Hendrick fined $100,000

Sheesh.

Now they will be reduced to 70 hours of wind tunnel testing next season, but just how much development will be done next season with the new car coming in 2022?

Sheesh.

Now they will be reduced to 70 hours of wind tunnel testing next season, but just how much development will be done next season with the new car coming in 2022?
They would have used all 80. Its not just development its finding speed now

Windshear pricing varies depending upon services required. It's about 5K an hour for the rolling floor tunnel with the wind blowing ... so you could say Ricardo spent 100K to save 50.

A guy can get a decent Corvette for the collection for that money.

Well if that's the penalty for being honest, you have to wonder if it was worth it.

I guess it depends on whether you are pretty sure you were going to get busted or not.

$100k is better than starting at the rear every week for not passing tech. *cough awkwardly*

Not excusing it. Broke the rules, plain and simple. Embarrassing, but the rules of engagement have long since been determined: sometimes the penalty is worth the advantage. See also: 18 car last week.

Does anyone know if HMS will be allowed to continue exceeding the limit this year without further penalty? If so, it would make more sense why they turned themselves in

Windshear pricing varies depending upon services required. It's about 5K an hour for the rolling floor tunnel with the wind blowing ... so you could say Ricardo spent 100K to save 50.

A guy can get a decent Corvette for the collection for that money.
I am thinking he was wind tunneling the precious Vette and just forgot the time.
Being that is now his first priority and so forth...

Mr Hendrick at home

1601035586744.png

Does anyone know if HMS will be allowed to continue exceeding the limit this year without further penalty? If so, it would make more sense why they turned themselves in
Look at it this way, they posted bail to get out of jail. If they do it it again, they go back to jail.

I think its a smart play for them to report it. They’re smart enough to know when its time to just admit something. They most likely have enough reason to think someone else would point it out first otherwise... Probably would turn them into nascar at the ‘perfect’ moment hurting their championship run.

‘just deal with it now’ is the most logical solution

if you need a wind tunnel for stock car racing,
you have lost your way.
It's not that you need one, but you need one to be competitive. If the competition is doing you have no choice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

if you need a wind tunnel for stock car racing,
you have lost your way.

I get your point, but Ford and Chrysler were doing it in the 1960's. I know that Chrysler was using their aerospace assets to make their racing programs better.

It's not that you need one, but you need one to be competitive. If the competition is doing you have no choice

Which is why long term, cost containment measures have never truly worked. Motivated people will find SOME WAY to spend their money to make THEIR car faster, and you either play the game or get left behind.

Which is why long term, cost containment measures have never truly worked. Motivated people will find SOME WAY to spend their money to make THEIR car faster, and you either play the game or get left behind.
Owners never want their costs contained, just their competitors.

Owners never want their costs contained, just their competitors.

The ONLY thing that actually contains cost is a lack of money, but as long as there are billionaires and multinational corporations involved in racing, they will spend money to win even when it makes no economic sense to do so.

Math is hard. Don't judge.
They reported themselves.

NASCAR does a pretty good job of tracking hours used and I give them credit for having integrity of the issue. They know what they did, took it on the chin, and will not fight the issue.

Same goes for anyone else if they violate.

There's 2 ways to look at it. If they found something in that time (less than an hr) that gives them an advantage in the playoffs the 100k fine isn't much. But if you're trying to get away with something it was pretty dumb to use less than an hour and give up 10 hours next year.

With that being said I don't think HMS had any clue what the actual penalty would would be when they self reported

There's 2 ways to look at it. If they found something in that time (less than an hr) that gives them an advantage in the playoffs the 100k fine isn't much. But if you're trying to get away with something it was pretty dumb to use less than an hour and give up 10 hours next year.

With that being said I don't think HMS had any clue what the actual penalty would would be when they self reported

Yeah they knew what the fine could be according to Pockrass. The fine ranged from 100 thousand to 200 thousand per violation. HMS reporting it BEFORE they got caught doing it saved them from the 200 thousand dollar fine.

I reckon they figured the added RND time will yield more than $100K soon.

Back
Top Bottom