Hendrick $3 million on corvette?

How do you explain or better yet blame one car owner for Chevrolet's problem? Chevy's by far field the most cars in the cup series and their wins and place figures have ALL nosedived. Ya know what? I think it's mostly the car and it's aero problems. Or one has to point fingers at all of the Chevy teams.
ok so what other chevy team do you plan on winning races? gnassi cars might win a couple a year. other than that HMS is really the only chevy team that is capable of winning. RCR has been a shell of its former self for years. Thats not changing. so if you want to look at the chevy nose dive, yeah its HMS fault for the nose dive. Look at it like this, during the last couple years when HMS hasn't been winning that many races their cars have been slow everywhere, well except maybe the plate tracks. But even there, the HMS cars always quailfy well but don't race that well. I will make a predicition. We will probably see an HMS car on the pole or front row. but HMS cars have been slow at a variety of tracks from the 1.5's to the half miles.

YES I think rick needs to spend some money on the racecars getting better and not on $3million corvettes. Thats right I said it.

Yep, they’re rebadged Mazda 2’s.
That appears to be only for the NA markets.

Looking at the base of the Mazda 2, its also the Scion iA (2016), Toyota Yaris R (Puerto Rico, sedan),Toyota Yaris iA (United States, sedan, 2017–2018) Mazoyta/Toyzda are really getting the the mileage from that Platform.

Last edited:
That appears to be only for the NA markets.

Looking at the base of the Mazda 2, its also the Scion iA (2016), Toyota Yaris R (Puerto Rico, sedan),Toyota Yaris iA (United States, sedan, 2017–2018) Mazoyta/Toyzda are really getting the the mileage from that Platform.
I think the Ford Fiesta was on that platform too.

that is because Rick always seems to employ drivers that are too professional to say it. maybe that is why kyle busch didn't work out. Jimmie isn't going to say that ever, even though he may think it. The other drivers never would in public either. I do think money is a big reason for the decline in HMS. Look at what has happened. Jeff and Dale Jr retired. every since then the team hasn't been the same. Those guys brought in extra millions. Also I would imagine that the Ally sponsorship was discounted a ton from what lowes had been paying. that is a big difference, less money for jimmie's car, dale jr and jeff gone. The company could be looking at working on the half the sponsorship revenue they used to bring in.
Hendrick Motorsports has won twelve Cup Series owners and drivers championships, three Truck Series owners and drivers titles, and one Nationwide Series drivers crown.

Hendrick is probably a billionaire as well, you are more worried about that three million dollar Vette than Hendrick is himself.

YES I think rick needs to spend some money on the racecars getting better and not on $3million corvettes. Thats right I said it.
Can we have a list of things Rick isn’t allowed to buy with his own money so theres no confusion on his part in the future? Are you Rick’s accountant by any chance?

Hendrick Motorsports has won twelve Cup Series owners and drivers championships, three Truck Series owners and drivers titles, and one Nationwide Series drivers crown.

Hendrick is probably a billionaire as well, you are more worried about that three million dollar Vette than Hendrick is himself.
Yeah and what changed? This sport isn’t about what you did in the glory years. How are the glory years working for rcr and petty enterprises?

Yeah and what changed? This sport isn’t about what you did in the glory years. How are the glory years working for rcr and petty enterprises?

My point is the Vette has nothing to do with the current HMS performance.
I am sure that they know themselves the last few years has not met expectations, but again it ain't the Vette.

My point is the Vette has nothing to do with the current HMS performance.
I am sure that they know themselves the last few years has not met expectations, but again it ain't the Vette.
When your sponsorships are heavily discounted, in many cases by half the money that was being brought in, suddenly the cars are slow. What are you suggesting the issues are then? Less money is just a coincidence? Ask jack roush what happened

When your sponsorships are heavily discounted, in many cases by half the money that was being brought in, suddenly the cars are slow. What are you suggesting the issues are then? Less money is just a coincidence? Ask jack roush what happened
Jack Roush must have bought to many Ford GT's

Once the 100 Corvette threshold has been crossed, caring is not required.

Does Rick even care anymore?
He said when asked. I have around 140, 150 Corvettes.
He doesn't know how many he has. I think they are breeding indiscriminately myself. I agree, Rick doesn't care anymore. Time to spay or neuter.

Last edited:
Your inability to distinguish between someone's personal life and his or her's corporate actions / responsibilities is alarming.
honey I operate 3 different businesses, your inability to see that what you do personally is a big deal in what investments you can make in your businesses is alarming. Right now rick needs to make an investment in getting the cars faster. spending extra money on personal cars isn't helpful for having extra money.

Good advice. I’ll pass that on to my comptroller.

In the meantime, why don’t you make more uninformed references about which pocket Hendrick takes his car collecting money out of?

honey I operate 3 different businesses, your inability to see that what you do personally is a big deal in what investments you can make in your businesses is alarming. Right now rick needs to make an investment in getting the cars faster. spending extra money on personal cars isn't helpful for having extra money.
But how do you know Rick isn’t investing to make the cars faster? Are you his accountant? There has been zero tangible evidence to support your claim, it’s pretty much based on conjecture and hyperbole

The Penske cars took a little step backwards last year. Perhaps the problem is all the money Roger spent on buying Indy and the Indycar series. :rolleyes:

And that Ganassi bunch. Went and raced Fords. That threw them off, unbalanced them. Those two should never be in the same building, bad ju ju. I think WE need to have a watch group for these cup owners keep them towing the line. Corvettes, Indy and Fords oh my, Corvettes, Indy and Fords oh my

And that Ganassi bunch. Went and raced Fords. That threw them off, unbalanced them. Those two should never be in the same building, bad ju ju. I think WE need to have a watch group for these cup owners keep them towing the line. Corvettes, Indy and Fords oh my, Corvettes, Indy and Fords oh my
I’ll volunteer to be a member of the watch group.

How much did you donate to charity, because thats where the money went.

Do you really think $3M will make HMS as a whole championship competitive?

If so, do you really think Rick hasn't considered extra money for R&D? The guy has over a dozen championship trophies. If money was the answer, he’d have figured it out long ago.

Rick so sold one of his Corvettes I get extra money to pay for this CHAMPIONSHIP playoff run by the 9 team. And btw I’m so happy this thread resurfaced

Back
Top Bottom