Hendrick signs Larson

Here is a pretty good article on Larson. I hate what went down but sometimes drastic mistakes makes a person much smarter and much better in the end and it sure looks like this one did just that. I couldn't be more excited to be a fan of HMS this year and I can't hardly wait for the green flag to drop at Daytona with the strong line up of drivers HMS has.
Larson grateful for 2nd chance in NASCAR after racial slur (yahoo.com)

What does "The Legend" Ty Dillon have to do with all of this?
That was a while ago but as a guess, the 'legend' being referred to was the expression "<driver name> to the #5 car", a site inside joke. It was coined when it was announced Kasey Kahne would not be returning to that car. As I vaguely recall, there was no clear candidate and speculation ran wild. "<Driver> to the #5 car" became a running gag here, with increasing less likely names being suggested (including yours truly).

That was a while ago but as a guess, the 'legend' being referred to was the expression "<driver name> to the #5 car", a site inside joke. It was coined when it was announced Kasey Kahne would not be returning to that car. As I vaguely recall, there was no clear candidate and speculation ran wild. "<Driver> to the #5 car" became a running gag here, with increasing less likely names being suggested (including yours truly).
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

That started like 3 years before Kasey left when things started really going bad for him.

That and the whole doesn’t care anymore, as well as lost or gained a step has became my favorite memes here

Back
Top Bottom