Has Ross Chastain (at age 30) lost a step?

Chase fans when the attention ain’t on chase
15070fbdab6cab6ac8e12dbddf469ea1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chase fans to NASCAR leadership:

(Please don’t delete, this is a good natured joke)

The 1 is having a quiet (performance wise) season, he’s 4th in points as some have pointed out up above and has been in the mix for a few wins this year until some bad luck or imitation gone wrong thwarted those checker flag bids. It’d be disingenuous to say he’s not fast this year but I think a case can be made that TrackHouse as a whole has been missing something from last year. The Amigo hasn’t been as consistently as fast as last year either.
Good post. I think Ross will get it figured out and is under no imminent threat. Daniel’s the one I’m worried about. As you pointed out, he’s been a bit anonymous. He’s a great fit at the team imo but it seems like he has stagnated or even regressed a little.

Do you remember where you where and what you was watching on Oct 30, 2022. Danny Hamlin do....

It was as crazy. . Wiley E. Coyote had done a great job for 499 laps and then that damn Road Runner....

I have talked to two friends in the last two weeks that I hadn't seen in a while.
We talked about that and lap and just had to laugh, it was insane.

It can be. But I get it, he had a couple bad weeks and it’s not his fault because he’s the greatest driver ever with his two wins, so him not doing good has to be of the evil HMS and not just him having some off weeks like every single driver does.

This argument drives me absolutely insane. Chase's name got him into the game, but you can't help who your parents are and RESULTS are what have KEPT him in the game. This is not a dig at Ross, I generally like him and hope he succeeds, but the string of driving over his head and wiping other people out just had to stop.

This argument drives me absolutely insane. Chase's name got him into the game, but you can't help who your parents are and RESULTS are what have KEPT him in the game. This is not a dig at Ross, I generally like him and hope he succeeds, but the string of driving over his head and wiping other people out just had to stop.
Dude (Ross) has all the God-given talent in the world. Just needs to hone his racecraft and the mental aspect.

The Felon has bullied Marks and Ross into irrelevancy. Maybe Justin should revisit his big ball devotion to Chevy. Too late on the Toyota opportunity. He had his year. It's was a good run. Almost pulled it off. Free Ross.

The Felon has bullied Marks and Ross into irrelevancy. Maybe Justin should revisit his big ball devotion to Chevy. Too late on the Toyota opportunity. He had his year. It's was a good run. Almost pulled it off. Free Ross.

Sounds quite a lot like what the preacher did to furniture row.

Trackhouse buys their engines from RCR so some it appears are looking to find any way possible to say Hendrick is the problem for Ross's slump.

Free Ross? What other team is going to let him be the perpetual bull in a china shop? The Penske, HMS, and JGRs of the racing world would have him cut the crap real quick and be straight laced. Trackhouse is the perfect fit. Maybe RCR given their heritage?

Free Ross? What other team is going to let him be the perpetual bull in a china shop? The Penske, HMS, and JGRs of the racing world would have him cut the crap real quick and be straight laced. Trackhouse is the perfect fit. Maybe RCR given their heritage?

JGR employed Kyle Busch and Penske employed Joey Logano. Neither of them were clean drivers in their younger days.

Ron Hornaday and Matt Kenseth are on standby to confirm.

JGR employed Kyle Busch and Penske employed Joey Logano. Neither of them were clean drivers in their younger days.

Ron Hornaday and Matt Kenseth are on standby to confirm.
“The Felon” had Kyle Busch before JGR and KyBu was overly aggressive then too.

He also kept Chase Elliott’s name on the car during suspension, something 23XI did not do.

Hendrick would be fine with Ross wrecking people if he drove the 48. He was fine with Byron spinning Hamlin under caution. He was fine with Larson wrecking Elliott twice.

“The Felon” had Kyle Busch before JGR and KyBu was overly aggressive then too.

He also kept Chase Elliott’s name on the car during suspension, something 23XI did not do.

Hendrick would be fine with Ross wrecking people if he drove the 48. He was fine with Byron spinning Hamlin under caution. He was fine with Larson wrecking Elliott twice.

The Big Bad Ross is such a rebel and menace to society, he just runs all over Justin Marks. The other owners wouldn't tolerate such a rebel.

NASCAR has never known anyone like Big Bad Ross.

Ross was fine. He is nobody now. Justin is allowed to lick The Felon's plate after kissing his ring.

The Big Bad Ross is such a rebel and menace to society, he just runs all over Justin Marks. The other owners wouldn't tolerate such a rebel.

NASCAR has never known anyone like Big Bad Ross.

Yea, it's not like this sport doesn't have a venerated driver who's whole personality was The Intimidator nor drove a black car because it was extra spooky. I'm sure that same driver didn't say **** like "I only meant to rattle his cage!"

Nope, NASCAR truly is a gentleman's racing series.

No ****. Who runs Chevy? It isn't Poor Richard. Even the Wine Maker kisses the ring.
I'm sure that makes sense in your world, but lol it doesn't fly in the real world. So in your bizzaro world, Hendrick would have to order Richard Childress to give Trackhouse bum motors from RCR's motor shop. Rediculous

Yea, it's not like this sport doesn't have a venerated driver who's whole personality was The Intimidator nor drove a black car because it was extra spooky. I'm sure that same driver didn't say **** like "I only meant to rattle his cage!"

Nope, NASCAR truly is a gentleman's racing series.

Terry Labonte was so incompetent that he spun out in front of Dale twice at Bristol, Dale never touched him!

The Big Bad Ross is the first driver to pull these antics.

Terry Labonte was so incompetent that he spun out in front of Dale twice at Bristol, Dale never touched him!

The Big Bad Ross is the first driver to pull these antics.
I remember an interview with Shrader after being wrecked by Big E and they told him Earnhardt apologised for wrecking Shrader who then replied..."Yeah, that's what he said last time."

I'm sure that makes sense in your world, but lol it doesn't fly in the real world. So in your bizzaro world, Hendrick would have to order Richard Childress to give Trackhouse bum motors from RCR's motor shop. Rediculous
You are babbling. The Felon gets whatever he wants from Chevy. Poor Richard gets what The Felon allows...which isn't what The Felon gets...Trackhouse is left with whatever....but all of a sudden, Justin is good with that....hence welcome back to irrelevancy.

You are babbling. The Felon gets whatever he wants from Chevy. Poor Richard gets what The Felon allows...which isn't what The Felon gets...Trackhouse is left with whatever....but all of a sudden, Justin is good with that....hence welcome back to irrelevancy.
In a way, it’s YOUR (TRD’s) fault. It all used to be independent. Teams relied on themselves. Then Toyota came along and centralized all their teams under one banner. One engine shop, etc. the media beat the drum of “copy them or die!” TRD performed, so Ford then Chevy played monkey see monkey do and centralized their engines etc. So like the anti drug ads in the 1980s, the kid (team owners) could scream “I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!!!!”

Also call me when HMS refuses contracted services to Trackhouse a la Coach and Furniture Row and their pit team. You never want to address that one.

In a way, it’s YOUR (TRD’s) fault. It all used to be independent. Teams relied on themselves. Then Toyota came along and centralized all their teams under one banner. One engine shop, etc. the media beat the drum of “copy them or die!” TRD performed, so Ford then Chevy played monkey see monkey do and centralized their engines etc. So like the anti drug ads in the 1980s, the kid (team owners) could scream “I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!!!!”

Also call me when HMS refuses contracted services to Trackhouse a la Coach and Furniture Row and their pit team. You never want to address that one.
WE indeed centralized all of OUR teams under one banner. WE do this as an OEM. Chevy in particular uses The Felon as the centralizing force, and there is where you have the issue. They are either afraid or too cheap to get their hands dirty as TRD does. Ford is a little more OEM with Roush/Yates, but who is their "Chain Gang"? I think that they are more equitable like TRD. Let's also not forget that OUR model saves teams tons of money.

So, JGR left Furniture Row without a pit crew? Words are important, but nice try. JGR disciplined Cowboy for acting like a jackass. Well within their rights. Barney could have paid for and developed his own pit crew, but ya know....didn't. We all know that later JGR said "**** it!" and let Barney take control of the crew which he was not paying for anyway.

same exact thing happens with Gibbs and Toyota and you don't have an issue with that.

same exact thing happens with Gibbs and Toyota and you don't have an issue with that.
Of course he tries to discredit the truth. For the umteenth time, Trackhouse is affiliated with RCR. RCR is are a separate entity making ECR engines. They have their own engine development shop.

Here is the proof, not some nonsense a Yota shill is putting out:

TRACKHOUSE RACING

Manufacturer:
Chevrolet
Engine: ECR Engines
Driver-crew chief pairings: Ross Chastain-Phil Surgen (No. 1), Daniel Suárez-Travis Mack (No. 99)

ABOUT ECR

ECR Engines is a high-performance combustion engine Research, Development and Production company located on the Richard Childress Racing campus in Welcome, N.C.

ECR Engine’s core business is to support NASCAR Cup and Xfinity Partners with engine leases, however we have expertise in other professional motorsports powertrain support including sportscars (IMSA and TransAM) and dirt track engines. Additionally, ECR Engines have the capability to support military and alternative energy projects.

ECR Engines have earned more than 200 victories in the professional motorsport series in which it competes including the Daytona 500, Brickyard 400, 24 Hours of Daytona, 12 Hours of Sebring and have helped teams and manufacturers earn numerous championships.

Chevrolet is the only NASCAR manufacturer that does not have one streamlined engine supplier for its teams.

Of course he tries to discredit the truth. For the umteenth time, Trackhouse is affiliated with RCR. RCR is are a separate entity making ECR engines. They have their own engine development shop.

Here is the proof, not some nonsense a Yota shill is putting out:

TRACKHOUSE RACING

Manufacturer:
Chevrolet
Engine: ECR Engines
Driver-crew chief pairings: Ross Chastain-Phil Surgen (No. 1), Daniel Suárez-Travis Mack (No. 99)

ABOUT ECR

ECR Engines is a high-performance combustion engine Research, Development and Production company located on the Richard Childress Racing campus in Welcome, N.C.

ECR Engine’s core business is to support NASCAR Cup and Xfinity Partners with engine leases, however we have expertise in other professional motorsports powertrain support including sportscars (IMSA and TransAM) and dirt track engines. Additionally, ECR Engines have the capability to support military and alternative energy projects.

ECR Engines have earned more than 200 victories in the professional motorsport series in which it competes including the Daytona 500, Brickyard 400, 24 Hours of Daytona, 12 Hours of Sebring and have helped teams and manufacturers earn numerous championships.

Forgot to congratulate you on the Amirola victory in the Xfinity. Great work. He is rolling.

Do you remember where you where and what you was watching on Oct 30, 2022. Danny Hamlin do....

It was as crazy. . Wiley E. Coyote had done a great job for 499 laps and then that damn Road Runner....

I have talked to two friends in the last two weeks that I hadn't seen in a while.
We talked about that and lap and just had to laugh, it was insane.

Looking back I wasn't even that much surprised he tried this, I was more surprised that he actually made it work.

If Ross wasn't a star before that move, he became one of the faces of NASCAR that day. The hail melon has pretty much made him immortal. People will still talk about this in 50 years.

Looking back I wasn't even that much surprised he tried this, I was more surprised that he actually made it work.

If Ross wasn't a star before that move, he became one of the faces of NASCAR that day. The hail melon has pretty much made him immortal. People will still talk about this in 50 years.

And the Online NASCAR fans got NASCAR to ban it because of the Big Bad Ross.

Chastain crossed the start / finish line at Martinsville with no brakes and an inoperable steering system.

NASCAR banned the move for cause.

If you want to junk your car to chase a win or get to your desired outcome, that’s your choice. If you want NASCAR to police tactics then I don’t know what to say. For the wrong driver, it’s a really dumb move but Ross made it work.

If you can’t make it work, you can deal with the consequences.

Back
Top Bottom