How Many days to the Daytona 500?

guy-martin-iomtt-1280x794.jpg
Retrospective-2014-Guy-Martin-Southern100-2014-Isle-of-Man-Tony-Goldsmith-22.jpg

DAMn who just watched that at Vegas?!! These guys really don’t like each other!!! Lol

6d35141d9f9f381176d7603fec8feabb.jpg

I know, I'm out of sequence but I must, in good faith, add Michigans own Bob Senneker and Mike Eddy

MikeEddyNashville1.jpg

I loved all those guys and ASA racing. The racing world is a LOT worse off without it. I will stack the 90's era ASA racing with Bob, and Mike, Johnny Benson, Scott Hansen, Kevin Cywinski and company against ANY stock car racing anywhere, any era. Those guys flat out got after it every week. The races were great, the cars with their template fiberglass bodies looked great., the TV coverage was great. The tracks, with Winchester, Salem, Toledo, I70, Jennerstown and such were fantastic. When the ASA closed shut down, I felt like a member of my family had died. More than a decade later, I've never totally gotten over it. :(

I loved all those guys and ASA racing. The racing world is a LOT worse off without it. I will stack the 90's era ASA racing with Bob, and Mike, Johnny Benson, Scott Hansen, Kevin Cywinski and company against ANY stock car racing anywhere, any era. Those guys flat out got after it every week. The races were great, the cars with their template fiberglass bodies looked great., the TV coverage was great. The tracks, with Winchester, Salem, Toledo, I70, Jennerstown and such were fantastic. When the ASA closed shut down, I felt like a member of my family had died. More than a decade later, I've never totally gotten over it. :(

cut my teeth on dirt short tracks. have loved racing of all types ever since. and the ASA racing shown on TNN sunday mornings once upon a time was incredible. the STAR power second to none. and short racks make great racing. maybe Andy can chime in if the K&N series these days provide the same entertainment. but I have to wonder if nascar might ought to consider going retro by building short tracks to replace some of the oversized venues that provide racing so bad they've had to remove seats.

40738fb47b9eebf1d038d9a8b0a712b1--image-search-asa.jpg

Hell yes, I agree 100%, I absolutely loved ASA. Mike Eddy, Gary St. Amant, and Kevin Cywinski were the guys I usually pulled for. Ralph Sheheen was the head commentator for many years and is still one of my favorites in the booth. Great tracks, great racing, great memories.

Hell yes, I agree 100%, I absolutely loved ASA. Mike Eddy, Gary St. Amant, and Kevin Cywinski were the guys I usually pulled for. Ralph Sheheen was the head commentator for many years and is still one of my favorites in the booth. Great tracks, great racing, great memories.
You might add Mark Martin and Rusty Wallace..... Alan Kulwicki..... to that roster....... a whole lot of Cup drivers came up thru ASA......... Dick Trickle.......

cut my teeth on dirt short tracks. have loved racing of all types ever since. and the ASA racing shown on TNN sunday mornings once upon a time was incredible. the STAR power second to none. and short racks make great racing. maybe Andy can chime in if the K&N series these days provide the same entertainment. but I have to wonder if nascar might ought to consider going retro by building short tracks to replace some of the oversized venues that provide racing so bad they've had to remove seats.

40738fb47b9eebf1d038d9a8b0a712b1--image-search-asa.jpg
Q
You might add Mark Martin and Rusty Wallace..... Alan Kulwicki..... to that roster....... a whole lot of Cup drivers came up thru ASA......... Dick Trickle.......
I loved ASA Racing. Watched many races at Berlin Raceway just north of Grand Rapids. Cywinski was a favorite,

Back
Top Bottom