Honda Indy 200 @ Mid-Ohio

This is what I hate about racing. Bad stuff always happens to the different drivers that have a chance to win. Every damn time

I agree with Hobbs, that was the pit crew's fault for the way the air hose was laid out.

These ******* pit crews. These little underdog teams, they don't get killed by the better engineers or drivers, seems like they ALWAYS get sunk by their crappy pit crews. Remember Kurt Busch's last year in the #78? The big guys just have the best pit crews. Well, get after 'em Josef.
see the hose way out there..difference between a sharp crew and one that isn't

They may be a little down on hp but those Hondas do make fuel.

I love IndyCar to death but I sure wouldn't shed a tear if Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course was dropped from the schedule. Or make all the Target Chip Ganassi Racing cars start a lap down. One of them would still win by 47 seconds but it might not be as horrible.

Nice shout out for Milwaukee and David Hobbs Honda. (lol)

Is Diffey correct? I thought Ganassi consolidated the IndyCar shop to North Carolina.

Good job computer, ran out of gas 300 yards after the finish line.

This is Honda's second fuel economy win after the Indy GP by my recollection.

good race, tough break for Newgarden dang it, dog's about to pop I'm outta here..great weekend for racing, I'm worn out.

good race, tough break for Newgarden dang it, dog's about to pop I'm outta here..great weekend for racing, I'm worn out.
Hey, not over yet. NHRA drag racing on ESPN2 in 1h10m. 10,000 hp nitro cars you *****.

This track is pretty dull. Not many passing areas
The Keyhole and the China Beach corner are nice but it seems pretty small for a road course. If IndyCar can ever go back to Watkins Glen with the Boot layout and Road America I'll be ecstatic.

Yeah, Mid-Ohio is pretty narrow for a road course. Kind of like Barber or Laguna Seca.

thought race was pretty good....for mid ohio.

pullin for newgarden ta win. a shame ta lose it that way.
but thinkin he screwed up ....not pit crew.
pulled in too close ta pit wall. ?
hose on lft side.....and tires on rt side .... layed out as visual pit markers for him .
but i didn't record race...anybody have vid clip of it ?

good run for sebastian and munoz.

thought race was pretty good....for mid ohio.

pullin for newgarden ta win. a shame ta lose it that way.
but thinkin he screwed up ....not pit crew.
pulled in too close ta pit wall. ?
hose on lft side.....and tires on rt side .... layed out as visual pit markers for him .
but i didn't record race...anybody have vid clip of it ?

good run for sebastian and munoz.
When somebody bootlegs the race to YouTube I will try to grab a few pictures from the replay but definately looked like the loop of the air hose was laid out in where the car would need to go.

When somebody bootlegs the race to YouTube I will try to grab a few pictures from the replay but definately looked like the loop of the air hose was laid out in where the car would need to go.

thanks. lost shot at win regardless.

Dixon drives a Chevy not a Honda. Not another Honda fuel milage win. Thanks for not calling me out, RF crew. :p

Yes, the hose was definitely out where it should not have been, They showed it during the race. That was a shame. Newgarden is ready to start winning some races.

It was another great race. I like the Mid-Ohio race. Probably because it is only about three hours from me if I decide to go. I'd didn't go today. I did go last year when Kimbell won. The reason they like to run it is because it is the Rahal's race and it is near their home. I think a lot of the races are like that. Detroit is Penske's race. Pocano-Andretti, etc. I was glad to see Dixon win. He is really a nice guy and a good sport. I sure do miss Franchitti. It is good to see him at the races, though.

OMG!! Sato finished!!? And only a lap down? Good for him. It's a shame AJ can't win a few more races.

Team taking responsibility for Newgarden's airhose:

http://www.indystar.com/story/curt-...rah-fisher-hartman-classy-in-defeat/13568837/

I'm proud of Andy O'Gara for accepting responsibility; he said he called Newgarden to the pits when the car was in Turn 9 (of 13), and the crew wasn't ready for the stop. An air hose was left in Newgarden's path, and the contact with it caused the right rear tire changer to tumble, the timing of the stop to be thrown off and a penalty to be issued for hitting pit equipment. Tough luck. As for Newgarden, he had every right to be upset and a lot of drivers would have lashed out, but he handled the disappointment with all the class Sarah Fisher and Wink Hartman could have asked for.

NBCSN continued to deliver big increases for IndyCar coverage last weekend.

The IndyCar Series race from Mid-Ohio earned 386,000 viewers on NBCSN Sunday afternoon, up 98% from last year (195K) but down 38% from 2012 on ABC (626K). The race ranks as the fourth out of the last six on NBCSN (excludes rainouts) to have an increase of at least 50% over last year.

Through nine races this season, NBCSN has averaged 398,000 viewers for IndyCar coverage — up 38% from 289,000 through the comparable point last year. Barring a dramatic downturn over the next three races, NBCSN is virtually assured its most-watched IndyCar season in at least three years.

The success for NBCSN comes on the heels of a solid season for ABC, which saw its ratings and viewership each increase by 14% thanks to improved numbers for the Indy 500.
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/08/indycar-viewership-up-big-once-again-on-nbcsn/

Back
Top Bottom