High Limit Racing

Heard the Outlaws did not approve their guys to run.

A fresh 410 with all the best parts will cost you $75,000

Heard the Outlaws did not approve their guys to run.

This has been the policy for at least a couple decades, and it's not going to change overnight. I am interested to see whether negotiations might produce an agreement for next season, given Sweet's involvement and Larson's support of WoO. I would hope so for non-conflicting events.

I know I've seen Brent Marks is going. No Bell as he's running the Pintys series on dirt tonight.

So Brad Sweet isn't entering this event, but his merch trailer is on the property? WTF?
What Weaver said he and Larson are the promoters. Which is why I think Outlaws will be able to do it next year.

So Brad Sweet isn't entering this event, but his merch trailer is on the property? WTF?

That is humorous, but he is obviously contractually prohibited from racing due to his "platinum member" status with WoO. Same reason Stenhouse is essentially driving Haudenschild's car there tonight.

In one way, I hope that WoO decides starting next season not to amp up any tension with this new limited series, so long as it remains just that - - a limited, mostly mid-week series that is envisioned as the sprint car version of the late model "Flo Racing Night in America".

On the other hand, WoO's brand protection strategy exists for a reason. While in the abstract I'm always for maximum freedom and opportunities for drivers and teams, any substantial easing of the exclusivity requirements would effectively spell their end. Why is this new series any more deserving of special exemption than ASCoC events?

Over in late model land, none of the series place these kinds of restrictions on their full timers. They both tried for a short time, but in the end the racers have too much opportunity to race for big money far and wide to be willing to sign away their freedom. While there are positives to this, the practical outcome is that the tours themselves mean less. Eventually at least one of them (not coincidentally the one owned by WoO) may be facing an existential crisis.

Unfortunately "The Split" in this realm involving the formation of the NST happened a little too recently for comfort. The NST had a real shot at upending WoO in 2006 and 2007 until its owner Fred Brownfield unexpectedly died.

This will be an interesting situation to watch unfold.

Basically looks like an ASCOC show

35 cars
FB_IMG_1660688675109.jpg

Quick time - Alex Bowman - 11.599

Larson 7th, Stenhouse 8th, Chase Briscoe 21st.

Finally gonna get to see McKenna Haase run. I'm all about women drivers! At least in sprint cars not as likely to get knocked out of the way.
Went straight to the back. She hasn't done much racing last couple seasons. Maybe there IS a reason she doesn't get tons of support? Just not that good. I wonder about the head injury she had in the highway wreck. Lot's of competitive people won't admit they aren't the same. Or maybe she just doesn't have the equipment to be competitive? Hasn't had a regular crew for this season.

Larson drives away from Zeb Wise and the rest of the field to win Heat 3.

Kofoid wins it. Stenhouse 4th, Bowman 6th, Larson 10th.

Bounty on Larson - all cars finishing ahead of him split an extra 10 grand. Something different.

Went straight to the back. She hasn't done much racing last couple seasons. Maybe there IS a reason she doesn't get tons of support? Just not that good. I wonder about the head injury she had in the highway wreck. Lot's of competitive people won't admit they aren't the same. Or maybe she just doesn't have the equipment to be competitive? Hasn't had a regular crew for this season.
In all fairness, she was pretty darn stout at the Knoxville Nationals last week finishing 21st in the B. She fell back in the C main, but recovered enough to transfer to the b. She also was working in the Hall f fame during the day.

i think they all did a great job,and it looked like everyone was having fun, glad it worked out so good

She was probably just playing it safe, staying out of the way and getting her race legs back under her. JMHO.

That is humorous, but he is obviously contractually prohibited from racing due to his "platinum member" status with WoO. Same reason Stenhouse is essentially driving Haudenschild's car there tonight.

In one way, I hope that WoO decides starting next season not to amp up any tension with this new limited series, so long as it remains just that - - a limited, mostly mid-week series that is envisioned as the sprint car version of the late model "Flo Racing Night in America".

On the other hand, WoO's brand protection strategy exists for a reason. While in the abstract I'm always for maximum freedom and opportunities for drivers and teams, any substantial easing of the exclusivity requirements would effectively spell their end. Why is this new series any more deserving of special exemption than ASCoC events?

Over in late model land, none of the series place these kinds of restrictions on their full timers. They both tried for a short time, but in the end the racers have too much opportunity to race for big money far and wide to be willing to sign away their freedom. While there are positives to this, the practical outcome is that the tours themselves mean less. Eventually at least one of them (not coincidentally the one owned by WoO) may be facing an existential crisis.

Unfortunately "The Split" in this realm involving the formation of the NST happened a little too recently for comfort. The NST had a real shot at upending WoO in 2006 and 2007 until its owner Fred Brownfield unexpectedly died.

This will be an interesting situation to watch unfold.
This sounds a lot like the PGA and LIV golf.

Even if WoO "allowed" their drivers to race in this, I'm not sure how many would on a regular basis. They already race 85-90 times a year.

WOW, she is the real deal, quite the young Lady. Thanks for putting this up.

I copied one of the sayings in her facebook list. This is my thoughts exactly. My Short version, at the bottom.

1660762535744.png

Short version, "WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT" :punkrocke

Back
Top Bottom