Hello everyone! I'm new!

Originally posted by Windsor377+Oct 22 2004, 05:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Windsor377 @ Oct 22 2004, 05:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-97forever@Oct 22 2004, 09:16 AM
Hey!! <_<&nbsp; <_<&nbsp; :p
You gotta admit, it is pretty looking for a Chevy. [/b][/quote]
True enough...but wouldn't it make a damned ugly Ford?? :cheers:

Originally posted by 97forever+Oct 22 2004, 05:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (97forever @ Oct 22 2004, 05:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Windsor377@Oct 22 2004, 05:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-97forever
@Oct 22 2004, 09:16 AM
Hey!! <_<  <_<  :p

You gotta admit, it is pretty looking for a Chevy.
True enough...but wouldn't it make a damned ugly Ford?? :cheers: [/b][/quote]
LMAO!!!!!!

Welcome womthing, I am from over at TR too with a diferent handle over there. :cheers: :)

Originally posted by Winzell@Oct 23 2004, 05:35 PM
Welcome womthing, I am from over at TR too with a diferent handle over there. :cheers: :)
Wecome to YOU TOO! :cheers:

Originally posted by majestyx@Oct 22 2004, 08:51 AM
wom, don't let Windsor give you the wrong impression. He isn't one of the 'bad' ones, as you looked in 'The Corner' and didn't find him there! :lol: He always brings some very interesting view points to light, and though some might not always agree it does make them go.....................hmmmmmmmm!

Again, welcome! Glad to have you here.
I just love Windsor! My roots are in drag racing and I'm a Ford lover so we are kindred souls. I can't wait to go to the drags next year to see him and his fast cars! He's my hero!

Originally posted by Winzell@Oct 23 2004, 04:35 PM
OMG no kidding!? So do you come here to hide out from all of the drama over there too? Cos I'm just about at the end of my rope what that crap. I use the same name everywhere, mostly cos it's easy for me to remember and usually no one has it! LOL!

wom, I too use the same handle just about everywhere, except over at TR and one other place. I honestly don't think I have made a post over at TR under my new handle, cuz it just too flaming over there. I only browse. Back in 2002, there was a great migration to this board from TR! Even this board has been through a few changes, but most have stayed here because it's a really good place to talk racing. Enjoy your stay, and don't be afraid to just jump right in to the conversations! :)

Originally posted by majestyx@Oct 25 2004, 10:57 AM
wom, I too use the same handle just about everywhere, except over at TR and one other place. I honestly don't think I have made a post over at TR under my new handle, cuz it just too flaming over there. I only browse. Back in 2002, there was a great migration to this board from TR! Even this board has been through a few changes, but most have stayed here because it's a really good place to talk racing. Enjoy your stay, and don't be afraid to just jump right in to the conversations! :)
You ain't kidding it's flamin'! I'm seriously considering cancelling my membership. It's like sitting in a junior high school cafeteria only the kids have nastier mouths at TR!

Well, if you do choose to cancel that membership over there, you are most welcome to start a brand new migration to this board. Oh, but PLEASE do so privately, so as not to bring those said flamers with you! THAT, we don't need! :lol: Let them keep their junior high cafeteria flame sessions over there! ;)

Originally posted by womthing+Oct 25 2004, 09:26 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (womthing @ Oct 25 2004, 09:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-majestyx@Oct 22 2004, 08:51 AM
wom, don't let Windsor give you the wrong impression.&nbsp; He isn't one of the 'bad' ones, as you looked in 'The Corner' and didn't find him there!&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; He always brings some very interesting view points to light, and though some might not always agree it does make them go.....................hmmmmmmmm!

Again, welcome!&nbsp; Glad to have you here.
I just love Windsor! My roots are in drag racing and I'm a Ford lover so we are kindred souls. I can't wait to go to the drags next year to see him and his fast cars! He's my hero! [/b][/quote]
OH My!!!! That's some pedastal!...LOL!

We had a pretty decent Saturday for qualifying. Larry's Mustang (the blue R/S car I've posted at times), was running the Drag Radial class. This particular series allows the DR cars to run ladder bar rear suspensions. An R/S car runs a "stock" rear suspesion. So, we kind of hand our work cut out for us.

The car has been a handfull all season and as a result we've been talking the "less is more" approach (dang I wish we had that new ignition controller in and programmed!!!!). Anyhow, we run the worlds most conservative nitrous tune ups. Dufus street cars run more nitrous than we do....nad bring it in quicker too!!!!!

Anyhow on the second qualifying run, we decided to use the second stage and bring it in at the 1/8 mile mark (oh yeah, 1/4 mile this week and wheelie allowed). All we were looking for was a mild et gane and some noticable mph gain. Got what we asked for. Picked up .070 sec BUT 5 mph!!! (8.72 @ 161 mph remember the rules require 3100 lbs, small tire (radial in this case, stock firewall, glass, doors, dash, suspension, OH and mufflers!...and it's actually 150 lbs over!)) Good and we're number 3 qualifers w/best mph through the traps at that point.

Everybody around us is pulling heads, replacing blown head gaskets, valves, transmissions, etc....we, hook up the battery charger, top off the gas, decide to bring the nitrous in just a bit sooner and the second stage in at the 330ft mark (still WAY conservative). Go get dinner, look around, rest relax.....I love it when you've got a good strong motor!!!!!

Anyhow, before our last run, there were several oil downs. I'd say we were delayed about an hour. The track people did a good job to clean and re-juice the track.

Finally, Larry does his "John Force" burout, brings it back and stages. The two cars leave well together. The car in the right lane comes on with 400hp shot right out of the hole and starts to inch in front, at the 330 ft mark our second stage comes on and the Mustang motors right on around and is sailing pretty good! Then! Just before the end, the car shoots hard left Larry is facing the Jersy wall, he pulls the chute and it straightens out just before hitting! Still, going sideays through the traps and the chute deploying the cars picks up to an 8.66 at another 161mph!!!....Not bad for sideways! Huh?!!!!....would liked to have seen a 164mph. Oh well,keep it straight next time, nice little SB Windsor!

WE think the last clean up left a spot of oil where the left rear could hit it. The rear suspension unloaded as it lost traction and the right rear shot the car hard left...near disaster! Thank got we were running radials instead of slicks. It would have baller rolled for a certainty.

We didn't go back on Sunday. It wasn't our intentions. It was a high profile test and tune against a bunch of cars heavily ladened with sponsor decals! ...I think we came out looking pretty good!

Originally posted by majestyx@Oct 20 2004, 09:38 AM
Hey, womthing, not everyone here is a Jr. fan! Just ask 97forever!
laughing1.gif
And slick-nick

Originally posted by steveluvs3+Oct 27 2004, 10:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (steveluvs3 @ Oct 27 2004, 10:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-majestyx@Oct 20 2004, 09:38 AM
Hey, womthing, not everyone here is a Jr. fan!&nbsp; Just ask 97forever!
laughing1.gif
And slick-nick [/b][/quote]
steve, that was for 97's benefit. He was sporting a Jr. avatar last week, cuz he lost a bet. This week, it's bowtie who's sporting an avatar from the 'opposite side'.

Back
Top Bottom