Has Kevin Harvick (at age 43) Lost A Step?

When we asked Kevin Harvick if he's lost a step:

harvick.jpeg

When Kevin finally got in good equipment at SHR even with the last winless streak he's still outperforming Kyle

6b9e65502b7c1c7e2b0299c0fefff1d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Kyle while he might be one of the most talented guys around has always been checkers or wreckers. An all-time great but Harvick is ahead of him.

I think he definitely has something left in the tank. With a new car it was hard for anyone to get consistency, but it wasn’t long ago he was dominating the series there in 2020 until the end of the year

The 4 had good speed in the summer long before the wins then had things not go their way.

Anyone checking on Harvick, I hear he needs some more bulletin board material in the 9 hauler to look at. lol.

In my opinion, the best candidate to replace Harvick is Justin Allgaier. He has tons of experience at the lower levels but hasn't really gotten a shot in the Cup series with good equipment. I think he could win races in that #4 next year.

In my opinion, the best candidate to replace Harvick is Justin Allgaier. He has tons of experience at the lower levels but hasn't really gotten a shot in the Cup series with good equipment. I think he could win races in that #4 next year.
At this point I'm not sure Justin wants to be driving on Sundays

At this point I'm not sure Justin wants to be driving on Sundays

People said the same thing about Allmendinger last year. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to drive top tier equipment at the highest level, especially for a guy in his mid 30's. I don't see Allgaier turning down a potential offer from SHR. That's just my opinion though. It's a wait & see game at this point.

Guys the age of Allgaier are probably done chasing the dream of getting at the highest level. That's why it's especially rare to get the call from a high tier team at that age.

I wonder who SHR is eyeing from the lower ranks. There are so many options. I've seen the name Zane Smith thrown around. I believe he's a future star. SHR will have a big pool to choose from, but he has to get it right this time. His team has struggled lately. My vote would go to Allgaier.

I wonder who SHR is eyeing from the lower ranks. There are so many options. I've seen the name Zane Smith thrown around. I believe he's a future star. SHR will have a big pool to choose from, but he has to get it right this time. His team has struggled lately. My vote would go to Allgaier.
Zane Smith is under contract to Front Row thru 2025. I can understand people wanting Smith to drive for SHR me included, but that would be really complicated to pull that off.

Zane Smith is under contract to Front Row thru 2025. I can understand people wanting Smith to drive for SHR me included, but that would be really complicated to pull that off.
I don't think its nearly as complicated as your think it is. Money talks

Who would Front Row hire to replace Zane Smith in this uncomplicated scenario?

I don't think its nearly as complicated as your think it is. Money talks
Who do you know that have been bought out of their driver contract? I know of one in all of the years and that was Kahne. He got a year's salary besides the salary for the team he was driving for to leave one year early. It seldom happens

Who do you know that have been bought out of their driver contract? I know of one in all of the years and that was Kahne. He got a year's salary besides the salary for the team he was driving for to leave one year early. It seldom happens
Harvick did to get himself into an RCR seat, some arrangement was made with Reddick this year, Tony Stewart left with a left year to go in his contract. Those are just ones that come to mind

I thought Harvick was out of contract and Stewart also

It would have been easy for Kevin Harvick to coast through his final season at Richard Childress Racing, do what was expected of him and little else before heading off to Stewart-Haas Racing.
Instead, he put the pedal down and raced off to what could be his best season in Sprint Cup, one that has a chance of ending with his first series championship.

Stewart said, “I remember the day. He was ready to strangle me, the day that I walked in and said that I was going to be leaving Joe Gibbs Racing. The moment that he stopped trying to strangle me was when I said, ‘I have the opportunity to be like you.’ That’s when he let go of my neck.

I thought Harvick was out of contract and Stewart also

It would have been easy for Kevin Harvick to coast through his final season at Richard Childress Racing, do what was expected of him and little else before heading off to Stewart-Haas Racing.
Instead, he put the pedal down and raced off to what could be his best season in Sprint Cup, one that has a chance of ending with his first series championship.

Stewart said, “I remember the day. He was ready to strangle me, the day that I walked in and said that I was going to be leaving Joe Gibbs Racing. The moment that he stopped trying to strangle me was when I said, ‘I have the opportunity to be like you.’ That’s when he let go of my neck.

I believe Smoke had another year left, or at least an option

Joe Gibbs Racing released a statement Wednesday announcing the decision, even though Stewart’s contract called for him to remain in the No. 20 Toyota Camry through 2009. The statement confirmed that Stewart was seeking to buy into a team, and it has been widely reported that he will become a part owner and driver for Haas CNC Racing, a two-car team that has never won a race and is owned by Gene Haas

Harvick tells the story of how he went to Richard and Richard told him he needed to buy himself out to come race for him. Kevin says they basically maxed out everything they had, including Delana's credit cards to pull it off

I believe Smoke had another year left, or at least an option

Joe Gibbs Racing released a statement Wednesday announcing the decision, even though Stewart’s contract called for him to remain in the No. 20 Toyota Camry through 2009. The statement confirmed that Stewart was seeking to buy into a team, and it has been widely reported that he will become a part owner and driver for Haas CNC Racing, a two-car team that has never won a race and is owned by Gene Haas

Harvick tells the story of how he went to Richard and Richard told him he needed to buy himself out to come race for him. Kevin says they basically maxed out everything they had, including Delana's credit cards to pull it off
That is the wrong end. Harvick is buying into RCR not leaving after his contract.

I know with Tony he wanted Zippy to leave with him but Gibbs made Zippy stay for another year. I think what helped was that Joe was chomping at the bit to put the new sensation "sliced Bread" into the 20 car

According to some reports, Zipadelli's staying at JGR was key to Stewart reaching an agreement with the team to allow the driver to leave early. Joey Logano, the 18-year-old JGR driver who has thus far lived up to his considerable hype in the Nationwide Series, could move into the No. 20 Cup ride next season. With the experienced and successful Zipadelli remaining, JGR will likely be far more comfortable putting Logano into a Cup car than it would be if it had to team him with a less established crew chief.

But he was still buying himself out of a contract to get another ride
He didn't have too. Harvick had already signed on with SHR the next season when he got into it with Ty at Martinsville

He didn't have too. Harvick had already signed on with SHR the next season when he got into it with Ty at Martinsville

What don't you understand about this? It has nothing to do with SHR. Kevin had to buy out his current contract to get into RCR.....man

Back
Top Bottom