Has Kevin Harvick (at age 43) Lost A Step?

I listened to the race on the radio but he seemed like he was running in the top 10 most of the day and didn't luck his way into that finish

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

As for Elliott vs Harvick, the notion that Chase is totally uneffected by Harvick's behavior is frankly absurd.

What is he, a robot? There's no question that Harvick is acting like an infant man child. But let's not pretend Chase, who's been harassed on track by someone who he has already had long lasting residual frustration towards, is suddenly no longer a human being effected by emotion, and frustrated by this ordeal, and hasn't perpetuated it in his own right.

Chase was petty on track at Bristol and post race at Roval. He loves the drama. He's not this stoic force of will that's the pinnical of calm/cool/collected. Nor is he THE model of how a champion handles a feud. That's boring.

As some have said, petty instigating frat bro Chase > Self loathing Chase.

Harvick is still capable of winning. But he's being ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

As for Elliott vs Harvick, the notion that Chase is totally uneffected by Harvick's behavior is frankly absurd.

What is he, a robot? There's no question that Harvick is acting like an infant man child. But let's not pretend Chase, who's been harassed on track by someone who he has already had long lasting residual frustration towards, is suddenly no longer a human being effected by emotion, and frustrated by this ordeal, and hasn't perpetuated it in his own right.

Chase was petty on track at Bristol and post race at Roval. He loves the drama. He's not this stoic force of will that's the pinnical of calm/cool/collected. Nor is he THE model of how a champion handles a feud. That's boring.

As some have said, petty instigating frat bro Chase > Self loathing Chase.

Harvick is still capable of winning. But he's being ridiculous.

The ONLY reason this whole thing has gone one SECOND past the discussion the two had after the race at Bristol is because Kevin won't LET it go. It was Kevin who ran his mouth the week after Bristol. It was Kevin who wrecked Chase at Charlotte, then ran his mouth in the interview after HE crashed. The ONLY reason Chase said a WORD about Kevin after Charlotte was Kevin's actions on track, and then once again Kevin ran his stupid mouth off after crashing himself and again today. If Chase was "petty" at all after Charlotte, it was ONLY because he had to answer reporters questions about the incident. If somebody would duct tape Kevin's mouth shut, it would be the last we ever hear of this deal. If you can show me ANY example of it bothering Chase, I'd LOVE to see it. Chase is just sitting back letting Kevin make an ass of himself once again.

Kevin’s just butthurt he hasn’t won a race. Needs to realize that even Earnhardt had a winless season.

I believe what Harvick said was after a three way phone call with Nascar and Elliott being on the other end. Could be Elliott expressed his concerns about further incidents that could happen to ruin his day.

The ONLY reason this whole thing has gone one SECOND past the discussion the two had after the race at Bristol is because Kevin won't LET it go. It was Kevin who ran his mouth the week after Bristol. It was Kevin who wrecked Chase at Charlotte, then ran his mouth in the interview after HE crashed. The ONLY reason Chase said a WORD about Kevin after Charlotte was Kevin's actions on track, and then once again Kevin ran his stupid mouth off after crashing himself and again today. If Chase was "petty" at all after Charlotte, it was ONLY because he had to answer reporters questions about the incident. If somebody would duct tape Kevin's mouth shut, it would be the last we ever hear of this deal. If you can show me ANY example of it bothering Chase, I'd LOVE to see it. Chase is just sitting back letting Kevin make an ass of himself once again.
That's the point! Kevin won't let it go. and I'm sure that's aggravating to Chase.

As for when Chase was petty.

What he did at Bristol was petty. He and Harvick had a racing incident, and Chase got angry and tried to sabotage the 4's day over a racing incident. Chase felt it was justified due to their history. That's fine. Neither driver liked how they were raced.

Charlotte post race interview, and the wishing of a happy off season was a passive agressive jab, a jab that has now become a marketable meme. That's not someone who is stoic and is moving on. That's someone who got the last laugh, and made it a point to rub it in to his competitor, knowing all to well how it's going to be received, and that Kevin will hear it. That's petty. And I'm all here for it. Nothing wrong with that at all. It's not a dig.

And then there's the phone call, and we don't know how it went.

Chase is doing his job. That's fine.

Kevin isn't letting it go because he's probably trying to distract Chase enough to deter his focus.

Look, im not saying Chase has locker room material and is losing sleep over Harvick. Im not even saying it's causing him to loose focus. But you aren't going to tell me he is 100% unaffected by this. He's doing what he needs to do, and he's doing a good job. Chase is not 100% innocent here and is certainly not 100% a victim. And he certainly isn't having no reaction to it. A guy who pisses you off, contuing try to get under your skin is going to irk you. It's going to irk Chase. Cause he's a human being. Doesn't mean it's going to effect his ability to do his job. But definitely hears Harvick.

I believe what Harvick said was after a three way phone call with Nascar and Elliott being on the other end. Could be Elliott expressed his concerns about further incidents that could happen to ruin his day.
According to what I heard, NASCAR was the ONLY one talking during this little meeting. I think even Kevin echoed that. I suupose in his mind, he probably thinks Chase is the one that asked NASCAR to intervene.

That's the point! Kevin won't let it go. and I'm sure that's aggravating to Chase.

What he did at Bristol was petty. He and Harvick had a racing incident, and Chase got angry and tried to sabotage the 4's day over a racing incident. Chase felt it was justified due to their history. That's fine.

Charlotte post race interview, and the wishing of a happy off season was a passive agressive jab, a jab that has now become a marketable meme. That's not someone who is stoic and is moving on. That's someone who got the last laugh, and made it a point to rub it in to his competitor, knowing all to well how it's going to be received, and that Kevin will hear it. That's petty. And I'm all here for it.

Kevin isn't letting it go because he's probably trying to distract Chase enough to deter his focus.

Look, im not saying Chase has locker room material and is losing sleep over Harvick. But you aren't going to tell me he is 100% unaffected by this. He's doing what he needs to do, and he's doing a good job. Chase is not 100% innocent here and is certainly not 100% a victim.

Tell me again who is making merch with a goading saying on them?

According to what I heard, NASCAR was the ONLY one talking during this little meeting. I think even Kevin echoed that. I suupose in his mind, he probably thinks Chase is the one that asked NASCAR to intervene.
I feel like what Harvick is doing now is "hey batter hey batter batter"

Could be that Harvick hit Chase right between the eyes about his performance or lack of running with the fastest organization all year after Elliott came out with his catchy saying and merch selling :idunno:

What he did at Bristol was petty. He and Harvick had a racing incident, and Chase got angry and tried to sabotage the 4's day over a racing incident. Chase felt it was justified due to their history. That's fine.

Charlotte post race interview, and the wishing of a happy off season was a passive agressive jab, a jab that has now become a marketable meme. That's not someone who is stoic and is moving on. That's someone who got the last laugh, and made it a point to rub it in to his competitor, knowing all to well how it's going to be received, and that Kevin will hear it. That's petty. And I'm all here for it.

Look, im not saying Chase has locker room material and is losing sleep over Harvick. But you aren't going to tell me he is 100% unaffected by this. He's doing what he needs to do, and he's doing a good job. Chase is not 100% innocent here and is certainly not 100% a victim.

Well, if Chase is right that Kevin has made a habit of getting into people (which others have seemed to verify) then what he did at Bristol wasn't petty at all, any more than what he did to Denny at Phoenix a few years ago. As for post Charlotte, I think he was just trying not to say something nasty about Harvick in the post race interview and decided to have a little fun with him. On the pettyness scale, Harvick's multiple comments are at about a 9 and Chase's ONE comment is about a 2.

I feel like what Harvick is doing now is "hey batter hey batter batter"

MAN, I used to HATE that. It never bothered me as a hitter, but when I pitched it would get on my nerves and I would yell at the infielders to quit it.

Could be that Harvick hit Chase right between the eyes about his performance or lack of running with the fastest organization all year after Elliott came out with his catchy saying and merch selling :idunno:
Well, regardless how Chase has stacked up against Larson this year, Chase has outperformed Kevin all year and is STILL in the playoffs, so maybe Kevin should just go shut his pie hole.

Nothing like Chase poking the bear again.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Maybe Kevin should learn that when you poke the bear that is the sport's most popular driver, it's not going to go well for you. One would think he would have learned his lesson trashing Dale Jr. The ONLY reason there is a shirt mocking Kevin is because of Kevin. He brought all this nonsense on himself.

Maybe Kevin should learn that when you poke the bear that is the sport's most popular driver, it's not going to go well for you. One would think he would have learned his lesson trashing Dale Jr. The ONLY reason there is a shirt mocking Kevin is because of Kevin. He brought all this nonsense on himself.
It's not the first time a young gun who Kevin was attempting to bully put out a mocking line of tees...

That's hilarious. Got two drivers saying each is at fault. And of course dodging the question is what you do. One more time for kicks and grins

So what's Chase then? Last time he tried taking out Kevin he completely missed and took out the 41
exactly, but the rose colored glasses bunch misses all of that in their defense of the Nascar jesus. I'm saying and have always said it is two drivers acting crazy and there isn't a right driver or wrong one.

That's hilarious. Got two drivers saying each is at fault. And of course dodging the question is what you do. One more time for kicks and grins

I'm not dodging the question at all. This was over three weeks ago, but Kevin won't let it go, so he gets to have Chase make fun of him with tee shirts. The ONLY person acting crazy is Kevin. The way Kevin has totally disrespected Chase during this whole deal, he DESERVES to get a version of the shirt they made after the Kyle Busch Darlington incident last year.

Kevin’s out.

And Elliott will be the NASCAR Champion for 3 more weeks.

Maybe Kevin should quit being a childish a-hole and focus on winning a race.
Both drivers have bigger issues than themselves, Larson has been waxing all of HMS all season.

Harvick has been carrying the load for SHR, but can't match Bacon Man in the win column.

Strange that he publicly through his kid under the bus… that quote is basically in stone now for his kid to grow up and look at. Sure, you can say “ahhh he doesn’t really mean that”… now it’s there for a soundbite permanently.

and it turns out he’s the one who technically is being childish in front of us all.

His behavior is odd. Maybe someone around him sound buy him a beer and see if he needs to talk…

I'm not dodging the question at all. This was over three weeks ago, but Kevin won't let it go, so he gets to have Chase make fun of him with tee shirts. The ONLY person acting crazy is Kevin. The way Kevin has totally disrespected Chase during this whole deal, he DESERVES to get a version of the shirt they made after the Kyle Busch Darlington incident last year.
CRYING BABY.jpg

I think I exercised great patience with this. It is time....

Kevin’s out.

And Elliott will be the NASCAR Champion for 3 more weeks.
....and then it is Merry Christmas and Happy Offseason for all....unless one is tasked with Next Gen testing I suppose.

Strange that he publicly through his kid under the bus… that quote is basically in stone now for his kid to grow up and look at. Sure, you can say “ahhh he doesn’t really mean that”… now it’s there for a soundbite permanently.

and it turns out he’s the one who technically is being childish in front of us all.

His behavior is odd. Maybe someone around him sound buy him a beer and see if he needs to talk…
They don't call him "happy" for nothing. Maybe it goes back to the crappy relationship he had with HIS dad.

Back
Top Bottom