How does everyone like the new Q format?

Love the new qualifying but hate the Nascar stubborness that won't allow engine coolers because they didn't think of it, first...same as safer barriors, they wait until someone dies til they do something

They are saying on NASCAR Radio that this past Friday's crowd was the largest Friday crowd to date @ Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Looks like some fans are liking this new method of qualifying.

They are saying on NASCAR Radio that this past Friday's crowd was the largest Friday crowd to date @ Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Looks like some fans are liking this new method of qualifying.

The Friday crowd at Phoenix was tiny but the threat of rain may have been the reason for it :idunno:

High temps here right now are in the high 70s to low 80s, nothing compared to 118 to 120 temps in the summer. I had to put a light jacket on for the Friday night race

Isn't the Sun brutal in those stands even this early in the year? I'm in NC and the Sun already makes me sweat.

I read somewhere , either Friday or Saturday, that Penske has developed a process that would allow for cooling the engine on pit road without opening the hood. He had it at the track, just in case NASCAR would allow it.

I'm hoping I read it correctly and NASCAR gets it approved before we have a huge pile-up on the track. M'ville in particular is worrisome because there is NO apron. Bristol is bad, but at least it has a flat to run on.

Isn't the Sun brutal in those stands even this early in the year? I'm in NC and the Sun already makes me sweat.

I work in the direct sun nearly every day and it doesnt bother me. I can sit in those stands for 30 minutes when there arent many people and the sun burns the crap outta me. We spend a great deal of time in the pit area when the sun is out

I read somewhere , either Friday or Saturday, that Penske has developed a process that would allow for cooling the engine on pit road without opening the hood. He had it at the track, just in case NASCAR would allow it.

I'm hoping I read it correctly and NASCAR gets it approved before we have a huge pile-up on the track. M'ville in particular is worrisome because there is NO apron. Bristol is bad, but at least it has a flat to run on.

Is this something thats going to take them months to approve or will we be seeing it soon ?

I know that I am in the minority here, but I hate the new qualifying. In my mind, all you have is guys trying to milk more out of the car in the last round than it wants to give instead of rewarding outright speed. If the guys were allowed 2 sets of tires that would change things.

Back
Top Bottom