How long do you think the 2nd Daytona race will remain in August?

furredracer88

Team Owner
Personally I'm not a fan of the date for the Pepsi 400 for 2020 and beyond. Ever since it's inception in the 1950s, the race has been held either on the 4th of July or on the 4th of July weekend. It doesn't feel right to break tradition like this and I don't think that the Brickyard is a decent replacement. I hope this change isn't permanent

You know what, I won't stop complaining until NASCAR moves this race back where it belongs. Mouthbreathers at R/NASCAR be damned

The whole Indy/ Daytona swap to me is one that I think NASCAR took a BIG swing and miss on. I can't see how it makes sense for EITHER race, and might just finally kill of the Brickyard 400.

It seems like the type of idea that NASCAR will probably ride out for the foreseeable future.

They’d love to make a plate race the championship decider... so making it set the playoffs is what they’ll settle for.

I think we should get use to it.

It seems like the type of idea that NASCAR will probably ride out for the foreseeable future.

They’d love to make a plate race the championship decider... so making it set the playoffs is what they’ll settle for.

I think we should get use to it.
Or we can run from the sport.

Steve Phelps and Steve O'Donnell have done a careful analysis of the data and have concluded that this is what the fans want. Anyone who says otherwise isn't in the majority of the fanbase!

Personally, I hope not very long and I will make sure I include that in every FC survey I do, but the reality, I think NASCAR is going to be stubborn and stand behind this switch for a good amount of time.

My brother in law owns the flea-market and he said anheuser busch limited their free tickets including the suite by 60% because it's not a popular event. They were mad because July is prime selling beer season and August us usually their 5th best selling season.

Do none of you listen to Jeff Burton? Playoffs matter! Points matter! What better way to emphasize it than making a plate racing the deciding race! It’s what the FANS want! The polls are in!

I would hope NASCAR does the right thing in the future and move it back to the 4th of July. It’s just frustrating watching this sport piss yet another tradition away. And for Indianapolis another tradition that’s on life support, but I’ll be honest there’s no way that date is going to be successful, the Midwest in July is unbearable. At least there’s a beach in Daytona. That race will get very poor attendance, I’m sure they know that and will use it to murder the date. Which will then be the catalyst to move Daytona to the last race of the season...which I’m fine with. It’s the best track (amenities-wise), their Crown Jewel facility. I’m fine with it because if you’re going to have a gimmick final for your gimmick points system, mind as well have it at your best facility, like I’ve said in the past if you’re going to jump in the pool..jump all the way into the deep end.

My guess is Daytona moving to August is more TV driven than anything else. Right now they're doing everything they can to throw Indianapolis a bone to make the Brickyard 400 what it once was. They've given them the Xfinity race for more of the TV money, they've moved it to September and now it'll be on the 4th of July next year. Whether NBC has success with having back to back Saturday afternoon Cup races will determine if this schedule structure is a short-lived one.

I'm fine with moving Daytona away from this date, but wish Bristol or Martinsville under the lights would have taken its place. Indy on this weekend makes zero sense aside from a potential TV ratings boost from the mode casual fans because it's something new.

i think the race is moving because ‘in nascar’s line of thinking’, they start the regular season at Daytona... they will then finish the regular season at Daytona.

Its another way to stand firm on having the playoffs. They’re going to ‘hype’ the crap out of finalizing the 16 playoff drivers with the 2nd Daytona race.

I thought it was kinda obvious what they were going for...

I'd like to change my answer to "when it gets moved to November"

The few times I’ve attended the July race is solely because it falls around Independence Day, with a September date, I now have zero desire. Indy I have zero desire regardless of date, unless they want to run that crappy road course with Indy car as a double header.

It also took them 5 years to wake up about scheduling the Daytona 500 the weekend after Presidents’ Day. So 2025 is my guess, unless they ax second dates by then.

i think the race is moving because ‘in nascar’s line of thinking’, they start the regular season at Daytona... they will then finish the regular season at Daytona.

Its another way to stand firm on having the playoffs. They’re going to ‘hype’ the crap out of finalizing the 16 playoff drivers with the 2nd Daytona race.

I thought it was kinda obvious what they were going for...
Then don't watch the playoffs at all, it's hard to twist low ratings and attendance

It's what the fans who have a favorable opinion of NASCAR want!

Back
Top Bottom