Hendrick poised to dominate 2017

And a Toyota driver went out, had a brain fart and panicked and lost the championship.
In the heat of the moment when he panicked, the showmanship in Carl took over.

I agree.

I agree with this. The 48 will be the best of the bunch, Chase will probably get a win or two, the 5 and 88 I don't see doing as much.

Even though an HMS driver won the championship, I'd say they were only the 3rd or 4th best team this year, definitely behind JGR/FRR and Penske, and probably on par or slightly worse than SHR. I hate to do the stick-n-ball thing again, but I'd equate Jimmie's championship to an NFL team that went 10-6 in the regular season but got hot in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl. In other words, a championship team that still has an issue or two to address for the coming season.

I'd be happy with a 10-6 season.

I think JJ and Chad are now on a mission to get that number 8 and then both will retire.
Chad may just go to management.

I think JJ and Chad are now on a mission to get that number 8 and then both will retire.

Larry Mac said this and I agree with him; when Rick Hendrick (God bless him) kicks the bucket or steps down, the #1 choice to lead HMS should be Chad Knaus. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they start grooming him by giving him more leadership roles, that is after he gets 8 and 9.

(((Send ‘em Orakpo outta the goodness of our collective hearts ‘n they waste the talent…….)))

Larry Mac said this and I agree with him; when Rick Hendrick (God bless him) kicks the bucket or steps down, the #1 choice to lead HMS should be Chad Knaus. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they start grooming him by giving him more leadership roles, that is after he gets 8 and 9.
I think Jeff Gordon is invested and will replace Rick if needed. He has had many years of grooming. Chad would certainly get a top management position and salary.

Depends on how quickly they get that 8th one. If they don't get tired or injured, I see them running at least another five years.

I think Jeff Gordon is invested and will replace Rick if needed. He has had many years of grooming. Chad would certainly get a top management position and salary.
I agree. Jeff is like a son to them and is already invested as an owner. He's also primarily responsible for bringing HMS to prominence, and while Chad has done some special things for the company in his own right, I don't think the bond is quite the same as it is between Mr. H and Jeff. And I think he'd do a great job - they both would honestly.

I agree. Jeff is like a son to them and is already invested as an owner. He's also primarily responsible for bringing HMS to prominence, and while Chad has done some special things for the company in his own right, I don't think the bond is quite the same as it is between Mr. H and Jeff. And I think he'd do a great job - they both would honestly.
In short, Chad's an employee; Jeff is a partner.

I think Carlson and Duchardt will be running the show at HMS after Rick.

Jeff Gordon will always have a prominent role at HMS, but I sincerely doubt he'll ever have interest in running day to day operations or anything of that nature.

Back
Top Bottom