Hendrick signs Larson

I wouldn't care if the Nevada Bunny Ranch was the sponsor as long as Larson is in a top competitive car. I think if he has good results on the track, keeps doing good things for the community, and he keeps his personal life clean he can surpass where he was before he was removed from NASCAR. Thank you Rick Hendrick for having the heart to give KL the chance to rebuild his life while giving us fans some enjoyment of watching him race the number 5 Chevy.

I wouldn't care if the Nevada Bunny Ranch was the sponsor as long as Larson is in a top competitive car. I think if he has good results on the track, keeps doing good things for the community, and he keeps his personal life clean he can surpass where he was before he was removed from NASCAR.
No Sheet. Hendrick knew all of that stuff before he hired him, he has more money than Ben Gum anyway. GM doesn't tell him who to hire or fire

I am very excited to watch Larson race every week in Cup again this year. Kudos to Rick for taking the plunge and signing Larson, I think both will reap some rewards in the coming years.

So what is Nations Guard exactly? Google claims to know nothing at all about it

Nevermind

Ganassi is going to be where they usually are for the most part. Top 12-15 area, I'm curious as well because Kurt was driving the wheels off of his car last season. It sucks he missed out on the final four due to an engine failure.

I'm curious about the growth of Chastain as well, but Hendrick should be a front runner with no issue. Harvick, Hamlin, Ky. Busch, Truex, they should all be there.

Larson will be near the front most weeks.

Ganassi is going to be where they usually are for the most part. Top 12-15 area, I'm curious as well because Kurt was driving the wheels off of his car last season. It sucks he missed out on the final four due to an engine failure.

I'm curious about the growth of Chastain as well, but Hendrick should be a front runner with no issue. Harvick, Hamlin, Ky. Busch, Truex, they should all be there.

Larson will be near the front most weeks.
Easier to compare Larson's record in a Ganassi car to his new ride for Hendrick. I am not expecting Chastain to set the world on fire, but it is good he finally made it to cup. He deserves to be there.

Easier to compare Larson's record in a Ganassi car to his new ride for Hendrick. I am not expecting Chastain to set the world on fire, but it is good he finally made it to cup. He deserves to be there.
I'll continue to say this to my NASCAR grave, Larson was the best driver Ganassi ever had in terms of consistency for an organization that was known to be extremely inconsistent on a year to year basis.

Six wins in Chip's NASCAR program is extremely impressive. I'm not taking anything away from Jaime Mac or Sterling Marlin respected runs, but Larson was by far the most consistent.

I'm curious to see how much worse Ganassi cars are than Hendricks. Larson's record in both should give me a rough idea.

Chip’s cars are just as good as Hendrick’s.

The difference, as always at this level, is people. JMO, of course.

I wouldn't care if the Nevada Bunny Ranch was the sponsor as long as Larson is in a top competitive car. I think if he has good results on the track, keeps doing good things for the community, and he keeps his personal life clean he can surpass where he was before he was removed from NASCAR. Thank you Rick Hendrick for having the heart to give KL the chance to rebuild his life while giving us fans some enjoyment of watching him race the number 5 Chevy.
I pointed it out as possibly indicating Rick is having trouble finding sponsors from outside his business interests, at least at the moment.

I pointed it out as possibly indicating Rick is having trouble finding sponsors from outside his business interests, at least at the moment.
I realize that is what you were pointing out. But, I think most fans and Rick knew that there would be obstacles to overcome securing sponsorship for KL vs say a Chase Elliott. Rick probably already knew he would have to use his companies to sponsor Kyle for a year or two so that Kyle could show his talent on the track and show the world the good things he is doing off the track to help the communities and show that he has learned from his mistakes and is a better man. Rick also will probably gain attention to his company Nation Guard because as Pat said in an earlier post Google doesn't even know who Nation Guard is. But, I bet after a year on the number 5 car they will.

Rick also will probably gain attention to his company Nation Guard because as Pat said in an earlier post Google doesn't even know who Nation Guard is. But, I bet after a year on the number 5 car they will.
Uh, Google knows who 'NationsGuard' is (one word, with an 'S').

My curiosity is to see how he does in a Hendrick car compared to Ganassi's rides. I am hoping to see him up front and running the wheels off of it. Somebody has to give Harvick a run for his money.
Harvick? Sir the sports best racer at the moment is Chase Elliott. The way he took over down the stretch, that’s your number one

eh, you know how it goes around here. It won't be enough or the right kind
Well, since you mentioned it, the REAL test will whether they can sign any sponsors that either 1) aren't owned by Rick Hendrick, or 2) aren't already committed to sponsor Hendrick cars. While Freightliner proper has not been a primary sponsor before, they have been a long time HMS associate sponsor, and other brands in the Freightliner family HAVE been primary sponsors on other cars. Cincinatti was already a sponsor on Bowman's car, so I don't believe that was anything but a shift since Alex got the Ally sponsorship. Doesn't look like any new money to me. When they sign a sponsor not already in the HMS fold, I'll breath a little easier.

Well, since you mentioned it, the REAL test will whether they can sign any sponsors that either 1) aren't owned by Rick Hendrick, or 2) aren't already committed to sponsor Hendrick cars. While Freightliner proper has not been a primary sponsor before, they have been a long time HMS associate sponsor, and other brands in the Freightliner family HAVE been primary sponsors on other cars. Cincinatti was already a sponsor on Bowman's car, so I don't believe that was anything but a shift since Alex got the Ally sponsorship. Doesn't look like any new money to me. When they sign a sponsor not already in the HMS fold, I'll breath a little easier.
I look for the wins to come early.
I'm not sure about major corporations loosening their purse strings with such unpredictability on the horizon.

Exactly, the KL blow yards forget that Hendricks has already been cashing checks from these companies for years, both are business partners as well with Cincinnati supplying the machine centers for Hendricks and Freightliner supplying the trucks

I'm not sure about major corporations loosening their purse strings with such unpredictability on the horizon.
It's not like sponsors are beating down any other team's door. In 2021, it's hard to tell the difference between sponsors reluctant to be connected with Kyle vs. sponsors who just don't have the money.

As ole Chuck Brown would say "oh good grief."

Those two sponsors would have to agree to be on Larson's car. Doesn't make any difference how long they have been with Hendrick

True, but having them in house already makes that a MUCH easier sell. It also may help that neither company deals in general consumer products or services, meaning they are less susceptible to the whims of public opinion. I imagine that conversation would look a little different if they were trying to shift Hooters or Ally to the 5 car.

Rick Hendrick doesn’t care whose money he’s taking in support of the 5.

Convicted / pardoned felons are just kinda’ like that.

Maybe The American Honda Motor Company will buck up.

Again.

True, but having them in house already makes that a MUCH easier sell. It also may help that neither company deals in general consumer products or services, meaning they are less susceptible to the whims of public opinion. I imagine that conversation would look a little different if they were trying to shift Hooters or Ally to the 5 car.

I think that's right, for now. I think Larson has really done all he can do in his situation to be contrite, the rest is probably just for time to resolve. His success on the business side probably depends more on his success on the track than anything else. If the 5 team is strong and he continues to say (and more importantly do) the right things, the sponsor support will come - running up front cures most ills as long as he's keeping his nose clean. But I agree it's hard to imagine a major consumer company sticking his face on their products, at least now. Perhaps that will change with time and his continued growth and contribution the community. I think he would be well served to avoid a major public feud with another driver this year.

Hendricks

tenor.gif

Exactly, the KL blow yards forget that Hendricks has already been cashing checks from these companies for years, both are business partners as well with Cincinnati supplying the machine centers for Hendricks and Freightliner supplying the trucks
Ol Rick can fund that car as long as he has too or needs too. Everything else is gravy

Ol Rick can fund that car as long as he has too or needs too. Everything else is gravy
Sure, he CAN, but just like just about every other car owner in motorsports, he won't do it one second longer than he HAS to.

Back
Top Bottom