive victory. What a f*&king punk!

One more thing, Logano drives a Ford. Manufacturer brands are not supported with the passion there used to be, but there are plenty of fans who still care to some degree. Chevy fans massively outnumber Ford fans. Haven't you noticed Junior drives a Chevy? And Jeff Gordon? Right there you have 70-80% of Nascar fans, I'd guess. Don't forget JJ, and Senior too. All the cool guys drive Chevy.

When Joey was in the 20 he got pushed around and taken advantage of on a week to week basis because he would allow it.

Now that Joeys not taking it anymore, and has even begun to give it out. Everybody wants to cry.

Classic story of the young boy in the schoolyard getting picked on by the big bad bully. Young boy has finally had enough, stands up to the bully, and as it turned out the big bad bully is the biggest crybaby of them all.---- hey denny

Last edited:

Matt Kenseth wasn't mad that Joey Logano wrecked him, he was mad about how douchey Joey acted afterwards. It's not any big secret that Logano hasn't earned a ton of respect from anybody.

He's the most aggressive racer in the garage, but if someone races him hard, he's the first person who cries about it. He doesn't show any respect to others on or off the track but demands the respect he doesn't give. And, when other drivers to show him respect and race him hard but clean, he ****mouths them in interviews.

This is the same person who attempted to wreck Mark Martin on a straightaway at Pocono before Mark decided to just let Logano go by because it wasn't worth it.

If Joey Logano wants to be the villain, that's fine. If he wants to be the guy who wins a bunch of races and doesn't need respect because he has trophies, that's fine. But, you can't go out and race too aggressively and not show respect, and then demand respect from everyone else.

Brad Keselowski relishes in the role of villain. He loves it. Joey Logano and Kyle Busch don't like the boos. That's why Kyle Busch is finally maturing.

When a younger guy starts to upset the apple cart with regularity, he invariably faces a backlash. Everyone already has a favorite driver, and a sense of loyalty to their guy. When a newer guy starts grabbing a lot of trophies, that is not a welcome development. The first couple wins by a new guy are fine, but if it gets to be a regular thing, there will be animosity. And double that if the new guy seems a bit ****y. Then triple it if the young gun is an outsider, not from the bloodlines of an established Nascar family.

It has always been this way. DW became a prolific race winner, and detractors called him "Jaws," but Lennie Pond escaped the wrath. Pond beat DW for ROTY honors in 1973, but he only won one race in a career of largely mediocre results. Rusty Wallace got the same treatment as DW, while Greg Sacks (one career win) did not.

Dale Earnhardt. Jeff Gordon. Jimmie Johnson. Kyle Bush. Brad Keselowski. They all got showered with abuse from fans because they all committed the sin of grabbing too many trophies and championships. Logano has not yet amassed a Hall of Fame career, but he seems to be on his way, with 12 wins and 52 top-5's in the last three years. He led the league last year with six wins, and the year before that, his five wins trailed only his teammate Kez.

Talladega last fall... Logano is showered with beer cans after his win. Why? Because his win meant Dale Jr did not win, and Dale Jr owns Talladega, and owns Nascar too, by and large. The week after, when Kenseth put him in the wall, Logano was on his way to his fourth consecutive victory. What a f*&king punk!

One more thing, Logano drives a Ford. Manufacturer brands are not supported with the passion there used to be, but there are plenty of fans who still care to some degree. Chevy fans massively outnumber Ford fans. Haven't you noticed Junior drives a Chevy? And Jeff Gordon? Right there you have 70-80% of Nascar fans, I'd guess. Don't forget JJ, and Senior too. All the cool guys drive Chevy.
:confused: :XXROFL::XXROFL:

He's the most aggressive racer in the garage, but if someone races him hard, he's the first person who cries about it. He doesn't show any respect to others on or off the track but demands the respect he doesn't give. And, when other drivers to show him respect and race him hard but clean, he ****mouths them in interviews.
Andy, what evidence do you have to support any of those accusations? Videos? Interviews of whining or ****mouthing? You may have some childhood ancient history - I don't know - but I am not aware of any examples from the last 3 or 4 years of any of those things. If you can support those accusations with evidence, I'm willing to change my mind and admit it. Otherwise, it's just empty talk.

I don't think that's always the case. If Chase Elliott starts ripping off wins this year, I don't think you'll see a ton of hate thrown his way.
I don't know about Chase Elliott. I did say the first couple wins are fine, but if it gets to be a regular thing, there will be animosity. So let's see what happens after Chase wins five or six races per year for a few years, and knocks Junior out of the Chase in a head-to-head battle.

But you may be right. Chase Elliott was born to Nascar royalty, and inherited a huge fan base, so his deal may be different. I hope he has the success so we will get to judge that.

Matt Kenseth wasn't mad that Joey Logano wrecked him, he was mad about how douchey Joey acted afterwards. It's not any big secret that Logano hasn't earned a ton of respect from anybody.

This is the same person who attempted to wreck Mark Martin on a straightaway at Pocono before Mark decided to just let Logano go by because it wasn't worth it.

If Joey Logano wants to be the villain, that's fine. If he wants to be the guy who wins a bunch of races and doesn't need respect because he has trophies, that's fine. But, you can't go out and race too aggressively and not show respect, and then demand respect from everyone else.

Brad Keselowski relishes in the role of villain. He loves it. Joey Logano and Kyle Busch don't like the boos. That's why Kyle Busch is finally maturing.

I wont argue the Kenseth deal, everybody knows Matt and Joey had to have done something to get him to react like that.

In response to the rest, there's 2 sides to every story. I understand the respect thing and all that. Its gotten to the point that its Penske vs The Garage. So Joey dumped 1 Gibbs Driver and Brad dumped 1 Hendrick Driver....whatever. Still doesn't make sense for them to get raced like they dumped all 38 drivers. That's why you see Joey complaining. He's wondering why he got 36 other guys hes got no history with calling for his head.... because Denny went and cried to his "text club" besties and now they've banded together like group of sorority sisters.

Last edited:
Andy, what evidence do you have to support any of those accusations? Videos? Interviews of whining or ****mouthing? You may have some childhood ancient history - I don't know - but I am not aware of any examples from the last 3 or 4 years of any of those things. If you can support those accusations with evidence, I'm willing to change my mind and admit it. Otherwise, it's just empty talk.

LOL, it's an internet forum, not a courtroom, troll.

You can go to YouTube and pull up the races, they're readily available to watch, troll. I don't much feel like watching videos for the next two hours because you and three other posters on here think every opinion you disagree with has to be posted with "evidence", troll.

LOL, it's an internet forum, not a courtroom, troll.

You can go to YouTube and pull up the races, they're readily available to watch, troll. I don't much feel like watching videos for the next two hours because you and three other posters on here think every opinion you disagree with has to be posted with "evidence", troll.
Andy, you and I both know that I am not a troll, so save that act for someone else. You allege certain patterns of Logano behavior, and I haven't seen it. You have no examples to cite, so it's just empty talk as far as I am concerned.

Jolo was an ass at the Ct tracks. His father was an even bigger ass. Lots of incidents.

Brads father got involved during the Edwards feud. "I'm not gonna let him kill my boy" then loganos dad had to be held back at some point and eventually removed from the pit area. That was when I started disliking both of them and I doubt I'll ever change my mind on that.

Right and Joeys no win streak since then is purely coincidental too.

No, Kyle is still by far the most hated. His antics will catch up with him someday. Even his team mates dont like him ( Carl)

I wont argue the Kenseth deal, everybody knows Matt and Joey had to have done something to get him to react like that.

In response to the rest, there's 2 sides to every story. I understand the respect thing and all that. Its gotten to the point that its Penske vs The Garage. So Joey dumped 1 Gibbs Driver and Brad dumped 1 Hendrick Driver....whatever. Still doesn't make sense for them to get raced like they dumped all 38 drivers. That's why you see Joey complaining. He's wondering why he got 36 other guys hes got no history with calling for his head.... because Denny went and cried to his "text club" besties and now they've banded together like group of sorority sisters.

Today, I learned that Denny leads and shapes all of the drivers thoughts with his twit.

Back
Top Bottom