Homestead - FORD 400 - Pre Race Thread

I to, would like to see a caution with 15 to go and a 10 lap shoot out with Matt leading and Harvick second running door to door turn after turn with Joey trying to catch them.

As far as the other two contenders, hearing Hamlin whining about why (whomever) got in his way and caused him to spin that brought out the last caution, and Newman watching the final 10 laps from his plane as it lands back in Charlotte, after being taken out by Kyle Larson on lap 2.

Odds of winning the Cup on Sunday, according to vegasinsider.com:

Harvick - 3:2
Logano - 5:2
Hamlin - 7:2
Newman - 15:4

It'd be funny if Newman wins Homestead after all the winless champion discussion.
I think it would be great so that the discussion may eventually be able to be put to rest. Who am I kidding?

I know that I always find myself rooting for the underdog in other sports when my team is out of the hunt. Newman falls under that category. More power to him if he's able to pull it off.

Newman and team has done more with less than any of them left IMO, best year for the Childress bunch in a long time. Quite an accomplishment. Amazing how certain combinations of personnel just click together. Hamlin is hard for me to stomach, but to his credit, he spotted them all a race, but he had already won one, but at any rate, he came back and has put together some good finishes. His pit crew team should get a whole bunch of credit for it too.

Newman and team has done more with less than any of them left IMO, best year for the Childress bunch in a long time. Quite an accomplishment. Amazing how certain combinations of personnel just click together.
Especially when you have two drivers, Harvick/Newman, swap rides and the success is felt immediately.

Kurt Busch immediately did better with a swap. He doesn't have any excuses now about the car, but he walled it and took out a lot of speed out of the car last week.

Kurt Busch immediately did better with a swap. He doesn't have any excuses now about the car, but he walled it and took out a lot of speed out of the car last week.
Yeah, he did. I wonder how much all of his ongoing drama, when it was all behind the scene, was affecting him?

ODDS TO WIN 2014 FORD ECO BOOST (11/16/14)
DriverOdds
Kevin Harvick9/2
Jeff Gordon5/1
Jimmie Johnson5/1
Brad Keselowski7/1
Joey Logano7/1
Kyle Busch10/1
Matt Kenseth10/1
Denny Hamlin12/1
Kyle Larson12/1
Dale Earnhardt Jr.15/1
Kurt Busch20/1
Jamie McMurray25/1
Kasey Kahne25/1
Ryan Newman30/1
Tony Stewart40/1
Carl Edwards60/1
Clint Bowyer60/1
Brian Vickers100/1
Greg Biffle100/1
Martin Truex Jr.100/1
Paul Menard100/1
Austin Dillon200/1
AJ Allmendinger300/1
Aric Almirola300/1
Danica Patrick300/1
Justin Allgaier300/1
Marcos Ambrose300/1
Ricky Stenhouse300/1
Trevor Bayne300/1
Field (Any Other Driver)300/1

ODDS TO WIN 2014 SPRINT CUP CHAMPIONSHIP (11/16/14)
DriverOdds
Kevin Harvick3/2
Joey Logano5/2
Denny Hamlin7/2
Ryan Newman15/4

ODDS TO WIN 2014 FORD ECO BOOST (11/16/14)
DriverOdds
Kevin Harvick9/2
Jeff Gordon5/1
Jimmie Johnson5/1
Brad Keselowski7/1
Joey Logano7/1
Kyle Busch10/1
Matt Kenseth10/1
Denny Hamlin12/1
Kyle Larson12/1
Dale Earnhardt Jr.15/1
Kurt Busch20/1
Jamie McMurray25/1
Kasey Kahne25/1
Ryan Newman30/1
Tony Stewart40/1
Carl Edwards60/1
Clint Bowyer60/1
Brian Vickers100/1
Greg Biffle100/1
Martin Truex Jr.100/1
Paul Menard100/1
Austin Dillon200/1
AJ Allmendinger300/1
Aric Almirola300/1
Danica Patrick300/1
Justin Allgaier300/1
Marcos Ambrose300/1
Ricky Stenhouse300/1
Trevor Bayne300/1
Field (Any Other Driver)300/1

ODDS TO WIN 2014 SPRINT CUP CHAMPIONSHIP (11/16/14)
DriverOdds
Kevin Harvick3/2
Joey Logano5/2
Denny Hamlin7/2
Ryan Newman15/4
I'll take Newman for $100 @ 30/1

I am thankful for not having to witness this again on Sunday.....

c9c733c9d36af89d3c9a19b4c6118380.jpg

I expect Harvick to unload with the dominant car, much like at Phoenix and many other races this year. With HMS not having a dog in the fight in the final four, Hendrick will throw his full support behind the 4 team since it's his satellite team. Much like Tony Stewart in 2011

Newman and team has done more with less than any of them left IMO, best year for the Childress bunch in a long time. Quite an accomplishment. Amazing how certain combinations of personnel just click together. Hamlin is hard for me to stomach, but to his credit, he spotted them all a race, but he had already won one, but at any rate, he came back and has put together some good finishes. His pit crew team should get a whole bunch of credit for it too.
I'm not a Hamlin fan but he cannot be ruled out from taking the Championship.

He seems to be overlooked by some.

If Hamlin wins the championship we will hear the word "redemption" too many times.

And then several documentaries featuring the subject "is the new format made to stop Jimmie Johnson?"
  • Then he will win in 2015 due to the new car config.

There are still some big names..and some small ones that hasn't won yet.

Who gets their first and lone win of the season at Homestead?

Tony Stewart
Matt Kenseth
Greg Biffle
Jamie Mcmurray
Ryan Newman
Martin Truex
Clint Bowyer

Who gets the win or will all of these drivers have to wait a few more months?

I to, would like to see a caution with 15 to go and a 10 lap shoot out with Matt leading and Harvick second running door to door turn after turn with Joey trying to catch them.

As far as the other two contenders, hearing Hamlin whining about why (whomever) got in his way and caused him to spin that brought out the last caution, and Newman watching the final 10 laps from his plane as it lands back in Charlotte, after being taken out by Kyle Larson on lap 2.

That won't happen; Larson isn't upset.

I wonder if there'll be any team orders for the non-Chase drivers of Joe Gibbs Racing, Penske, RCR, and Stewart-Haas,

Any guesses on what position this years champion will finish this race?
No worse than 3rd, I think. Keselowski and Gordon should contend as usual but the #22 and #4 will probably be on top of their game. Even the #11 is usually very solid here.

There are still some big names..and some small ones that hasn't won yet.

Who gets their first and lone win of the season at Homestead?

Tony Stewart
Matt Kenseth
Greg Biffle
Jamie Mcmurray
Ryan Newman
Martin Truex
Clint Bowyer

Who gets the win or will all of these drivers have to wait a few more months?
I'd like to see McMurray, Kenseth, or especially Stewart win but I don't see it happening.

This would be the only season of Stewart's career without a win.

Harvick had many better seasons with RCR and also went into the finale still in championship contention a few times, namely 2006, 2010, and 2013.

That won't happen; Larson isn't upset.

Do you really believe that? You know Larson is groomed in how to talk to the press, but, in the back of his mind you can bet there will be a payback and I for one hope it happens in Homestead. If he does not get him back he will be the whipping boy for years to come.

Were the points reset for the final 4 drivers? I hope so personally. Nothing worse than watching someone lead but another 10 spots back winning. I would like to see newman win, not sure why. never was a fan. Then it would be a tie between harvick and logano. Hamlin seems like a cry baby whiner that I just cannot support

Back
Top Bottom