How many days until the 2020 Daytona 500?

71-1.jpg
71-2.jpg

And I’ve been beaten to the punch but as a younger fan I never heard of the K&K Insurance team until an episode of Dale Jr Download.
upload_2019-12-7_8-18-24.jpeg

upload_2019-12-7_8-19-6.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-7_8-19-36.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-7_8-19-36.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 118
In the early 70s Butch Lindley was my favorite at Greenville Pickens Speedway. He was very successful and moved on to run for the LMS National Championship and won it twice I think.
That took him away from running weekly at GPS.

So in the mid 70s Donnie Bishop became my local favorite. A lot of rambling but I rooted for Donnie more than other driver ever, period.

I remember watching him run this Nova and he got his first LMS win in this car. I really enjoyed watching his career materialize.
Screenshot_20191207-123406_ES File Explorer Pro.jpg

Photo is not taken from GPS.

That pic was taken at Bingeman Park in Kitchener Ontario probably in the mid 80-s. They use to do a Oktoberfest race there every fall. Its the only pic I have scanned to digital but can dig some more up. Always had the same number . It was the first Ultrastock in Canada, had to run with the Class 8 and 4 trucks. Reminds me that I have a vhs tape of that race I should get transferred

Please do dig up some more.

You meet the best people here. I remember you from another forum. I’m thinkin’ the Speed Boards.

That pic was taken at Bingeman Park in Kitchener Ontario probably in the mid 80-s. They use to do a Oktoberfest race there every fall. Its the only pic I have scanned to digital but can dig some more up. Always had the same number . It was the first Ultrastock in Canada, had to run with the Class 8 and 4 trucks. Reminds me that I have a vhs tape of that race I should get transferred
I love to hear stories from the local tracks we went to back in the old days. To me that’s what racing is all about.

Back
Top Bottom