Hendrick Motorsports 2022

I don't think Hendrick is all that concerned about drivers successes as long as they fit his racing model unless they don't fit. Examples are keeping Kahne for years of non producing and in turn giving him a golden parachute of a years salary and a job with another team when he cut him from the team. The other is getting rid of psycho Kyle who was a hot shoe but he didn't fit in. He has said publicly, I can't remember which driver, I know he did that for Johnson that they had a job as long as they wanted.

Rick said this about Jimmy. " I tried to sign him to a life time contract like I did Jeff. The bank told me I couldnt afford to."

This is probably not a very good place to gauge anything about Bowman. He doesn't get a lot of respect here compared to other drivers. Bowman could be running in the top 5 or even leading the race and the drivers in 20th will get more attention. I don't understand it sometimes, but he doesn't like a lot of attention anyway so I doubt he would be complaining. The important thing is that Dale JR liked him enough to get him in at HMS and from there he has grown a great friendship with Mr. H, Jeff Gordon, and his sponsors. They have enough respect for him that they even sponsor his dirt car. So I think he will be around for many years and will probably have a championship or two before it's all over...and by then who knows, Jeff might be ready to retire again and Bowman might take his place like he did Dale Jr and Jimmie Johnsons place. :)
A championship...idk. I mean with this format anything is possible especially for a guy who knows how to win. Lets see how his consistency is for the rest of this season. In my opinion I still think he's the worst of the 4 Hendrick guys but that's no knock cause that lineup is full of talent.

A championship...idk. I mean with this format anything is possible especially for a guy who knows how to win. Lets see how his consistency is for the rest of this season. In my opinion I still think he's the worst of the 4 Hendrick guys but that's no knock cause that lineup is full of talent.
I didn't necessarily mean he will win it this year or even under this crew chief. I would like to see the 48 team win a few more races before the playoffs though. Still a lot of time left.

Bowman could be running in the top 5 or even leading the race and the drivers in 20th will get more attention.
I don't post much about drivers who perform up to my expectations. Ware in the top ten is worth a comment; Bowman is supposed to be there.

I think the 5 team and driver is still the strongest. 24 is the hottest.

The 5 team isn't slow by any means, they're just not putting races together. Unless you're a dynasty, like the 24 in the 90s and the 48 in the 2000s, you're not gonna be the dominant force year in and year out.

The 5 team was ahead of the curve last year and always had track position. I think right now, water is simply finding it's level with them. They're a top 8 team so far this year and seem to have shown the speed. They just aren't putting up the results to match the speed the have. Water is finding it's level.

Id imagine by the time the season ends, they'll get it together. I think you see something like 4 wins and a final 4, or a final 8 out of Larson this year. Similar to Truex last year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Byron
Larson
Bowman
Elliott

Nice dead horse to beat on a first thread. Next, you are required to post a "has X lost a step?" or a "does X care any more?" thread.
With Byron having two wins, has Larson lost a step?

There ya go. :XXROFL::XXROFL:

The 5 team isn't slow by any means, they're just not putting races together. Unless you're a dynasty, like the 24 in the 90s and the 48 in the 2000s, you're not gonna be the dominant force year in and year out.

The 5 team was ahead of the curve last year and always had track position. I think right now, water is simply finding it's level with them. They're a top 8 team so far this year and seem to have shown the speed. They just aren't putting up the results to match the speed the have. Water is finding it's level.

Id imagine by the time the season ends, they'll get it together. I think you see something like 4 wins and a final 4, or a final 8 out of Larson this year. Similar to Truex last year.

Tbh it wasn't until this point or a little later that Larson really started his stretch last year either. He still could be just as good.

I think Kyle Larson is being patient and figuring the new car out, there is a lot of races to go yet.

Pecking order at HMS
1.Larson
2. Chase
3. Byron
4. Bowman
And like it was said earlier, any one of them on any weekend can get r done.

I was worried you'd get a "crossing the streams" effect from Ghostbusters or something, but that crazy fool @Snappy D did it and we're all still here.
1649857092719.gif

Coincidentally just stumbled upon this post on reddit. Pecking orders be damned, there's a lot of guys in the field that would like to see these numbers next to their name. There's a good chance you're gonna win at some point...

"Putting it into perspective, here is how Elliott ranks in the non-placement metrics:

Total Laps: 1st

Avg. Running Position: 2nd

Avg. Driver Rating: 3rd

Quality Passes: 2nd

Laps Led: 3rd

Fastest Laps Run: 3rd"

Coincidentally just stumbled upon this post on reddit. Pecking orders be damned, there's a lot of guys in the field that would like to see these numbers next to their name. There's a good chance you're gonna win at some point...

"Putting it into perspective, here is how Elliott ranks in the non-placement metrics:

Boy, and people call Bowman a hack

Unfortunately given this messed up way of determining a champion without wins those numbers aren't good for much besides looking good on paper.

BuT OvaLs

I don't post much about drivers who perform up to my expectations. Ware in the top ten is worth a comment; Bowman is supposed to be there.
That is a valid point. But there are a lot of fans that don't do like you. They are always discussing the top 5 or 10 which are usually drivers of top tier teams.

It looks like Mr. H is making a few changes inside the organization.

I wonder what the Jackman thinks about all this, he's our Hendricks Motorsports Insider.

No big surprises there. The future of the company is Marshall and Jeff. Marshall will run ALL thing Hendrick, Jeff will likely concentrate only on motorsports. Jeff Andrews is solid as a rock and continues to accumulate more responsibilities. My guess he will remain the effective day to day point man for all things non-dealership until he retires, and then one would assume Chad will take that position IF he wants it. Nice to see Lampe back in the fold. I wish HMS would list more of their people on their website like they used to. Over the years there are a lot of lower level people that I have lost track of and do not know what they are doing now or even if they are still with the company.

No big surprises there. The future of the company is Marshall and Jeff. Marshall will run ALL thing Hendrick, Jeff will likely concentrate only on motorsports. Jeff Andrews is solid as a rock and continues to accumulate more responsibilities. My guess he will remain the effective day to day point man for all things non-dealership until he retires, and then one would assume Chad will take that position IF he wants it. Nice to see Lampe back in the fold. I wish HMS would list more of their people on their website like they used to. Over the years there are a lot of lower level people that I have lost track of and do not know what they are doing now or even if they are still with the company.
Ray Evernham isnt with Hendrick in any capacity anymore? For a while there I think 2015 on, he worked with the company and then with Kasey Kahne a bit if I remember until he left.

Pecking Order For Cars:

1. Elliott - #9
2. Byron - #24
3. Larson - #5
4. Bowman - #48

Talent Order For Cars:

1. Larson - #5
2. Elliott - #9
3. Bowman - #48
4. Byron - #24

I bought a play station a couple of years ago to do the NASAR races and it made me dizzy and a little nauseated, so I took it back. I watched this video about 10 times in the past couple of days with no problems. But I can see where it could make a person a little dizzy.

Pecking Order For Cars:

1. Elliott - #9
2. Byron - #24
3. Larson - #5
4. Bowman - #48

Talent Order For Cars:

1. Larson - #5
2. Elliott - #9
3. Bowman - #48
4. Byron - #24
24 is certainly not over the 5.

Pecking order is