Has Joey Logano Passed By Kyle Busch As Nascar's Most Hated Driver?

Logano is my most hated racer ... he comes off as a spoiled little douchy rich kid. He races the same way ... like he's an entitled little turd. Joey kept escalating the Kenseth thing too ... instead of talking with Matt about it he was heard gloating about spinning him out ... Dale Jr. among others said he disrespected Matt. He got what was coming to him when Matt retaliated.

i think people just got tired of hating Kyle, while they were hating he kept on winning and winning. as far as Joey's hatred, i don't get it, he does nothing that i see that every driver doesn't do. kinda like how Gordon was when he came in, was told how great he was going be and to me he was at one time the most hated driver ever, but after years, he turned around most fans, including myself, but in the booth, my hatred is coming back.

I hope you are right

I hope he's not. '08 Kyle yes. '16 Kyle no thanks.
If I had to choose it would be Kyle or Brad, but I feel like they both have chilled since last year. No thanks.
That leaves Joey, who is prob the legit most hated, but nobody wants to buy that. He's a dork through and through.
That leaves Nascar with no one and that gonna be a problem.

It's at the point where France gotta pull one out of McMahons playbook and do an old school wwf style heel turn to keep Nascar afloat. I'd take Dillon. Have him trash the legacy of his grandfather and the 3 car( chill out, its fake).
Producing the most hated driver of all time.

So drivers don't like Joey because he's full of himself? Well if they don't like it they should go out and beat him.
Those days are over bud. In today's Nascar if you don't like a driver, you kick him out of the driver text club.

It's at the point where France gotta pull one out of McMahons playbook and do an old school wwf style heel turn to keep Nascar afloat. I'd take Dillon. Have him trash the legacy of his grandfather and the 3 car( chill out, its fake).
Producing the most hated driver of all time.

What do you think it'll take? Drug scandal? Some Southern wife beating?

The possibilities are limitless.

From the article linked in the OP, the feedback from fans who don't like Logano is that he smiles too much and that is perceived as non-genuine. OK, that surprises me. I've seen Joey a handful of times on Race Hub, for example, and to me he seems entirely genuine in an "Aw Shucks" sort of way, very personable with a comfortable, self depreciating sense of humor. He is a bit dorky... Is that so bad? And isn't dorky genuine by definition? Who in Nascar would try to fake dorky, LOL?

To me, Kevin Harvick is the Nascar person who seems very non-genuine. I cringe when he pastes on his big smile, and repeats the script into the microphone. But that is just me.

In the Sprint Cup garage, there seem to be enough reports that a lot of people don't like Joey, so it must be true. But in the garage, we should not confuse affection with respect. I feel certain that the Nascar community recognizes that Joey is a very gifted racer, on the short list of elite drivers, and respects his speed and attitude and skill. And at the same time, some don't like Joey for whatever reason... too aggressive, or he wins too much, or his refusal to act with deference toward the aging veterans... or whatever.

Not yet anyway. What goes around can come around, and if Kenseth is ever in a position to win the championship, it wouldn't surprise me if Logano purposely takes Kenseth out as payback for what Kenseth did to Logano.

It would make sense as if all you are going to get is a 2 week vacation for some major payback then why not? If Nascar was serious about stopping driver retaliation they would have suspended Kenseth for 10 races or made him ineligible for the 2016 Cup.

I wont argue the Kenseth deal, everybody knows Matt and Joey had to have done something to get him to react like that.

In response to the rest, there's 2 sides to every story. I understand the respect thing and all that. Its gotten to the point that its Penske vs The Garage. So Joey dumped 1 Gibbs Driver and Brad dumped 1 Hendrick Driver....whatever. Still doesn't make sense for them to get raced like they dumped all 38 drivers. That's why you see Joey complaining. He's wondering why he got 36 other guys hes got no history with calling for his head.... because Denny went and cried to his "text club" besties and now they've banded together like group of sorority sisters.

Nascar drivers know who races fair and square and who doesn't so you do not have to have been involved in an altercation with a specific driver in order for him to not respect you. I have a friend who is a visible minority who is a great guy but I know another guy who dislikes him primarily because of the color of his skin. The guy has always treated me well but suffice it to say can't stand the guy for who he is.

And I'm sure the rest of them are very humble human beings with underprivileged childhoods as well.

I have always been one who believes that the average Nascar fan reads far more into driver relationships then warranted. Sure there may be some guys that get along better with some and less with others but the only time you are going to be with another driver is the pre-race meeting or if you are in the same driver intro vehicle. Most guys are not grudge holders either as once a dustup has happened you can move on and have a decent relationship. When I played hockey it wasn't unusual to fight a guy or be involved in some tough play and have a beer with him after the game.

From the article linked in the OP, the feedback from fans who don't like Logano is that he smiles too much and that is perceived as non-genuine. OK, that surprises me. I've seen Joey a handful of times on Race Hub, for example, and to me he seems entirely genuine in an "Aw Shucks" sort of way, very personable with a comfortable, self depreciating sense of humor. He is a bit dorky... Is that so bad? And isn't dorky genuine by definition? Who in Nascar would try to fake dorky, LOL?

To me, Kevin Harvick is the Nascar person who seems very non-genuine. I cringe when he pastes on his big smile, and repeats the script into the microphone. But that is just me.

In the Sprint Cup garage, there seem to be enough reports that a lot of people don't like Joey, so it must be true. But in the garage, we should not confuse affection with respect. I feel certain that the Nascar community recognizes that Joey is a very gifted racer, on the short list of elite drivers, and respects his speed and attitude and skill. And at the same time, some don't like Joey for whatever reason... too aggressive, or he wins too much, or his refusal to act with deference toward the aging veterans... or whatever.

I probably see and hear less of the drivers then anyone else here but some impressions of drivers I have heard. Harvick drips arrogance, Logano seems like a dork, Johnson seems philosophical and a pro, Kyle Busch seems insolent, Matt seems like he is never happy, Denny seems like he is on Quaaludes, BKez seems dumb, Danica says "umm" a lot and doesn't seem to be able to communicate a point concisely, Carl seems to be having fun and appreciative of his opportunities, Tony seems at odds with the world and Ryan Newman seems to be looking forward to retirement

When Joey was in the 20 he got pushed around and taken advantage of on a week to week basis because he would allow it.
Joey came up a year early because Tony left the 20 car. And he did get pushed around. I was happy to see him succeed in the 22 car. He seems to have picked up some of Kez aggressive driving style. He started out young like Kyle but Kyle has matured (marriage, owning a race team, and probably media coaching helped Kyle). Joey will learn how to drive with the other drivers otherwise he will get more Kenseth lessons.

Joey came up a year early because Tony left the 20 car. And he did get pushed around. I was happy to see him succeed in the 22 car. He seems to have picked up some of Kez aggressive driving style. He started out young like Kyle but Kyle has matured (marriage, owning a race team, and probably media coaching helped Kyle). Joey will learn how to drive with the other drivers otherwise he will get more Kenseth lessons.

JLo had to come to the 20 car a year earlier than expected due to Tony leaving to sync up with Gene Hass.

I'm a Kenseth fan, who is a northerner like myself. I'm not a Tony fan at all .. he's right up there with my most hated.

I'm a Kenseth fan, who is a northerner like myself. I'm not a Tony fan at all .. he's right up there with my most hated.

The funny thing is I know Tony to be a really good guy but with many of his antics he does not come off that way.

I have no idea why people still look at Harv that way. To me he lost all credibility last year with that shove from behind to brad last year.
1. Who shoves someone from the hips.
2. It was the weakest shove I have ever seen.
3. Lmao off at how he quickly disappeared after the sissy shove.
And

4. "I'm tired of Brad always running away and not standing face to face and taking what he deserves like a man." - said the guy who just did 1-3 like 20 minutes beforehand.

According to the linked article, market research says many fans regard Logano as non-genuine, and I've figured out why... It's that damned Coke bottle Joey is always sucking on. Almost all the drivers have a beverage deal, but Joey just seems obnoxious about featuring that Coke bottle in every TV sighting. It is awkward. It is forced. He needs to learn how to be casual and discrete with the Coke bottle. My $0.02.

According to the linked article, market research says many fans regard Logano as non-genuine, and I've figured out why... It's that damned Coke bottle Joey is always sucking on. Almost all the drivers have a beverage deal, but Joey just seems obnoxious about featuring that Coke bottle in every TV sighting. It is awkward. It is forced. He needs to learn how to be casual and discrete with the Coke bottle. My $0.02.
Can you feel it, can you feel it.....

I like Dale Jr. He has a unique role in Nascar, not of his own making, and he handles it very well, with class and a humble, down-to-earth demeanor. And he is a very good driver, and a great one on plate tracks.

Having said all that, the Cult of the Earnhardts is kinda creepy to me, like the Cult of Elvis or something.

FWIW, Nature Boy did explain that he mis-spoke in that post, intending to write, "I don't see why people don't like Keselowski and Logano honestly."

This is racing right? Who cares about these guys personalities I appreciate talent when I see it and like to see guys who wear their emotions on their sleeves because I do too. But most of all I want a driver who,drives balls out every race and is willing to do whatever it takes to win.

Never been of either Bush and by the looks of it I never will be. I am a big fan of Logano and his teammate.
Me too! Except all 4. Trying to figure out what you wrote there...I think you aren't a fan of the Busch Bros. I am and Log and Kez prolly make up my 4 faves

Be interesting to hear @Allenbaba s take on this. Who in universally liked in the Garage and who do people steer clear of?

Be interesting to hear @Allenbaba s take on this. Who in universally liked in the Garage and who do people steer clear of?
I don't really know how to answer that. There might be so many different answers for so many different drivers for so many different reasons that it's hard to generalize. I do know Joey can stand to earn some respect from the top drivers. It's not there yet. But at the same time...does someone like Brian Scott or Regan Smith have a problem with Joey? I doubt it...they're all rarely racing each other.

Most of the drivers get along well enough that there's not constantly tension. Very few socialize with other drivers away from the track (or even at the track). They all kinda exist in their own worlds. There are only a few "bromances" I know of. MTJ and Ryan Newman are really tight. Jr and MTJ are tight. Regan Smith and Paul Menard are really tight. Denny and Michael Waltrip are tight (if that counts). That's all that comes to mind off the top of my head. In all the years that I've had a close, personal relationship with Kurt, I've never known him once to do something with another driver that wasn't "part of the gig" (appearances, signings, charity etc). At the same time, every time I've been around him and lots of other drivers, there has always been lots of laughing, joking, or talking about strategy, etc.

In that respect, think of the drivers as employees of a typical, big, boring company that a lot of us have worked at. Some you don't like, but tolerate. Some you love. Some you respect and learn from. Some you hate but respect because you know they're a rainmaker. Some you wonder how they keep their job. Some you know nothing about. Etc. You say hi to everyone in the halls. You laugh together after dumb meetings, or dumb instructions from the boss. You might even have a company happy hour twice a year that a few go to, but the cool ones blow off. That's kinda the driver work life. They all coexist ok in the work environment. And then the weekend rolls around, and everyone can't wait to be with their own family and friends, etc. Only in NASCAR's case, it's the weekdays.

I don't really know how to answer that. There might be so many different answers for so many different drivers for so many different reasons that it's hard to generalize. I do know Joey can stand to earn some respect from the top drivers. It's not there yet. But at the same time...does someone like Brian Scott or Regan Smith have a problem with Joey? I doubt it...they're all rarely racing each other.

Most of the drivers get along well enough that there's not constantly tension. Very few socialize with other drivers away from the track (or even at the track). They all kinda exist in their own worlds. There are only a few "bromances" I know of. MTJ and Ryan Newman are really tight. Jr and MTJ are tight. Regan Smith and Paul Menard are really tight. Denny and Michael Waltrip are tight (if that counts). That's all that comes to mind off the top of my head. In all the years that I've had a close, personal relationship with Kurt, I've never known him once to do something with another driver that wasn't "part of the gig" (appearances, signings, charity etc). At the same time, every time I've been around him and lots of other drivers, there has always been lots of laughing, joking, or talking about strategy, etc.

In that respect, think of the drivers as employees of a typical, big, boring company that a lot of us have worked at. Some you don't like, but tolerate. Some you love. Some you respect and learn from. Some you hate but respect because you know they're a rainmaker. Some you wonder how they keep their job. Some you know nothing about. Etc. You say hi to everyone in the halls. You laugh together after dumb meetings, or dumb instructions from the boss. You might even have a company happy hour twice a year that a few go to, but the cool ones blow off. That's kinda the driver work life. They all coexist ok in the work environment. And then the weekend rolls around, and everyone can't wait to be with their own family and friends, etc. Only in NASCAR's case, it's the weekdays.

PURE gold! allen you are an asset here.....Kinda interesting that Joey has some work to do...I know Danica is still earning her stripes too.

PURE gold! allen you are an asset here.....Kinda interesting that Joey has some work to do...I know Danica is still earning her stripes too.
This is going to sound trolling...but it is what it is...I'm not sure Danica has earned any stripes, let alone "still earning." No one around the garage ever really talks about her. And when her name does get brought up, it's usually a few eye rolls, or a joke about something getting wrecked. Everyone knows she's a mediocre talent in a top ride because she's a marketing machine...and most just accept it and ignore it. Honestly...in all the circles I travel...I hear her name brought up about as much as I hear Brett Moffitt brought up.....not often. I think it's safe to say she's super relevant externally, and not at all relevant internally. Does that make sense? It's not even really meant as an "insult" whatsoever. I mean, 2/3 of the garage aren't too relevant externally, so there's that...

This is going to sound trolling...but it is what it is...I'm not sure Danica has earned any stripes, let alone "still earning." No one around the garage ever really talks about her. And when her name does get brought up, it's usually a few eye rolls, or a joke about something getting wrecked. Everyone knows she's a mediocre talent in a top ride because she's a marketing machine...and most just accept it and ignore it. Honestly...in all the circles I travel...I hear her name brought up about as much as I hear Brett Moffitt brought up.....not often. I think it's safe to say she's super relevant externally, and not at all relevant internally. Does that make sense? It's not even really meant as an "insult" whatsoever. I mean, 2/3 of the garage aren't too relevant externally, so there's that...

yeah... :( its not what I want to hear but I understand it. It will take some top 10 finishes and maybe a win to change this. Thanks again. *prayers*

And you @Allenbaba could never be a troll. Ive gained a ton of respect for you over the last year or so.

that said., I'd kill for a danica autograph

I knew you hated women.

Back
Top Bottom