How long does Lionel take?

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
Back in June of 2020, I ordered a Bubba Wallace #BLM car (let's keep politics out of this please) and it's been on "Waiting for fulfillment" ever since then. How long does it take for Lionel to ship out online orders?

I would imagine you should have gotten it being there are many that have been circulating around. A call to their customer service would probably be good to try.

At least you did your order with Lionel directly. Plan B Sales has some of the worst customer service I’ve encountered when it comes to problem solving, they’re never wrong. Even if they are.

I had to learn my lesson there

I got mine through Plan B and when I ordered they said November December

Back in June of 2020, I ordered a Bubba Wallace #BLM car (let's keep politics out of this please) and it's been on "Waiting for fulfillment" ever since then. How long does it take for Lionel to ship out online orders?
Just as an example, my girlfriend ordered the Kelly Blue Book car from Chase's Charlotte win which was in May. I went back and found the item on the website and it shows an estimated ship date the first week of December. If you go to the product page for the car you ordered it may show a date now.

Just as an example, my girlfriend ordered the Kelly Blue Book car from Chase's Charlotte win which was in May. I went back and found the item on the website and it shows an estimated ship date the first week of December. If you go to the product page for the car you ordered it may show a date now.

That actually helped, 11/12/2020 is what they have for the shipping date, so neat!

I actually share an elevator ride with the VP of Lionel back in 2015 in Michigan. She told me that they had stopped building x number of decants for a run. They are now basically wait to see what the demand is, and build to that. This is why it takes forever. At one point does one determine that the demand has been defined? I used to love decants, but anymore, it is more trouble than it is worth.....and this isn't about politics....it's about social consciousness and equity. Good on you for choosing that car with that message. I cannot wait for Bubba to be in MY Toyota camp....that will be a die cast worth waiting for..

I'm confused because I ordered mine with plan b, they emailed me today and said the 1:64 car is in and to update my payment, which hasn't changed since I gave it to them, and when I click order it says correct the highlighted area and there isn't one....I'm going to try on my gf computer tomorrow in case my old computer is part of the issue. Ugh this is why I buy 25 year old diecasts for 8 bucks at dirt tracks

I just got an email this morning that the bounty win truck from Charlotte has shipped. That kind of surprised me since I figured the Charlotte Cup win would come faster than that one.

In general, expect 6-8 months on average for "special" run cars. Lionel is very slow to produce the cars as they're all but producing the numbers that are ordered. mass production of these things like the 90s unfortunately doesn't happen.

I think they'll rush the Championship cars, though.

I fully understand making the cars to order, but that lead time time seems kind of crazy. One would assume that they would have at least a certain number of cars built, and all they would have to do is apply the paint and decals.

mass production of these things like the 90s unfortunately doesn't happen.

I think they'll rush the Championship cars, though.

Yeah 90s and early in the 2000s they would produce 14,000-20,000ish on many different cars/driver diecast. I still look for wallace stuff from those years... I’m glad they did those numbers, really helps to find alot of that here 20 years later. Tougher to find ‘rare’ items from those days, but I really don’t get into that pursuit of rare stuff anyhow... just look for paint schemes I’m a fan of. Simple lol

I think I had pre ordered the 20 dewalt car from this year, because I really like the scheme... I think its a little underrated. They canceled the production. That was probably the last interest I will have in a current diecast... I’ll just stick to the vintage stuff haha

Yeah 90s and early in the 2000s they would produce 14,000-20,000ish on many different cars/driver diecast. I still look for wallace stuff from those years... I’m glad they did those numbers, really helps to find alot of that here 20 years later. Tougher to find ‘rare’ items from those days, but I really don’t get into that pursuit of rare stuff anyhow... just look for paint schemes I’m a fan of. Simple lol

I think I had pre ordered the 20 dewalt car from this year, because I really like the scheme... I think its a little underrated. They canceled the production. That was probably the last interest I will have in a current diecast... I’ll just stick to the vintage stuff haha
There's a major problem with DNPs (did not produce) and Lionel. I completely understand a lot of frustration from fans. Several Hamlin, Logano, and some other race win cars didn't make minimum production orders and were cancelled. A very legitimate criticism right now is that if you're not an Elliott, Blaney, or Bubba fan then good luck getting your car produced.

All my diecast is vintage stuff off e-bay or from flea markets, and $30 is the MOST I will pay. Most are closer to $20. You can buy JG stuff all day for under $30. JJ stuff is $25-75 Chase's stuff seems to start at $55. Of course rare and special models for all can go MUCH higher. I DO kind of kick myself for not buying JG's last win diecast, regardless of price.

My #BLM car came in today!

s8g3TbN.jpg

Can you just hire a man to re-skin an existing car?

Ok I think I may have figured out my Plan B issues, because apparently they are moving to a new website called Circle B...I guess someone finally told them they had the same name as the morning after pill

Ok I think I may have figured out my Plan B issues, because apparently they are moving to a new website called Circle B...I guess someone finally told them they had the same name as the morning after
Hopefully they have communicated decently with you. I had a crummy experience trying resolve an issue when an item wasn’t getting to me.

Good thing there are still a lot of options though when it comes to purchasing diecast

I ordered a raced version of Brad’s 600 win and have yet to get it. Took advantage of a couple at their bargain store (while a little inebriated-one was wrong car) and got them within 4 days.

I got my diecast through NASCAR.com, paid for it, money was taken out, haven't gotten it and NASCAR.com has no record of it in my order history.

Got mine today, a little disappointed I didn't know what color chrome was and thought it was just a glossier finish instead the car looks purple.
20201119_135021.jpg

Back
Top Bottom