Hey Boys and girls

Spotter22

Team Owner
Suffered a stroke over the holiday weekend and still in the hospital. Having trouble speaking but probably will start aggressive therapy in a day or 2.

But the big reason for posting, my brother was in a serious racing accident at Fayeteville Motor speedway Saturday night, he is in critical condition with a broken neck and facial injuries. Send up a prayer or good thoughts for him.
I'll keep you updated.
Thanks guys

Prayers to you and your brother. One day at a time man.

Prayers to both of you. Rough go for the family. Really pulling for your brother.

I'm very sad to hear this and Prayers for you and your brother. I always enjoy your inside insight about racing. From reading all of your posts you come through as a very strong individual and between that and physical therapy hopefully will give you a good chance for a quick and full recovery. Please keep us all posted.

Keep us posted on yourself and brother. I'm praying for you both to make full-recoveries, be easy and rest up. Absolutely horrible for you and yours, I hope things will improve for you all.

Positive thoughts for both of your recoveries

Suffered a stroke over the holiday weekend and still in the hospital. Having trouble speaking but probably will start aggressive therapy in a day or 2.

But the big reason for posting, my brother was in a serious racing accident at Fayeteville Motor speedway Saturday night, he is in critical condition with a broken neck and facial injuries. Send up a prayer or good thoughts for him.
I'll keep you updated.
Thanks guys

I am so sorry, will be in my prayers.

Here's to hoping the best possible outcome for you and your brother. Life definitely threw you a hard one. Prayers for both of you and your family.

Stay strong Spotter hoping for the best for both of you, good thoughts going your way.

My problems seem so small now. Thoughts and prayers for you, your brother and the family.
pray.gif

I'll keep you updated.
Thanks guys
Very sorry to hear of your illness. And doubly sorry to hear of your brother's serious injuries. Sending strong positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family. May you both recover quickly.

Sorry to hear it, Spotter. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your bro.

I hope you and your brother experience a fast recovery and get back to full health in no time. Only good thoughts here.

Yikes , y'all really got poured on with the life rain. Hang in there and please keep us
updated on you both . We have pulled a few out of the ditch around here in the past and our prayers ,
thoughts, and concern will do the same for you and your brother. Have patience while on the injured reserve list.
We are rooting for you two !

Here is an update I wrote yesterday to family and friends. My brother today is still having struggling to move his lower extremities but as I said in this post he has had some success. I have pictures of his wreck and they are unbelievable but I will wait till our family wants to release them, he shouldnt be alive. I'll keep you updated for those that want to keep up.

Talk to you guys soon.

Good morning to all my dear friends and family.

First off, let me thank you ALL for your prayers and well wishes during this very tough time and I want you to know I appreciate it more then any words can ever convey.

My recovery from the stroke is going well, I have weakness on my right side BUT can walk on my own, dress myself etc but I get tired from standing after a while but the Doctors say this is normal and I will get stronger. Also I still have a little trouble with my speech, I can talk plainly but Im having trouble remembering what Im talking about and finding the words I want to use, this is also normal and with more therapy can be repaired. Gonna take a little time but I'm gonna whip this and be back to 100%

Update on my brother: I finally got to facetime with him and he is still .....Buddy. He has that sense of humor and told me my face looked Fat on Camera lol. His upper body strength is good and I watched him push off with his legs so there is movement but we have to see how much after all the swelling goes down, but If you know my brother he is one tough MAN and he will ,after all thats said and done,walk out of the Hospital. Continue to pray for him and drop him encouraging notes, this will be a battle.

Finally to my Mom, my sisters (Kathy,Ann and Natalie) and to My rock and best friend Tammy Ford... I love you all.You are compassionate, caring, rock solid pillars of strength and Im not sure where we would be without you all.

I cant imagine what its been like for my mother, she gets the devastating call about Buddy in the middle of the night and she and my sisters ( Kathy and Natalie) make the drive to UNC Chappell Hill in a driving rainstorm to be with him. Ann is in Camden and Im in Charlotte so we plan to ride together first thing that morning....... but at around 6 am waiting on Ann, i had my stroke. I cant imagine what it was like for my mom to get that second message of bad news, its simply inspiring how strong this woman is, I love you. I'm going to tell you all exactly what happened to me so if you have any of these symptoms do not hesitate, GO TO THE HOSPITAL!

I was brushing my teeth and looked up in the mirror and noticed half of my face was blurry, I was confused and was trying to reason with myself that it was because i just woke up, so I go try to put my pants on and I notice I cant button my jeans because my right hand is too weak, again I try to reason with myself that its nothing, then I start to feel numbness in my face and so I went and woke up Tammy, she asked me to talk to her and immediately knew I was having a stroke and called 911, if she hadnt have been with me I'm not sure I would be out of the hospital right now, her quick diagnosis and thinking probably saved me from months of rehab or even worse. She is my guardian angel and my best friend.

I know this has been long and rambling ( what do you expect I had a stroke) but i just wanted to fill you guys and girls in with whats going on. Please keep Buddy in your prayers.

Back
Top Bottom