Hey Boys and girls

Wow prayers to both of you and your families. Its a tough recovery but stick with it and you will be back to normal in no time!

Suffered a stroke over the holiday weekend and still in the hospital. Having trouble speaking but probably will start aggressive therapy in a day or 2.

But the big reason for posting, my brother was in a serious racing accident at Fayeteville Motor speedway Saturday night, he is in critical condition with a broken neck and facial injuries. Send up a prayer or good thoughts for him.
I'll keep you updated.
Thanks guys
Best thoughts for you and your brother.

Any update on how the two of you are doing?
@Spotter22
I just got home after getting to see my brother for the first time since the accident and my stroke. Im coming along well, still have some memory problems and right side weakness but Im able to do all the everyday things and take care of myself. My brother cant walk, BUT we got some encouraging news and the doctors think he will walk again after extensive rehab. It may take up to a year but they are confident he will do so. That was the best Christmas present we could ever ask for. My mother is a rock but I know she is emotionally spent after going through this and I ask you guys and girls to keep them both in your prayers. Thank you for asking Clutch, means a lot. I have some pictures of the accident at the race track and I will post them later. They are hard for me to look at but I want others to see what a miracle it is that he is still alive. God bless you all and Merry Christmas to my friends here on the forum.

That is good news on both of you! Thanks for the
update and keep chipping away at it.

Back in '92 I was involved in a fairly serious accident.
It included surgery and 3 months of rehab.
I use to tell myself "if Davey Allison can make
it through his , I can make it through mine".

Gonna try to post these pics of my brothers wreck. This has been a tough deal but I wanted to share, Ive been with him and he is going through rehab like a champ.
buddy1.jpg
buddy2.jpg
buddy1.jpg
buddy2.jpg
buddy3.jpg
buddy4.jpg

Good god, that's awful. Was it the result of contact or catch and flip?

Much respect for the racer that would want us to know that the wreck occurred while he was battling for the lead.

Great to hear that he is doing well in rehab.
I always appreciate reading your racing knowledge and experiences here at RF.
I wish you and your brother only the best and great recoveries.

Much respect for the racer that would want us to know that the wreck occurred while he was battling for the lead.

Great to hear that he is doing well in rehab.
I always appreciate reading your racing knowledge and experiences here at RF.
I wish you and your brother only the best and great recoveries.
Thanks, you know how these drivers are. ;)

Hey Spotter; how about an update on you two bro's before Daytona consumes us. Thanks.
Current situation. I'm back to about 90% and doing some work, my speech and memory is much better. Might go down to Daytona for a couple of days. My Brother was released last week from Roper Spinal institute and is using a walker but he is walking! He will continue out patient therapy but they say he is well ahead of schedule and they are certain he will make a full recovery!

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers during this time, it was much appreciated!

Lets go Racing!

Current situation. I'm back to about 90% and doing some work, my speech and memory is much better. Might go down to Daytona for a couple of days. My Brother was released last week from Roper Spinal institute and is using a walker but he is walking! He will continue out patient therapy but they say he is well ahead of schedule and they are certain he will make a full recovery!

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers during this time, it was much appreciated!

Lets go Racing!
I have to say, this really warms my heart. You are a survivor. I don't recall if I disclosed this here to the forum, or just a few posters. But in the summer of 2018, I was hospitalized with Guillian Barre Syndrome for almost 3 months. June 12th-August 28th. Paralysis from my hands and my face spread to my diaphragm, resulting respiratory failure and a med flight into Boston on a respirator where I descended into total paralysis as my nerves healed. While I didn't have any cognitive issues with it like a stroke, like you, I had to learn to speak properly again, breath, walk stand use the bathroom etc. I'm fully recovered, except for some minor neuropathy and nerve damage in my feet still, and some general fatigue and occasional weakness. So I too share the journey have having to overcome a scary medical issues.

My point here, is my sensitive nature is now extra-sensitive to those who overcome medical hardships. So well done on your recovery this last month and finding the resolve to overcome your stroke!! Very happy for you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have to say, this really warms my heart. You are a survivor. I don't recall if I disclosed this here to the forum, or just a few posters. But in the summer of 2018, I was hospitalized with Guillian Barre Syndrome for almost 3 months. June 12th-August 28th. Paralysis from my hands and my face spread to my diaphragm, resulting respiratory failure and a med flight into Boston on a respirator where I descended into total paralysis as my nerves healed. While I didn't have any cognitive issues with it like a stroke, like you, I had to learn to speak properly again, breath, walk stand use the bathroom etc. I'm fully recovered, except for some minor neuropathy and nerve damage in my feet still, and some general fatigue and occasional weakness. So I too share the journey have having to overcome a scary medical issues.

My point here, is my sensitive nature is now extra-sensitive to those who overcome medical hardships. So well done on your recovery this last month and finding the resolve to overcome your stroke!! Very happy for you.

Damn man. That is rough. Couldn't fathom. I'm glad you've also recovered.

I just got home after getting to see my brother for the first time since the accident and my stroke. Im coming along well, still have some memory problems and right side weakness but Im able to do all the everyday things and take care of myself. My brother cant walk, BUT we got some encouraging news and the doctors think he will walk again after extensive rehab. It may take up to a year but they are confident he will do so. That was the best Christmas present we could ever ask for. My mother is a rock but I know she is emotionally spent after going through this and I ask you guys and girls to keep them both in your prayers. Thank you for asking Clutch, means a lot. I have some pictures of the accident at the race track and I will post them later. They are hard for me to look at but I want others to see what a miracle it is that he is still alive. God bless you all and Merry Christmas to my friends here on the forum.
How did Buddy's rehab go? And yours too Spotter. Reading your posts makes one forget you recently suffered a stroke.
Hope you are both well and happy with the progress made.

How did Buddy's rehab go? And yours too Spotter. Reading your posts makes one forget you recently suffered a stroke.
Hope you are both well and happy with the progress made.
Hey Clutch thanks for asking bud. Me, I'm back to about 98%. Only thing missing is on the right hand the pinky and the finger next to it are partially paralyzed but other then that good to go! Buddy is walking unassisted but still moving in slow motion and dealing with low blood pressure issues due to the head injury but all things considered he is in great shape! Thanks for asking bud and I hope you get to make a trip over here soon to see us!

Damn man I'm just now reading this, somehow I never saw or remembered the notification. So glad you are doing well and yes it becomes very emotional for me now when I hear of others having troubles. Thanks for sharing that.

Hey Clutch thanks for asking bud. Me, I'm back to about 98%. Only thing missing is on the right hand the pinky and the finger next to it are partially paralyzed but other then that good to go! Buddy is walking unassisted but still moving in slow motion and dealing with low blood pressure issues due to the head injury but all things considered he is in great shape! Thanks for asking bud and I hope you get to make a trip over here soon to see us!
Great news! .....and me too!

First time I've seen this thread but very glad to see you and your brother are doing so much better. Best wishes to you both and I'll continue to look forward to your posts.

It's been a year since this happened. I actually remember when you posted this. I'm glad both of you are doing fine.

Suffered a stroke over the holiday weekend and still in the hospital. Having trouble speaking but probably will start aggressive therapy in a day or 2.

But the big reason for posting, my brother was in a serious racing accident at Fayeteville Motor speedway Saturday night, he is in critical condition with a broken neck and facial injuries. Send up a prayer or good thoughts for him.
I'll keep you updated.
Thanks guys
Prayers sent... hope both of you recover fully.

Digging through some old threads here.

How you doing Spotter?

Digging through some old threads here.

How you doing Spotter?
I'm doing well my friend and I appreciate you asking. I have limited damage from the stroke, the pinky finger on my right hand is partially paralyzed and tucks under the finger beside it and I have some memory problems. I was very lucky I recognised something was wrong early and my girlfriend called 911 and they got me to the hospital in under 30 minuets. Again I appreciate you taking the time to follow up. Hope you are doing well.

I'm doing well my friend and I appreciate you asking. I have limited damage from the stroke, the pinky finger on my right hand is partially paralyzed and tucks under the finger beside it and I have some memory problems. I was very lucky I recognised something was wrong early and my girlfriend called 911 and they got me to the hospital in under 30 minuets. Again I appreciate you taking the time to follow up. Hope you are doing well.
I rarely ever view this forum and was unaware of your issues with a stroke. Not sure why, but stumbled across it this morning while waiting for my Bride. Sorry to hear of the issue and good to know you are recovering with minimal problems as a result.
Keep up the good fight and stay healthy although a stroke can affect anyone even those who follow a strict regimen of good diet, exercise and moderation in all things others might consider harmful. You know, like smoking and alcohol. :rolleyes:
Best wishes for a continuing path to recovery.

In reading through all the replies and improvements your brother is making it sounds positive. Sending nothing but good wishes and kind thoughts for your brother. He's like you in being a real fighter!!

Back
Top Bottom