Hendrick signs Larson

lol. Like you dont know

The question was who would OFFER money to fund the 5, not who Rick would TAKE money from to fund the 5. Two completely different questions. As for the other part, yes, I know, all those guys at Honda were just innocently minding their own business when big bad ole Rick corrupted them. Bribery and extortion are two sides of the same coin....

No, that's the test you invented to fit your whims on the subject. There's nothing real about it, it's quite literally made up by an uninvolved party.

My point was simply that signing a company you OWN and moving sponsorships from ONE car you own to ANOTHER car you own, doesn't mean anything concerning whether Larson is back into a position to be able to attract sponsorship. That MIGHT happen tomorrow, it MIGHT happen two years from now, I have no idea. The point was simply that it hasn't happened YET.

The question was who would OFFER money to fund the 5, not who Rick would TAKE money from to fund the 5. Two completely different questions. As for the other part, yes, I know, all those guys at Honda were just innocently minding their own business when big bad ole Rick corrupted them. Bribery and extortion are two sides of the same coin....
I'm not defending anyone, you are though

And those statements are relevant to THIS conversation exactly how?

It’s part of a larger point. Mr. Hendrick redeemed himself in word and deed and by his many charitable acts. He knows how it feels to be that person.

There is no better place for Kyle Larson to be ... he is getting and will continue to get all the help he needs and some he didn’t know he needed, for as long as it takes. Everyone in NASCAR is invested in the success of this enterprise.

I’d like to suggest that you spend less time and energy fretting about what wealthy people do with their money.

No, that's the test you invented to fit your whims on the subject. There's nothing real about it, it's quite literally made up by an uninvolved party.
I thought Penske Truck Rental and Leasing not being public enough was pretty hilarious myself.
My point was simply that signing a company you OWN and moving sponsorships from ONE car you own to ANOTHER car you own, doesn't mean anything concerning whether Larson is back into a position to be able to attract sponsorship. That MIGHT happen tomorrow, it MIGHT happen two years from now, I have no idea. The point was simply that it hasn't happened YET.
you continue to go around in circles. Freightliner..a HUGE company BTW had to ok spending their money sponsoring Larson. They could have said no but they didn't. You were joking when you were trying to say Freightliner isn't a known entity. Anybody that can read knows what a Freightliner is.

tenor.gif
At least it wasn’t Hendrix

I couldn’t as fan of HMS care less who Rick takes offers from to sponsor or if he decides to sponsor the 5 himself. It’s much ado about nothing, if Kyle wins and wins big while keeping contrite he will get big time sponsors back. I already think he got one back in Freightliner, which is a huge truck chassis and service company. I don’t think they’ve ever been on an HMS Car if my memory serves me correct. Maybe on Kasey Kahne’s? I do remember them being a huge sponsor of SHR, so score one for Kyle already

Reactions: Pat
I thought Penske Truck Rental and Leasing not being public enough was pretty hilarious myself.

you continue to go around in circles. Freightliner..a HUGE company BTW had to ok spending their money sponsoring Larson. They could have said no but they didn't. You were joking when you were trying to say Freightliner isn't a known entity. Anybody that can read knows what a Freightliner is.
I didn't SAY they were an unknown company, I said "neither company deals in general consumer products or services." The last time I checked, they didn't have Freightliners on the shelf at Walmart, at least REAL ones. They have a LOT less to lose by being associated with Larson than most of his previous sponsors. Also, I have no idea what Penske Truck Leasing has to do with this conversation, but since you mentioned it, they are probably the biggest customer Freightliner has. Do you think RP is bothered by them sponsoring Larson? Of course not. And yes, Freightliner had to OK the sponsorship, but in the realm of sponsorship, that's pretty nickel and dime deal, and with a company they were already sponsoring, albeit at a lower level. Who knows how much (or little) money is actually changing hands here.

I'm not defending anyone, you are though
All I'm saying is that deal was a LOT bigger than just Rick Hendrick, yet he is the ONLY one that ever catches hell for it. Yes, his involvement in it was wrong, but several people at Honda, as well as some other dealers were just as guilty, if not more so than Hendrick, but since nobody knows their names, they get a free pass.

Commercial consumer product for those who are the market for their van or diesel fleets.

Not to mention the maintenance done at each locations, this is the local Freightliner dealer not far away from my Parent's house:
AF1QipOeQ4sw8BReRz0pWc0sTZfxTo7gV5hqLT6USsaS=w824-h1552

Its always full with trucks in for maintenance from trucking company fleets and vans. Those customers are consumers of the brand. No matter if its a purchase of an oil change or an accessory purchase, they have now consumed something from the Freightliner brand.

It’s part of a larger point. Mr. Hendrick redeemed himself in word and deed and by his many charitable acts. He knows how it feels to be that person.

There is no better place for Kyle Larson to be ... he is getting and will continue to get all the help he needs and some he didn’t know he needed, for as long as it takes. Everyone in NASCAR is invested in the success of this enterprise.

I’d like to suggest that you spend less time and energy fretting about what wealthy people do with their money.

.Any energy I expend thinking or talking about such things is because I have a an intense interest in the BUSINESS of motorsports, not just watching fancy cars go around in circles. I'm not fretting about anything. My point and ONLY point was that the three entities that have become associated with the 5 car means nothing as far as whether other major companies are ready to put their name (and money) behind Larson yet. When HMS puts somebody who isn't already sponsoring the team in some form or one of his famous B2B deals on the car, then the situation will have changed. This is not an indictment or an endorsement of Kyle Larson the person, just a statement of the BUSINESS side of the equation. If you see it differently, so be it. Your opinion matters as much me as mine does to you.

.Any energy I expend thinking or talking about such things is because I have a an intense interest in the BUSINESS of motorsports, not just watching fancy cars go around in circles. I'm not fretting about anything. My point and ONLY point was that the three entities that have become associated with the 5 car means nothing as far as whether other major companies are ready to put their name (and money) behind Larson yet. When HMS puts somebody who isn't already sponsoring the team in some form or one of his famous B2B deals on the car, then the situation will have changed. This is not an indictment or an endorsement of Kyle Larson the person, just a statement of the BUSINESS side of the equation. If you see it differently, so be it. Your opinion matters as much me as mine does to you.
Oh it isn't the right kind now lol. You going to give yourself a star if it is in the "proper" category, or do we get to laugh some more. I can't wait until Larson is on a Kleenex toilet roll at Wal-Mart. THEN he has arrived.

Commercial consumer product for those who are the market for their van or diesel fleets.

Not to mention the maintenance done at each locations, this is the local Freightliner dealer not far away from my Parent's house:
AF1QipOeQ4sw8BReRz0pWc0sTZfxTo7gV5hqLT6USsaS=w824-h1552

Its always full with trucks in for maintenance from trucking company fleets and vans. Those customers are consumers of the brand. No matter if its a purchase of an oil change or an accessory purchase, they have now consumed something from the Freightliner brand.

Freightliner is NOT the same as McDonald's, or Pepsi or Hooters, or Ally. The vast majority of their business is done with other businesses, not John Q. Public, and mostly for reasons that have nothing to do with things like sponsorship or public image. That makes a HUGE difference, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Also, It is EXTREMELY unlikely that Kyle Larson will ever become a public face of Freightliner. IF they do ANY advertising involving the sponsorship at all, it will likely feature the car only, or the car and the transporter. It's highly possible that any advertising done wouldn't even feature Kyle's name.

Oh it isn't the right kind now lol. You going to give yourself a star if it is in the "proper" category, or do we get to laugh some more. I can't wait until Larson is on a Kleenex toilet roll at Wal-Mart. THEN he has arrived.
Getting the kind of sponsorship Larson has gotten so far is kind of like when your dad hires you to work in the family business. It's nice, but it's not REALLY an accomplishment. Signing Kleenex WOULD be.

Getting the kind of sponsorship Larson has gotten so far is kind of like when your dad hires you to work in the family business. It's nice, but it's not REALLY an accomplishment. Signing Kleenex WOULD be.
Driving for Hendrick Motorsports IS. Do you think Larson gives a tinkers dam about sponsorship and he will be proud to be on a Kleenex roll at Walmart? I have arrived lol.

The guy hasn't even had his first race yet. Lets see how he does and then see if the sponsors come. He is at least going in the right direction from the day this all started. :director: Drivers start your engines! :D

Last edited:
Bruh, just LMAOOOOO....

He doesn't need to be on the face of a Wheaties box.

Dude is back making Cup level money, Rick can afford to use his car dealers as a way to pay for Larson for a bit. No big, I think the season getting close is making everyone antsy a bit.

I just cant see what the big deal about all of this is. He's got 3 sponsors 2 of them are B2b with HMS. I fail on my end to know if Freightliner is a B2B with HMS, but really isnt this making a mountain out of a mole hill? Does Rick, Kyle or anyone else care if its Consumer or B2B sponsorship? Golly gee. From how Rick spends his money on Corvettes, to Push Rods, to now a bug a boo about kinds sponsorship, this place gets frazzled about the most mundane things. I would be happy there is actual sponsorship on Kyle's car this year, if it's one of Rick's companies or someone else, I think thats the main point that is being failed to be grasped.

My favorite consumer products NASCAR sponsor was Boudreaux’s Butt Paste.

Takes the pain away. Still available online @amazon.com.

I just cant see what the big deal about all of this is. He's got 3 sponsors 2 of them are B2b with HMS. I fail on my end to know if Freightliner is a B2B with HMS, but really isnt this making a mountain out of a mole hill? Does Rick, Kyle or anyone else care if its Consumer or B2B sponsorship? Golly gee. From how Rick spends his money on Corvettes, to Push Rods, to now a bug a boo about kinds sponsorship, this place gets frazzled about the most mundane things. I would be happy there is actual sponsorship on Kyle's car this year, if it's one of Rick's companies or someone else, I think thats the main point that is being failed to be grasped.
giphy.gif

Busy today so I asked Mrs. Auntie to stop at Axalta to get me 2 gallons of '76 Porsche Arrest Me Red for the current garage project.

She's been gone for hours.

She’s still not home.

I wonder if she’s in jail?

Back
Top Bottom